1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerf Musa damage is way too op

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Aquity, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

You need to stop throwing a pity party for yojrself and put some effprt into playing the class. Musa is probably on of your best matchups in a 1v1. Hell you have a grab. You think you're getting 1 shot w.o crust get caphras. You're getting 1 shot with crust, grab him. You have a problem with a class that has to have enough ap to kill you throjgh sa and even then can be beaten quite easily if your are smart. If you are in sa and a musa starts crust on you, you can 1. Grab him, 2. Tp directly behind him and throw a water ball.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

Would be nice if we could cancel awaken SAs with grabs and teleport ;)

And u make it sound like musas are idiots and wizards just have to git gud and smart. :D

3. WhySoSeeryus

Must be the reason all those high ap musas are running away from witchzards in 1v1 situations during nws.

Oh wait :D

4. Nabuch

There's no "1v1 situation" during NWs turd. There's only "Witchard burning their double teleport to get out and heal which is easiest opening for even the shittiest of Fiery Angel engages".

Unless you really mean genuine 1v1 somewhere far away from the zergs. Well, I guess we know your tier then. You are trash tier T1 NW random that doesn't know how to group up.

Though I'm 99% sure you cry about getting killed by Musas when you teleport the **** away and Musas follow you. As I said, easy engage, easy kill. In actual 1v1 you have more options as to where you can teleport to fool a Musa with mouse movement. In NWs it's really only one possibility, opposite direction of the blob. That's ****ing elementary for a Musa to follow up on.

5. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

Then they are doing something wrong. Witch and wizard can actually do fine against musa in 1v1 scenarios, considering equal gear. There is no other class that can do sa trades as good as witch and wizard and against a non grab class with nearly no fg, that will usually play out in favor of witch and wizard...only if you play very carefully tho.
    And it's pretty normal to run away from someone who probably outgears you, no matter the class :D

6. WhySoSeeryus

what SA trades when u get deleted midcast in softcap armor? only thing musa has to avoid/bait is cata if we wanna be realistic, and he has way more options to do so.

witch does have more fgs than wizard, maybe she can trade it better. i dont see myself using meteor or chilling wave on a musa dashing towards me, i might as well have said "kill me please"

im not saying witczards cant win, but musas that know their **** have advantage of choosing when, where and how.

7. WhySoSeeryus

ok, i can mouse movement fool musa once. then he baits cata. then he can basically do whatever. this is not a cry post. problem is wizards projectile spells cant hit moving targets due to bad game design or desync or whatever is the reason. even if it looks like it hit, it didnt. so most of our ranged options are gone if musa remembers he can dash when not close to wizard. in close quarters that leaves cata, earthquake and frigid fog to be careful about. cata is the only one that actually deals damage. others are practically begging for any sa/fg trade.

8. Nabuch

If he baits Cataclysm you have more than enough tools to trade before your single teleport is off CD.

9. Maginha

How should i engage a dancing musa as a witch or defend when he trucks towards me?

Had a fight vs a musa yesterday on arsha. He danced around till his buffs were up, closed gap, i tpd, threw w+f towards him, nothing happened.He closed gap again and melts through my s block and hp in a second.

Ive still to learn a lot in pvp, so this is no rant, its an honest question.

10. AZzalor

You only get deleted midcast if you are heavily outgeared. When i was playing witch i was a few ap above softcap, but softcap dp. Was fighting a musa friend with 261ap and he would lose every sa trade.
    Musa has only 2 skills to sa trade with, which are btb and crosscut. And neither of those does enough dmg at softcap ap against a softcap target to even half their hp without them being cced, while i did as a witch with my shift+f ~70% of his hp in one hit.

Don't get me wrong, musas still are better in 1v1s that witch or wizard, but those lies of musas oneshotting you through sa with softcap against softcap is just bs. They have to heavily outgear you to be able to oneshot you through sa without having a cc on you while being protected themselves.
    Crustcrusher and foulplay is a combo that is very risky to use on a non cced target and usually gets you killed.

SyrioX likes this.
  11. AZzalor

Don't use block against a musa when he's close, not gonna help you as they can easily get around. You have to use your sa skills to sa trade with him as you will win the sa trade as long as he doesn't outgear you by a lot. Use your preawa earthquake to get a sneaky cc when he goes in as it will cc him in his sa gaps. Make him run and dash, despite popular believe, musa and maehwa will actually run out of stamina quite quickly and then you have a way easier time to play against them as they have to play defensively to regenerate stamina. Be careful of using unprotected ranged skills as they can cc you with their bow. Don't chase them with a tp except you are 100% certain that you can tp on top of them and finish them off.
    As a witch or wizard you will usually win against a musa by doing better sa trades, so play defensively, stay at range, make them dash and waste stamina and sa trade when they get close.

Maginha likes this.
  12. Maginha

Sadly i didnt record yesterday, a musa blew through my s block and 307dp in a second, and i dont think he was way past softcap since it was at pila jail, but idk tbh.

Should ive tried to trade with an awa SA in such an instance?

And feel free to flame away, ik that im at best mediocre in OW pvp :)

Edit: nevermind you already answered, thx a lot AZzalor

13. AZzalor

I'm not flaming you, i'm trying to help.
    Musas can definitly burst through your s block, but they will have to be very close by doing that and you can actually just grab them at that point as a wizard. When musas go in and start hitting you, they will usually use btb and corsscut+flow which are skills that do good dmg but don't cc, so a grab or a cataclysm at that point would be the better choice.
    Don't forget that your awakening sa skills will give you extra dr while performing them, making you overall more tanky during those skills which will make it more easily to sa trade.
    From what you describe, that musa was either really bad as he didn't use arrow/dragonbite to poke you but simply ran at you, or he was certain that his gear was high enough to simply kill you with his sa skills.

Maginha likes this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

you are not paying attention. we simply drop dead due to lack of hp. :D :D :D what tools when u get dead? keep in mind we are animation locked if we continue sa chains (which cant really kill musa due to lack of dmg)

15. WhySoSeeryus

so how do u gear vs high ap if u r ap build also? i mean even few levels of caphras cant save you vs musa. its not a matter of being outgeared as much as being outtooled/damaged.

16. WhySoSeeryus

good musas wont run into your s block (u cant really grab from other animationlocked stuff), they will cc u from the side while u try to do the s block parade. not to mention their arrow can break it with high ap.

#76 WhySoSeeryus, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  17. AZzalor

that's a problem against any class tho. If you go glass cannon build, don't expect to live through someone else with high ap. You'd have to go a hybrid evasion build for that.

18. AZzalor

Exactly, that's why i said you should not use s block when they are close. I was responding to his particular situation.

19. WhySoSeeryus

hybrid evasion build to be effective requires a shitton more gearing and then you could say you "outgear the musa".

point is, musa simply has way too much damage at certain point equal gear.

20. AZzalor

at softcap, witch and wizard have way more dmg than musa. At 269ap+, musa starts to scale better, but a witch or wizard shouldn't go that high ap on a pure ap build anways.
    But even at 269ap, a musa won't be able to oneshot you without you being cced.