1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerf blockjump/wolf frenzy/solar flare

Discussion in 'PvP' started by DarkKnightMasterRace, Aug 30, 2018.

1. DarkKnightMasterRace

Insta cast teleports with a CC attached to them after super armor nerfs are overpowered in 1v1 situation, there is really no skill involved in pressing 1 button, being teleported to your target and land a free CC that cant be avoided unless u have 5 ping because the devs were not competant enough to balance this game and even removed all the super armors to make these broken abilities even more OP.

nerf insta cast teleport skills with a CC on them, remove CC from these abilities. Warrior solar flare can get super armor on it to compesnate, mystic and ninja should not get anything since both blockjump and wolf frenzy are already iframes.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

3. Allan1985

yummy the taste of newby's tears, give me more, GIVE ME MORE!!!

4. Decem

As you are smartest person in BDO , you should know that removing solar flare stiff its not an issue. If they give us superarmor on it it would be even better lmao. Its skill itself, literally best teleport in game. Followed by blance strike or overwelm or grab, CC on it really doesnt matter.

But whatever, give me SA on solar. We are asking this for past 3 months. Good idea.

Hennyman, Lyonid and Lee Ryu like this.
  5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Maybe learn how to play against it?
    Those skills are typical noob killers, easy to use against people who don't know how to adabt in certain situations.
    Yes, those skills are strong, especially blockjump and can be used to punish mistakes very easily, but if you know how to play it, know their cooldowns you can play around it. Most of ninjas/kunos don't know anything besides blockjump/grab so learning when they will use it will make the fight easy.
    First of all, there is a small delay between the blockjump and them appearing behind you. you can easily use that to get out of range or use an iframe as this will nullify the jump. Furthermore, don't use skills that lock you in an animation, as good ninja/kuno will punish you with that.
    A friend of mine (mystic) always lost to them and didn't know how to counter them until i tought him and now he barely has any problems against it.

Wolfs frenzy is so much easier to counter. It only ccs on the LAST hit, it hits 5 times and dodging the last hit if you just count is very easy, typical noob killer.

Now we come to solar flare, a complelty unprotected skill that is quick, but not instant. Easy to counter with an sa that ccs (use preawa) or simply dodge to the side.

While those skills are definitly strong against noobs, they can be countered if you just spend a little time and effort to learn how to do so. This is clearly a git gud issue, so i hope my tips help you in countering those skills.

Gavad, Lyonid, Nalleryn and 2 others like this.
  6. SKS_DK

Noob killer? thats why ninja, mystic and warrior are the strongest 1v1 classes in the game, because it defeintly only kills noobs which basically means everyone is a noob including yourself.

7. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

typical answer of a noob :D

it's ok if you have problems with fighting against those classes, but that is (if equal gear) not because they are op and can't be countered but because you don't know how to play against them. Yes, those classes have a good kit for 1v1s, but that doesn't mean it's unbeatable. You would be surprised how many people in this game have no idea about how their class works in pvp and also what other classes do...99% of the players don't know anything and just spam skills, then go to the forums and complain.
    blockjump -> grab or wolfs frenzy -> grab are easy to counter if you use your brain for once and don't just spam random skills. coutering such skills actually takes practice and knowledge and not just random skill spamming.
    It's ok if you don't know how to do it. Players who actually know what they are doing will rarely be cought by those skills as they are the most obvious engages possible.

Tvvin likes this.
  8. Netreiam

Please tell us the "easy" answer that we are all missing.

9. SKS_DK

So what you re saying is ninja and mystic are balanced class and its obviously an l2p issue, ok i got it. Warrior on the other hand is another story even though they are still OP in 1v1

yeah if you lose to a ninja you re a noob, you dont get it? Ninja is a balanced class and so is block jump into grab, Its a skillfull and balanced class and only noobs die to it

Gavad likes this.
  10. EvL

EvL

Pretty sure it's already on the chopping block...

[Kunoichi, Ninja]

● The cooldown time for Ninjutsu: Block Jump was adjusted.

- Previous: 10 seconds → Changed: 18 seconds

That's in global test servers now.... Block Jump nerf is on its way more than likely....

11. nolasigns

Anyone standing there long enough for a block jump to land deserves to eat the dirt.

Oh, and they could make it a 30 min cool-down, it will still be a noob killer.

Gavad and Tvvin like this.
  12. Rayin

So you want to remove the CC from Solar flare but place a SA on it because it can be chained with a grab? the skill damage isn't high and removing the CC you're removing ANOTHER engage of the class in 1 vs 1.

Piercing Spear > Solar already become the only way of a Warrior to engage any class except War, seems legit, for every 2 half-decent post you make you must always make a thread where you type under the effect of a stroke.

13. Lee Ryu

Solar with SA and no stiff ? Please give it to us.
    At high level pvp = when both players have mastered their class and know how they can play vs other classes, landing a solar stiff is a feat since everyone has a S-block now.
    Solar also has no protection and you actually sacrifice your iframe dash to make those kind of teleports.
    Usually people will go for a solar grab but if you have an iframe and avoid the grab (yes you can iframe right after you see the warrior dash) then you can punish the warrior easily. That's why grab engages are not easy to land at high level pvp because ppl know how to counter it and warriors with experience will never risk it unless they know all iframes are on cooldowns.

Hennyman likes this.
  14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Don't assume things i don't write.
    I there is no OP class in bdo, but ninja/mystic definitly are very strong classes right now and you can do well without knowing much about the game.
    Warrior is only op in 1v1 against a non grab class.

And yes, it is a l2p issue as those skills are easy to counter once you know how to and train a bit against it. Good ninja/kunos don't use that skill to engage a lot as it leaves you open to a couter cc against certain classes. It is literally a skill to punish bad play (staying in block, engaging unsave, using skills that lock you in place).

Tvvin and NatashaArisha like this.
  15. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

You can easily be CC out of frenzy by AoE (you only get invincibility while disappeared) or get grab at the end of the animation by an experience PvPer since it only CC on the last hit now (block last hit -> grab).

Any further nerf to it and the skill would be basically useless similar to striker wolf frenzy especially when the skill is bugged and sometimes your character just jump back even though you're in the range of it which lead you to get CC.

Valkyrie, farsay and AZzalor like this.
  16. Lee Ryu

except mystic grab flows after the frenzy you can grab from any side by turning your cam.
    CCing the wolf frenzy requires a slow debuff and even then is not as easy as you make it sound like. Yes it is possible but will happen only 1/1000 time and it will because your char is being targeted by multiple ppl with skills that applies cc on good hits.

17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

i already told you in an earlier post, but as you seem to be too lazy to read it, i'll tell you again.
    Blockjump: Blockjump has a slight delay before they can jump behind you. using a mobility skill to go backwards as soon as you see them using the skill usually gets you out of range and makes the skill useless. practice a bit to see the range of it and when kuno/ninja use it.
    DON'T use skills that lock you in place (for example the mystic succ). You can use them once blockjump was used (has 11sec cd right now, will be 18 seconds soon).
    using an iframe once the skill is used to make let the blockjump fail as it needs a target to succeed but it can't target anyone in iframe.

Wolfs frenzy: Wolfs frenzy seems strong at first but only once you get behind how it works. The mystic will disappear and teleport on you 5 times, where the last hit will be a stun, the others don't cc at all and let you freely use skills. the mystic is only cced while disappeard, while she appears to kick you each of the 5 times she is actually vulnerable and can be cced with a lucky cc, but it's hard to do that.
    The easiest way to dodge it is pretty much the same as blockjump. Count the hits and shortly before the 5th use an iframe or backdash which will bring you out of range. Differently to blockjump, she actually teleports INFRONT of you and not behind. you can block the last hit and instantly grab after or try to dash to the side and counter attack. there is a slow delay between the last hit and the grab that usually comes after it, so using a super armor that moves you is a good way to dodge it as well.

Solar flare: This is one of the easiest skills to dodge. First of all you have to understand that this skill is normally not used for cc but for gap closing to instantly grab after. Generally warriors have good forward movement but no real ways to go sideways, solar flare is no exception to this. When a warrior stands in block a few meters away from you, what they usually will do is either waiting for you to engage so they can instantly grab or try to surprise you with a quick solarflare to grab you. Using any sideways move (except the basic roll) will dodge solar flare as the hitbox is rather small.
    Simply move around, don't try to stand in a place. also never forget that solar flare is unprotected and while it is one of the best enagages for a warrior it is also very dangerous as there are a good amount of skills you can use to counter it, for example the kunoichi tendoncutter or maehwa redmoon. generally using preawa skills that cc as a counter to it are an easy way to get a warrior cced when he tries to engage you with solar flare.

I have the feeling that most people didn't adjust to the new system and still try to play in awa only...preawa is often now better for general skills, cc and movement than awakening and awakening is mainly used for dmg. Make use of that.

tl;dr:
    git gud

Tvvin, LordBrasca and Irini like this.
  18. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

You can only grab after her last "kick" animation. Block -> grab it or just SA grab that last hit on a character like striker (the pre-awake grab have SA) and mystic will be a free kill.

I normally don't rely to CC on frenzy because I use it as a gap closer. Frenzy -> grab vs newbies, frenzy -> pull -> silent step -> grab vs experience PvP or use it to chase extremely mobile class like Musa. But, it's a good skill check that can tell me if the other person PvP often or not.

19. Netreiam

Nope. Our movement skills are FG so doing that means you get CCed from behind. Not to mention our dash just gets vacuumed into grabs no matter what half the time. I-frames? What I-frames?

Don't care about the rest

20. Lee Ryu

Block from which side ? Did you know that you can direct wolf frenzy to hit your opponents back ? Not every class is like warrior and even then warrior grab or valk grab is unprotected.
    Your grab is protected too so the only way to get out is to time an iframe or SA mobility skill. if you fail you can just use your PA and reset.