1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Negative Karma Musa story!

Discussion in 'Musa' started by Dremlock, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Ghoast_

Ghoast_ Musa 63 NA

Thhhhicccc

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

well the point is that u have to be limited in a way. it is not designed like that by accident.

i mean, i would like a 1 sec teleport that lets me anicancel all my skills on my wizard but that doesnt mean it would be fair or balanced to say the least.

3. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

I mean look, I can't say I'm all the way there with you on this but it definitely is deliberate.

4. levinano

That goes back to my point saying that your class wasn't made for that. Your class was made for long lasting protected AoE/long distance damage rotations. If you want to trade all those attacks for a melee distanced fast, unprotected damage dealers, then you should get 1 sec teleport cancels too... wait, there's already a class like that... Sorc.

My point is that Blades don't have the other good stuff so it needs this one thing.

5. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

This is wrong. As a wizard witch you shouldn't be looking at running at them, since at the end of the day your class isn't really a chase and kill class. The second you flip the scenario where the musa is chasing you (since they are just that) you see why this is an issue. If a wiz eitch has blue orb on and double tps and puts their wep away and just runs(and tps when its up) a musa has no way of catching up. Literally 0. And that is the issue that most musa or maehwas here are complaining about. This is based on my experience playing musa mae and witch.

Ghoast_ likes this.
  6. Kayray

Honestly, at this point, they really should just take away stamina costs on non movement abilities. (Gonna speak based on musa here but a lot of it applies to mae.) My computer died so i cant get on this week so someone ix gonna have to go grab the stamina values for me if I'm wrong.
    Shout : 150 stamina, one of our openers, not a grab, no movement.
    Dbite : 150 stamina, one of our openers, not a grab, small forward movement when stabbing
    Blind thrust : 150 stamina, crit buff, nota grab, only small stabbing movement if fbt.
    Counter ass. : 150 stamina, one of our openers, no movement
    Beyond all of this, chase is quite literally our only tool to reposition. Lacking a grab we are forced to poke and prod over and over again. If I ever start a fight with less than 70 % stamina i dont expect to get out after(large scale). Its been horrible fighting strikers mystics and warriors, because i have to keep moving and more often than not they can out sustain my stamina.
    A good example of how bad it is can be seen from the fact that a lot of musa and mae still run stamina gems even in this resist meta.

7. WhySoSeeryus

aside from what is and isnt a wizards job, what you basically wrote there is that i cant catch them and that they cant catch me. so which one is it? :)

8. Kayray

It is both in this case. The problem being that it is a musa's job to catch a witch and not vice versa.

#48 Kayray, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  9. levinano

Short distance, Musa can catch anybody with Chase cancel, long distance, anybody can catch Musa.
    On my Plum, it took 12 seconds Awakening dash to dash from the BA's front gate to the bleachers facing it, by the end of it I was walking over and dashing once ever couple seconds due to lack of stamina. This also means if it was a fight I couldn't even fight back when the chaser caught up.

It took my Witch 10 seconds with Spellbound Heart (which you can have on forever) stacked with Speed Spell (20s downtime) teleports (don't stack with speed buffs) and putting away her weapons and just sprinting (not useful for a fight but is great for chasing/running away). At the end of it, near full MP, still a bunch of stamina remaining. Can keep going for a long time.

13 seconds with my Kuno using just Target Chase and Ghost step. Ninja'll be able to do it even faster by including Ninja Step every once in a while. Again, still full of resources.

13 seconds rotating movement abilities on my Warrior. Half stamina but other resources near full.

You can double this distance and you can see how far Blades'll fall behind after they run out of stamina half way through.

#49 levinano, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  10. WhySoSeeryus

but expecting me to follow musa without weapons in mass pvp into his allies is kinda unrealistic, right? unless its situation where he runs solo god knows where and runs from multiple enemies. that is also something that shouldnt happen.

11. Kayray

Its like you can't read, its not your job to chase a musa.

12. WhySoSeeryus

its not a musas job to solo play and outdash a blob of people either, that was the point.

13. Kayray

But it is though... Oof

Ghoast_ likes this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

musa in a flank party that is a bit apart from the main blob - should be able to reach it more than safetly

solo yolo musa outrunning multiple people to infinity and beyond - not ok.

15. levinano

Yeah, sadly it is, the Blade classes weren't meant to be in the fray, fighting in the front lines. Unlike other squishy classes, like Ninja/Kuno who have evasion and hard CCs like grabs, or DK with her ranged AoEs, or the other two casters with more protected AoEs and range, Blades were meant to be Assassin/skirmish classes used to pick off stragglers.

This is true, they can act as flank parties and work best within them.

However, in large scale or small scale, it's a class without... you know the stuff, it's a class without anything, so it needs to be able to outrun people whenever they face a dire situation. Maybe not to infinity and beyond to a point where it's hard to catch on a horse, but definitely to a safe far away distance that counts as a complete disengage.

16. You're a wizard, you won't be chasing one of the most mobile classes in the game... However, you can complete deny most of their engages by using your aoes and mouse movement.

17. Here:
    https://gyazo.com/445b665c07fd317ddeb5ee0a923716c2 - This is normal forward awakened dash.
    https://gyazo.com/347ed3216060f49b0a7b144a9d32c506 - This is cancelled forward awakened dash.

18. WhySoSeeryus

well, i was kinda talking about running after them in gyfins, where i kinda will run after... everyone will. ofc that i shouldnt chase a musa during nw unless specific situation. ;)

fact is, they are way faster, and they can do it for a really long time. there is plenty of room for engage and disengage unless people really expect to permadash from calpheon to trent or some crap.

19. Delolith

Delolith Kakita Ninja 63 EU

Sorry but this was their selling point for the second slowest animations among melee classes, lack of grab, lack of iframes and lack of dependable protected CCs. So please since you do not understand the class....speak for yours and l2p against one too instead of complaining for things that you have not experienced and obviously not understand..

Apocryphia likes this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

thank you for this very constructive post. dash classes do have an upper hand advantage in choosing engages and disengages. they simply have to get a horse when they wanna go from grana to valencia.