1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerf blockjump/wolf frenzy/solar flare

Discussion in 'PvP' started by DarkKnightMasterRace, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Caldra

also their grapple needs to not be 100%. The grapple is broken and resistances are not applying to it

2. SKS_DK

lol another sh*tter trying to stack grab resist . its why i run kutum + 2x ignore grab gems to counter badddies that stack grab resist. Still have 261 ap with kutum so it dosent affect my AP. feelsgoodman

3. Caldra

if you play ninja you don't even need any of that. its 100%

4. Boojangles

oooo i like that idea

5. Hypotermia

quess what wolfs frenzy is completely unprotected at start of skill. There is small window when mystic can be cc'd

Also there is really easy counter to wolfs frenzy. Use any protective skill at right time because its super easy to avoid :D top of that if player knows timing they can grab faster than mystics. I teached this to several warriors and they just insta grab ppl from wolfs frenzy. Also where is Sorcs and Dk's? They got similar skills too why not complain about them?

edit: Oh yeah forgot to mention that some skills break up whole wolfs frenzy which interrupts it completely

Block jump is getting nerffed in future its already on test servers

#65 Hypotermia, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  6. Ashnachiel

Ashnachiel Warrior 62 EU

Well at least you found something else Kakao can do to nerf warriors, remove our ability to grab engage lmao.

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

you probably arent getting any more loving from them exactly DUE to grab engage, ever thought of that?

8. Lyonid

Ahahah complaining of 1v1 skill-based issues in a GvG game... PvP here is tought starting from node wars and sieges or so it should be. 1v1 happens on spots, will never be balanced and is not an issue. Try grab engaging in war or randomly solar flare inside a base, then we could talk about it.

Tvvin likes this.
  9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

1v1 became quite important since arsha drop boost.

BDO_Nictofilia likes this.
  10. Rayin

- Ranger can chain the grab with his fast dash;
    - Mistik can chain grab after Wolf's Frenzy that is a fully-iframed attack and only in mass it can be blown if several targets are attacking it at the same time;
    - Ninja can chain grab 2 different grabs with block jump or after an almost guaranteed CC;
    - Lahn can chain her grab with the flight as soon as she's landing;
    - Wizard can chain the grab with the teleport, although that's not really easy because Wiz grab is Valkyrie tier and knowing exact where you would land with the TP is hard, still people like Ellecon can do that;

Pretty much every class can grab engage, the only one that probably can't effectively as far as i've seen is Striker. Even thought that probably they never did any proper class balance to begin with, if Sorc during DF times couldn't be beaten at all except from Wizards & Rangers, then it couldn't beat Warrior not even in 10 tries with the same gear and now a Warrior would loose to a Sorc 100 times out of 100 with the same GS at higher tiers?

11. Lee Ryu

Cmon bruh. Let's say 30/70 in favor of sorc.

12. Rayin

Without Renown yeah, with Renown if both have 260+ AP good luck at sitting in block when she keeps attacking you from behind and CC you and you're forced to move and risk to be cc'ed.

It was more balanced when we had LSA, as a Sorc could damage you in back attack anyway and through your SA, now not only is hard for you to damage her through her iframes/SA because you lack of CC, but you can be pretty much CC'ed as you move or while performing any sort of skill.
    Forget about grabbing her unless she has been slowed down with Grave and she's so stupid to use her Violation fully or GRJ fully charged without baiting you into grabbing her while you're standing.

13. RoakOriginal

Did you really just compare warrior to mystic and ninja?

Where are we? At awakening release?

14. Lee Ryu

Still 30/70. I just keep them at bay. It's sad how defensive warrior has to play to win those matchups. Basically we play on opponent mistakes. But it's such a sh*t playstyle.
    That's how dirty Warriors have to play because this class only has high risk high reward moves when others have low-med risk high rewards.

15. Tvvin

You are aware accuracy/evasion doesn't effect cc right? Ninjas grab is 100% accuracy.just the pre Awakening grab

#75 Tvvin, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  16. BDO_Nictofilia

Omfg totally agree, specially block jump... I hate that **** so much, just press a button and your target has stiffness, you appear in the back and have a free grab :D

17. Tvvin

I don't think people realize it you move out of range during it's loading animation it fails .

Or that you need to aim at a target to appear behind them. Literally just pay attention to the Ninja ,learn what block jump loading looks like move away when he enters or use your movement to nullify it.omg

18. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Unless they actually fixed Hell Break's supposed grab success buff to work Striker doesn't have anything like that.
    Upon using HB we should get a higher grapple success rate, but last time i tested it was not having any effect.

Both HB and MS failed the same on a target with 30% resist - 1/3~
    Due to the vague description of the skill itself making it unclear if the buff actually applies to HB itself I tested both grabs on their own and then both grabs in rapid succession and there was no change.

I may need to run some tests again as my test sample was over a month ago, but I have not heard about any changes to HB and its mechanics in the meantime.

If anyone ran some tests of their own, please do share your results.

19. Spartakatz

The core of your post is correct. Very weird to see those huge adjustments.

But 3 years, nah. Couple of months, they completely changed the whole system not so long ago, did you already forget? I can't remember people whining about Ninja before, so it was never an issue until lately. With so many classes and tons of skills, impossible to get everything balanced right away. There is literally no other choice but to do guesswork, observe how it turns out and adjust. And this should be done on the test server, I guess that one is just a pseudo thing, at least I haven't found any communication between testing players and devs, changes just come live no matter what happens there.

20. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

But u should know that superarmor changes should only affect awakening skills it was never mention that this count for preawakening too ;)