1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerf carracks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ponge85, Jul 1, 2020.

1. RandomHajile

Yes.

Interesting idea. Would be nice to add in looting of barter mats and trade mats in the game :):)

2. Naho

That's a bit extreme. They sure need to be penalized just like a normal red player lose crystals, but that will defeat the purpose of being red on the sea and no one would it. I would go for some sort of debuff, take more damage from other boats or deal less, having a 90% boat damage everytime someone sink you etc.

3. Desibabez94

LOL.

Man if I were him I’d be working on my second carrack by now

Why is he trolling xD

4. Frozenfist

There is supposed to be a PENALTY for being red. On the sea, there currently isn't one. Having gear degrade is perfectly ok.

Additionally, something I have seen repeatedly through this thread is people making ridiculous comparisons, like using base grunil to beat pen boss or 200 ap vs 300 ap, when what people actually are asking for is to be able to be more like tet gear and pen gear, where you actually have a chance. Right now, it is literally impossible to win vs a carrack if you don't have one. Someone in tet gear can beat someone with pens if the guy in tets is skilled, or if the guy with pens is an idiot. But you conveniently ignore that and just think because you have something expensive you should get to do whatever you want to everyone else.

5. Naho

And why would I spend month getting a blue gear for my carrack, when I can get beat up by someone who just sail with **** green gear? I don't think you even realize what you're talking about or how long this take. The idea is to get to the last tier of progress and be rewarded for it. Come with Tet gear against someone with PEN and c9 and let's talk about it.

#45 Naho, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  6. Frozenfist

Someone with tet gear can still beat someone with Pen C9. 269 AP is possible without any pens, and that is more than enough for most classes to burn through You obviously don't realize how combat gear works if you think someone with Pen C9 can't die to someone with tets. You are rewarded by the last step of progression by having a stronger boat with more speed and weight. Being unbeatable because you have that gear is complete and utter bs and you know it.

7. Naho

It's not about skill needed but damage dealt. So no , you clearly don't get where this is going because that's literally what we've been comparing. If someone just sit there and shoot at you you can dodge cannonball if you're not a complete pepega. Same thing.

I'm rewarded with all my effort by having more stats , and you want this to be destroyed just because i choose to go red? Do you not feel like there is something wrong there?

#47 Naho, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  8. Riandrisael

Really considering pvp is broken on the water there is no reason at all to complain about the power level of carracks lol. I think every boat except the useless bartali boat can survive at least 2-3 shots of a carrack and that's more than enough time to realize and switch channels, only way people die on their ships is not knowing the switching rule or panicking.

The real problem is galley no matter what is a sitting duck for any ship and has none of the options of switching channels, and its gear even on the best possible gear makes it literally worthless except for reviving on the boat during vell. it's so pathetic that PA went through the trouble of buffing the gear on galley but didn't actually buff the gear. How the hell did PA think that galleys were so good that all they needed was a good 5% hp and some stamina?

If anything galleys should be on the same speed and damage as a carrack since it takes just as much effort and annoyance. For reference, my volante ship is 170% speed and the galley I worked to get blue gear on is sitting at 108% speed that's just sad

TLDR pvp is broken anyway so no point acting like it matters until they add ship arenas and for now there are worse ship imbalances than better upgrades make for a better ship

9. kkunegunda

just make a carrack, buddy

10. LesserHellspawn

Even that won't be enough. The supreme sea king is a +10 blue geared Valor. 9 seconds reload (8 with a sailing guru at the helm), highest damage, maneuverability on par with the Volante, only a little bit slower. Oh, and of course sporting an Ebenuths Nol.

11. Naho

With another carrack you got plenty time to avoid being pked. With a T4 you still got 3-4 shot before that person sink you.

If they don't wanna make a carrack then don't, but don't sit there and complain about it being broken when they want to sit there and drive the tier below.

12. Kishigai

Well, at least, maybe you could remove invulnerability to a Carrack (or in general boats) driver. That would help retaliation against Carrack attacking guild galley. If he get to close, he get boarded and slain.
    If he's good enough he sink the boat from far away.

It kinda add some strategie, and also the need for carrack owner that wanna grief to get some bodyguards onboard.

I think the mechanic is pretty lame if not only the guild galley doesn't have the DP/life/speed and AP to compete against carrack, but it can't even use the only advantage it has: usually more peoples on it.

That would increase the threat of Guild galley to single carrack owner, and at the same time, if they're good enough to avoid getting boarded they can still grief all they want. (not that I support such behaviour... but I does exist... I guess some people love wasting over peoples time).

That would balance the game a bit. Especially considering guild galley can't escape by swapping server, and when it is sunk it's sometimes 4/6 people grieffed at once with mostly no retaliations possible.

13. Naho

Guild galley do need buffs or at least be equal to a carrack damage wise and defense wise

14. Kishigai

I did not say that, I said remove boat driver Invulnerability, and make boarding a thing. (yeah i said carrack at first, but it would make sense to make it for all boats)

Edit: sorry it's late, I missread you're message. Yes i think too that guild galley need some buff. At the very minimum an increased survivability. About speed and AT, I would say carrack should still get an edge, but a galley should be able to take at least a dozen volley before being sunk.

#54 Kishigai, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  15. Naho

I never said you said it. But everyone bring guild galley into it, which has issues.

If they remove their inv then why fight even? They would have to change the way cannonball works too, since you can just kill them that way when they have 15 dp with a sailor outfit.

16. Kishigai

Well... then maybe when you plan on attacking over ship you should get your armor on??

17. GuitarSamurai

Its called progression in a game with basically unending progression. Is there an advantage to using Liverto over Blackstar? No because Blackstar is an endgame item like Carrack. If you aren't afk you should have enough time to change channels if someone attacks you. Its not like you are going to lose your grind spot in the middle of the ocean.

JohnnyNails likes this.
  18. Kishigai

Excellent question... That also apply with inv. Why sink other ships?
    Except for (imo) an unhealthy and egotestical sense of superiority, there is no gain in sinking other ships. I'm not saying there should be any, that would just make things worse.
    That's why the majority of carrack owner, beeing nice balanced people, usually just go around peacefully doing their business. But you got a few of them around that just like making other people suffer. And with a carrack they got a lot of firepower and are mostly unkillable. And with a carrack, a single player can waste the day of dozens of other player.

Especially people that uses a dedicated char and not their main with the boat. The char need no gear, can go perma red, who cares? He's just here to drive the boat on Vell day. Can't catch them on land, they almost never goes back to port.

It's not really something happening often. But still, I think it's a good idea to try fixing it.

I know though, it probably not gonna happen, I can really see the invulnerability of the char beeing some technical things linked to boat/char hitbox management. It would probably too complicated for them to manage separating them. Plus the inv is also used during Vell and sea monster fight. So probably complicated to create exception without getting a lot of unexpected bugs coming up.

19. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Let me guess...Loli_Pirate got you on your way to Vell, huh? XD

Naho and GuitarSamurai like this.
  20. Naho

Not everything is bound to gains, that's the exact reason why ppl quit the game: gains gains gains. Some ppl find fun pking ppl , just for the sake of roleplaying.

Which is why I said, they should get some sort of debuff , just like a red player in general is at a disadvantage, not wearing proper crystal and risking on losing them all upon dying. Not that much to pay so that doesn't discourage any of them from doing so but at the same time they would still lose more over time. If it's to discourage ppl from using it, what the point of the pk system then.

Guild galley with atleast the highest tier gear should be able to fight a carrack, as it require 9 ppl to fight, and a fair amount of time to build, while being unable to swap server. Change the modifier on the damage from every boat so they don't get one tapped without even trying to fight.