1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Negative Character Progression

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ezikeo, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Ezikeo

Gotta love a game where you farm silver for weeks to to try and get an upgrade, only to watch it blow up or degrade in a matter of seconds. Are these developers retarded? This has to be a Korean MMO thing, I have never seen any NA developed game do this.

When a player has no choice but to enhance and risk blowing up accessories or degrade armor/weapons to progress their character, players will quit when they see all there hard work disappear into thin air. I don't even want to get started with this moronic failstacking system.

TLDR - Punishing players that grind and try and progress their characters to only digress is the stupidest mechanic in the game. Armor/weapons degrading and accessories blowing up through enhancing needs to be gone.

Scixer, Oddyss, Redarion and 3 others like this.
  2. Flood

Flood Musa 62 NA

@Ezikeo idk who you are trying to fool here. There are plenty of ways to enchant gear without degrading. I'm not in favor of the enchant system. I think it's silly how lucky people are but they're adding in ways to massage this. If you're blowing up your gear Everytime you enchant that's your problem.

3. Sibyyl

You can’t actually degrade your gearscore if you’re enchanting with backups.

Did you know that?

The Drizzle, Qba, Drakias and 15 others like this.
  4. Andaro

Ambassador

what were you enhancing?

5. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

Have you never played ragnarok online or vindictus? This is normal for kr mmorpgs.

EvL likes this.
  6. Columba

I hope you know to always use backup gear for enchanting! I have tri so I am using backup for tet.

7. ambyentlight

In bdo time means little to nothing due to you can blow all your stuff up and degrade it with billions in time. Unless your rolling a rng carryed account that is.

Ezikeo likes this.
  8. DarkKnightMasterRace

i agree it should not degrade, lets give everyone free full PEN gear. Devs gonna make alot of money that way if everyone is full PEN in 1 month

Stillwaters likes this.
  9. IRustyI

Assuming you are enhancing weapons and gears :

1. Getting them to TRI is no brainer. Not that hard.
    2. There's always cron stone to prevent degrading but it takes bit of silver
    3. TET is not that friendly to enhance but it is pretty much doable. It's just matter of materials and time.

If you are talking about TRI / TET yellow accs

- I actually agree with you. I really don't think accs should not break till DUO level. It's really punishing and brutal.

but compared to other KR mmo, this is quite generous.

But imo,

it's still ****ing stupid because.. you have to intentionally fail your own gears in order to succeed in enhancing only one gear.

ahhh the irony

Ezikeo, EvL, Irijia and 1 other person like this.
  10. ambyentlight

DEVS would lose alot of money if they gave everyone full pen so that would never happen.

11. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

@Ezikeo is right, the gear downgrading, aka negative progression is ****ing stupid as hell. No one should be punished for trying to simply progress in this game. They removed EXP loss on PvP death for a similar reason, because it became to costly of a punishment and enhancing gear is the costliest thing we do in game.

No one is suggesting they make the system easier. There are ways to maintain difficulty without increasing it's reward, but at the same time making it less punishing. Simplest way would to just increase the difficulty for each level of enhancement and remove downgrading.

Scixer, Redarion, Irijia and 3 others like this.
  12. LogicaI

Jeez just /thread him quickly,Harsh but true.

13. Cold_Darkness

since enchanting is based on statistics, one could alter the success chances so that pen would be equaly as hard as before to achieve even without degrading on fails.

while the OP was correctly pointed towards using backups, a lower successrate no degrade system would be a major quality of life upgrade. even though the actual successchance would be abysmaly low on III and higher.

14. kaliver

kaliver KaIiver Valkyrie 61 NA

If negative progression tilts you then save up silver to buy items from the mp, make backups or again save a ton of silver so that the odds you get hard stuck with duo gear are very slim. The real problem is they just shovel resources at people who don't know what the eff they're doing with them and then blame the game for their poor decision making.

15. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

League of Legend - Lootboxes. Wanting that new champ as a new player? Good luck. Chance is <1%

16. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

cough

Caphras Stones

cough

17. ManlyBeard

It’s even more sad that most ppl that reply here condone this system by providing their own sad ways of “circumventing” degrading / regression.

Redarion and VasilisD like this.
  18. Catastigma

is still better that your moronic other way that make your previous Gear completly useless like in WoW where the new green gear is better that your Raid boss.
    Completly destroy the progression of people with 1 patch is worst that this RNG system. if you cannot understand this.

BDO is just not for you. Casual player.

Josh28 and Thanak like this.
  19. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

An yet NA didn't made good mmorpgs for like 10 years ...

20. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

I agree. At least with enhancing accessories - that crap is pure cancer and I don't know what retard thought that was a good idea. Its probably one of the worst enhancement mechanics I've seen in any MMO to date.

In terms of gear, its irritating that not only does it degrade, but that you have to deal with durability loss as well. They definitely should make some adjustments to the enhancement system at least. You have people who heavily suffer under it for months, but then you have others who got really lucky/RNG carried and they're in their full tet or whatever.

But given that this game is not pay to win, they have actually cleverly set up their screwed up enhancement system as a way to manipulate people into spending tons of $$$ in an effort to get full tet/pen just so that they can go out there and fight in a crap PvP system that includes 16 unbalanced classes and....that's it, because we all know this game's PvE content is nonexistent because they're lazy and don't know how to create an actual exciting sandbox game.