1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Negative Karma Musa story!

Discussion in 'Musa' started by Dremlock, Oct 14, 2018.

1. levinano

Yes I know it's in awakening, sorry I didn't make it clear that I was testing it in awakening.

I did this thing where I held WW and tapped W LMB. It worked on Musa like on the gifs and it makes you go one or two chase distances further so it's not really that useful.

How do you do it on Plum? I tried it with Chase I and Chase II, tapping and holding, binding it to G and to my MouseFunction, nothing worked O_o.

Btw, I use Chase I because you can Q cancel pre-awakened Chase with Chase I. It's slightly slower but lets you go farther and be in SA longer. It's personal preferences, I'd rather go slightly slower than go slightly faster and deplete my stamina in 4 seconds.

2. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

Bind a key to ww. Lets say mouse button 4. Then you hold down mouse button 4 and lmb. Nothing else. The maehwa will throw out 1 upward swipe then Chase like normal. But the stamina consumption for the chase is a lot lesser.

3. Arzurag

Musa doesn't need to be buffed.
    Other classes simply need to be brought down (or up in some regards) to musa's Level.

4. Kayray

Im personally an advocate of buffs over nerfs at this point in the game. Musa overall strength isn't at a bad spot, but the gameplay itself doesn't feel great. Its a class that does well as a damage dump, but a single musa wont carry a fight.
    A few stamina fixes in the combat kit will fix that w.o making the class stronger. Goal is to make gameplay feel less like a sputtering engine.

levinano likes this.
  5. levinano

Oh wow that's actually pretty nice, though it requires me to change to Chase II and get a new mouse XD

6. There is no other dash on musa that can go longer than what was shown in the second gif. The only other type of dash is LMB + WW in unawakened, which is crazy fast but very short and have a high probability to desync.

Musa and Maehwa is not the same class. I'd like to see a video/gif of that "way longer" dash.

7. It's more than half speed of normal chase, but it gets you the double distance. Timing is very crucial on it.
    The gifs I linked was from the first times I did it. After a week or two of doing it, it's very useful.

It has it's uses, like when you just want to be mobile and don't need protection. I think every musa should learn it.

However...

There are 2 difficult parts in it with timing:
    Doing it too fast - Will result in stamina not being regenerated.
    Doing it too slow - Willr esult in a lot of stamina saved but very slow speed.

The easy way to do it is the following:

Normal chasing is just W + RMB, yah?

Holding W + RMB + LMB will make you stand in place and basic attack. You'd dash as soon as you release LMB
    What you need to do is to rewire (easier than it sounds) your brain so that your dashes are coming from "Release LMB = Dash"
    When you press LMB again, your dash will end with an upwards smash and a little slide forward. You need to get down the timing so that you release LMB as soon as that little slide ends.

The "rewire" part here is that you control when you dash by letting go of a button and pressing it again... Much like tapping a key, except here you let the key up and push it down again. The opposite of tapping a key.

Situations where this is super useful:
    -When you're out of range from enemy attacks and need to circle their fort/group.
    -When you need to travel a bit longer.
    -When you have disengaged, know that you won't be CCd and need to keep going due to people chasing you.
    -When you need to chase a Maehwa/Musa that is in the process of fleeing. They won't be trying to CC you if you are on their ass.
    -When kiting people (Depending on which class). Many people won't really understand why you are slashing between dashes.
    -When looking for war targets on a grind spot. The worst that can happen is that you're dashing around, see the war target and can't even engage because you have no stamina.

Foggen likes this.
  8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

for maehwa, according to a guy:

maehwa.JPG

9. Kayray

Scroll up to my post.

10. levinano

Yeah it works. It doesn't help in combat (unless you're chasing or running away) but goddamn it's amazing lol, I no longer complain because with this we got our roles back XD Except, Musa doesn't have it >.<
    btw it's not a perma dash and it never was (not like Warrior's perma dash at least). The distance you get is about from the north entrance of Heidel, to the south.

Binding to WW didn't work for me, not mouse problem either. Just doing Forward+LMB then holding LMB+RMB worked though.

11. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

so... basically, it helps alot. :p

12. levinano

Yup, at least I'm not being outran by 90% of the people who can't beat me lol

13. Kayray

Eh. Whatever works for you.

14. Kayray

Musa es still sad though T.T

levinano likes this.
  15. Well, I've quit the game and now Archer is going to come out soon. Made Musa because it had a bow and martial arts. Would've mained Ranger if it was Male. If they don't do something with Musa so that it has a clear role & style that other classes don't, I'll either reroll to Archer or not play at all.

It's fun in Pve... It's fun in Pvp... But not more fun than how much fun it used to be. I liked to facetank people because I was good at it. We're more like an annoying fly now that dies as soon as someone notices and gets a swatter.

There are barely any class changes nowadays, so I guess PA found the perfect balance D:<

levinano likes this.
  16. jangalangz

W + LMB, then DASH spam right after Mae's.. 50% less stamina reduction easy.