1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerf levels

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Beirut, May 9, 2017.

1. Beirut

I mean with nerf levels the accuracy and evasion. It is just plain stupid that levels matters if you already get a boost in dmg and flows from the abilities itself.

I like to hear other peoples opinion about this.

2. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Seraph Ranger 61 NA

60 would of been a nice level cap, but then others would have complained it was too easy to achieve, some people feel disheartened grinding past a certain point when they realize there is infinite progression level wise.

3. Beirut

But they get upgraded skills and flows which is equals to more dmg. Everyone is going for 60 because everyone wants to atleast be able to HIT the opponent. If a lvl 58 plays against a 61 he wont be able to dmg theyr opponent. I am fine with being outdmged but I want to stand atleast a chance in battle. Not being able to hit your opponent is suffocating for the lower levels and for new players especially in grind spots.

I can see that the satisfaction of lvling is sometimes underwhelming but lvling to become god of stats that is kind of a boring way to play. Bdo stands for theyr combat system which is pretty good why can't we all enjoy it? Grinding should be something to let the player evaluate theyr skills and combos so that theyr combos gets better and the player gets a feel to it. Your player progresses and obtain new skills and you will try to reach the best advantage. An advantage could be outplayed but atm the advantage is equal to being god.

4. Nacario

a 58 can do dmg to a 61 so not sure what you are talking about. You can furthemore negate the difference by stacking better gear (and accuracy) if you were wise about your choices underway and/or was blessed by the RNGesus himself. Also in this game you really do need to put in the hours to get to 59 60, otherwise people will fall behind, this is just how the game works. As People hit 61 they tend to stop and now theres a breathing room where people can catch up.

War likes this.
  5. Beirut

If that only was true. People tend to stack up evasion meaning that even if you stack up accuracy you woudn't have enough to actually hit.
    If it were only the gear difference I woudnt have any issues with it but this is not the case. The hidden fixed amount of stats which you get per level change dramaticly meaning that if you have 1 lvl difference it aint an issue but with enough level difference you would not be able to hit well.
    Bdo tend to calculate things in a kind of percentage but it will never reach below the 0. So let's say you have this amount of evasion points which is converted into percentage minus this amount of accuracy points which is converted into percentage = percentage into points == rng if yes it hits if not it does not hit.
    so the more points you have the more chance you stand on hitting your target basicly if you level up you get an increase in stats. It does not mean you are NOT able to hit your target but your hits will most likely hit not that much, meaning you will will not be able to CC your target (most cc effects are on hit).

So to sum things up they get an increase in:
    • evasion
    • resistance
    • damage
    • accuracy
    • hits
    • (dp depends on your class ability)
    so not only are you not able to hit them as much or cc them they aswell are more likely to hit you and they will do more dmg.
    You will probably not be able to resist it and you will get outdmged everytime you do an exchange.
    The skill ability of the player in this case will decrease dramaticly leaving only level to win at some point.
    New players will have problems facing this battle especially if they are most likely not CC, hit or dmg them back.

I do think gear is important but it will only help in a certain level difference. When the players are to far apart in levels he will most likely hit far less then intended even though his accuracy or gear is good. The player also receives more then intended when fighting against high players, you can have good gear but if you can't do the right amount of dmg to scare your opponent you will be a sitting duck.

I get what you mean with 61 and get a breather but that means that the higher level you are the more no brainer it gets. It also means that new players will have to play a loooong time to catch up before they can enjoy the best aspect of the game the pvp content.
    Afterall they will not hit 61 in 1 day.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  6. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Seraph Ranger 61 NA

wow its like you completely missed the point of my post

7. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 62 NA

58 can indeed hurt a 61. Can confirm. Have seen 58 wizard kill 61 Tamer. ;)

But yeah, at 58 i've hit a 61 sorc and had them not resist CC before. however, i don't kill them with my combo, and then they breathe on me funny and I insta drop.

Let's not pretend like it doesn't make all the difference. Getting attacked by 56's while at 58 and not even having to really try to take them out is evidence enough for me.

But let's not misunderstand, I think if you pay your grinding dues you should get the benefits. It's why I'm still going. :P

8. Beirut

well wtver the case I just dislike not being able to hit the opponent. If they only remove the evasion on it that would be fine. It is just stupid that they make the character that strong that you can't really play against the opponent unless hes heavily undergeared compared to you. Today I had to take of all my gear just to play fair against someone whos 2 lvls below me.

I did not miss your point @Heartbeat but grinding to make yourself an untouchable god is kind of overated. I can understand that you want to be rewarded but what they give isn't much of a reward it just makes the player lazy. They should reward you on other stats then evasion to atleast makes the player able to pvp against eachother.

I can see that later a class will reach at some point lvl 80 and nobody will stand a chance against him anymore just because he is overlvled. The cap increases for the new players again and again. If they dont do anything about it then the newplayers wont be able to enjoy the pvp system at all, theyr basicly cannon fodder.

9. Boojangles

lvls dont do shht its a myth. its about gear anyone playing since launch should be able to vouch if they were active in pvp at the time

10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Well I got killed few times by a 58 maehwa without any acc besides tet kzarka and tet bhegs, the maehwa was around ~245 ap and could actually kill me at 305 ap (kutum, no evasaion). It tells me actually that lvl is not a big issue, also from what I know u gain around 0,5 acc and evasion per lvl which seems not really high.
    The reason why people cry about lvls is that most classes get less cd and powerful flows at lvl 60 which makes it stronger compared to a lvl 58 for example... but there is barely a difference between 60 and 61 for most classes. Wouldn't say lvl is a big matter tbh.

11. 6footgeeks

has anyone actually tried quantifying how much levels give if anything at all?

Like, actual data rather than, i fought my guildy he tanky and one shot me

12. Beirut

I'l try to make a video of it. I will show you that I am not bluffing :cool:

13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

If you play EU I am gonna hit u with my lvl 57 witch on that video :D

14. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

`my 56 lvl tamer does the same damage as my 61 lvl tamer with same skill ranks (pre awakening basically)

what are you talking about? you have no proof that levels give accuracy or evasion

at 60.99.99% i went to arena and did 1000 hits on a guildmate to determine my hitrate
    i killed a few mobs , got 61.00% went back to arena did 1000 hits and my hit rate was actually lower (by a super small percent so we just assumed it's absolutely the same)

You have absolutely no proof that levels give accuracy/evasion yet you're saying this and potentially spreading lies and misinformation with such tenacity and confidence. Why?

Decoi and Boojangles like this.
  15. nclacs99

I'm a little torn on this topic. On the one hand, I think people who worked to achieve level 61+ should be rewarded for their effort. We are talking about 180-200 hours or so of grinding from 60-61, thats a lot time. On the other hand, they shouldn't be completely overpowered.

I have a 61 Wiz in my guild that is basically a god in Nodewars - probably considered overpowered by most (Yeah some of it is bc of the class, but level definitely plays a significant role).

I think we should still get evasion and accuracy increases from leveling, but maybe not as drastic as they are now.

16. DarkHoliday

No, infinite leveling make the game unique. go play casual mmo's that lock people down so noobs can feel good

levels should always matter a lot in a grinding game
    get real op learn 2 grind

high level people should be badasses to give people a reason to play and grind

In my opinion the buffs per level are not high enough and should be higher

Sizer likes this.
  17. Boojangles

You just said a lvl 61 wizard in a node war is op there fore lvls play a big roll regarding evasion and accuracy because wiz op? do you have any idea how flawed that argument is?

Let me point out a few things. Wizards are one of the best classes for node wars. Wizards get huge damage spikes when they lvl which is part of what makes them so strong. Wizards are extremely accurate by nature.

yes lvls matter, but its because of skill scaling. what ever passive amount we get is miniscule. Go actually test 2 wizards with the same exact gear getting hit by the same attack from the same opponent then tell me what you see.

18. Alrikmerc

There's a lot of anecdotal evidence being given here, it doesn't help.

Gear match your opponent. Not GS, use the exact same gear, use same class, get one at 58, the other character at 60, and test hit rate between the two. You will absolutely hate the results.

19. Beirut

Not entirely true.
    I took the fixed amount state change patch in the past as granted that the player gets evasion per level, just like accuracy etc. this aint the case.
    I tested with a clanny whos 2 lvls higher.
    I asked him to take of his gear so he has 0 dp and 0 ap.
    I took all my gear off and only bought the ain staff to see if it actually misses.
    To my suprise not one hit was missed.
    This concludes that evasion does not plays a heavy role in lvling.
    I asked him to gear up with his full tri boss gear and I took everything on aswell.
    My accuracy was pri bhegs, pri kutum, tri liverto.
    I missed 55% of the hits.
    I took pri nouver then I missed 60% of my hits.
    The test were tested with the single hit of magic arrow unawakened with a witch. The skill has 2% accuracy so it wouldnt affect much.
    The player used his inventory and everytime its dmged the inventory will close.

It is honestly pretty weird:confused:
    but good to know that I'm wrong, learned something new.
    There is still that feeling that I miss alot more then expected even though witches has a high accuracy I geuss I need to stack more accuracy.

20. Alrikmerc

Witch has accuracy bonuses based on a %, you still need some good base accuracy to cut through evasion. Just not nearly as much as everyone else.