1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need more punishement for Karma Negative Sailors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bebunw, Apr 13, 2020.

1. bebunw

bebunw Ranger 61 EU

Currently, players with carrack can easily kill all the small boats caravel, galleas who are bartering with auto-path or not, they have x4,5 more firepower at least leaving no chance for those who have not a carrack yet to defend, also it will be more cancer when the direction of the cannonball to shot in front of the boat is implemented in the next patch.

While on land you get killed by a player you lose nothing but on sea you lose your bartering goods and sailor gets sick, you can lose up to 100M if unlucky and you have to get your ship back very far. On the opposite, Karma negative player on land can lose gears level and exp but basically on sea they can drive their boat with an alt character without worrying of losing exp, fully naked, no barter goods, no sailors, still do big damages and lose nothing if sinked.

Then i think one first fair solution is to implement boat gear downgrade or sailor level downgrade if their boat get killed while negative karma, that solution won't fix the issue but at least mitigate the number of griefers i think, if you have better solutions, feel free to share!

Dehor, Patrik2991, Nakuls and 7 others like this.
  2. Koshus

personally I think all negative karma people should be banished to their own servers so they can all happily pvp each other while us grown ups can enjoy the game. However PA/Devs will not since the pvpers are the age group that pays their bills as far as they are concerned, They want pvp and thats that. No compromises.

3. Mimimimi

4. DafuqYouLookinAt

I'd like a more fun punishment system, like bounties and achievements.
    This way it somewhat satisfies the player(s) experiencing the struggle and also find a way to implement a way to also satisfy the outlaw(s) but keep the imposed disadvantages for them so they don't go unpunished.

Also, sea wars otw in the very near future btw!

Quinra, Jinoro and Aglaja like this.
  5. Deathtaunt

6. Aglaja

Orrr.... make it so ppl don't lose barter goods IF ship is sinked by other player. Because on the other hand sometimes people leave their ships blocking the way (especially near velia) so there's no other option but sink them - and those ppl deserve a lesson too.

Patrik2991 and Jinoro like this.
  7. woots

they are certainly way to entilted to have everyone see the super boat with super cash shop skin or whatever else, because thoses guys should have made a system long ago to auto park or whatever boat unused since a while
    Like they dont want ( in strongly suppose ) players be able to hide others players horse in town, so not hide others players anywhere you want ( hello termian park fishing event )

8. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

the pirates life is the life for me :)

9. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Killing other boats makes you lose karma in return they die with their goods this is also applied on land do you remember people moving crates manually and if over lvl 50 is fair game , and if you are afk bartering then that is your own fault for not being around to pay attention this seems to be working as intended.

If you dont like being sunk barter on a char below lvl 50 or pay attention and ch swap.

BDO land gear carried op BDO in the sea gear carried ship always going to complain

10. Spartakatz

I would assume those punishments will come. they already fixed some karma stuff there.

u can already observe toxicity in this thread, and people will always harass others for fun, and to the extreme when there are zero consequences.

asking players to simply stay below lv50 is not how they handled karma topics in the past...

11. Naviko

i just wish we had some notification or map like ping that will warn if there is an enemy "troll pirate" nearby, or if the person is flagged that the mark is visible from distance... now when i think this could be also useful in case of crocks farming where everyone is afraid that will be attacked so everyone go into full aggressive mod there and hopefully release some tensions

But also, i would not mind that they implement new jail for "troll pirates" maybe like some desolated island faar faaaar away from mainland and with nasty currents :D

12. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

lol.

u would take away one satisfactory reason for getting battle carrack to many people by that change :D

LordMg likes this.
  13. Patrik2991

A bounty system would be nice, with a menu where you can see which player is online on which ch (so switching ch won't help) and a button to flag him on the map (like the velia inn) and then the hunt can begin :D

Left alone boats on auto routes\cities\city borders are also cancer...

#13 Patrik2991, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Naviko likes this.
  14. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

how about a pirate flag right at the top of the mast for everyone to see as soon as the carrack renders. black flag with white skull for normal flagged people and a black flag with a red skull for negatives.

Fateneko, AlnilamE, Jinoro and 2 others like this.
  15. Aglaja

That is entirely their problem tho. If they are so pitiful that only causing someone's loss makes them happy, i don't know what to say to them lol

LordMg likes this.
  16. Dante404

maybe barter money is too good and pirates are the intended limiter ?

17. Aglaja

That would actually make me build my own battle carrack :D It would be fun to sail around chasing red skull bois <3

Fateneko and Jinoro like this.
  18. AlnilamE

That would be very cool.

One of the issues is that you can't see that someone is flagged until their boat is right next to yours, so that would definitely help.

bebunw likes this.
  19. ۜSиσω

Sounds like you got your ass kicked by a pirate. ^^

I do like the bounty idea! Give the good guys more incentive to go after the bad guys, justice will win!

Dehor likes this.
  20. Dehor

i like what you are suggesting. The last time i remember, i was -1,000,000 Karma and it took me 8 hours of grinding to get back to 0.
    I just didn't kill,Almost in every good grind location there is a retard who doesn't understand the BDO legendary rule "Duel for spot". i was freaking grinding for Guild Missions and that retard forced me to PVP by karma bumping. Taking all gears out and getting shot shoted by me everytime. whole freaking BDO was a WAR zone for me lol. cause when u reach -1,000,000 karma, u will deal very very very less dmage and take very very very high damage.and u know what comes next.

NOwheretobefound likes this.