1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nerf mystic

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by Akif, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Lennii

It’s not only magic classes that struggle vs mystics. Mystics iframes, mobility, sa/fg on abilities, vacuum, grab and pa just to name some of the advantages over other classes makes the class overtuned and op.

2. MENT

You can say the same about any other class.
    Warrior: Grab+Control+Grab+Grab+Grab+Control "some of the advantages over other classes makes the class overtuned and op.
    Ninja: Invis, Conrol, Grab, Invis, Control Grab "some of the advantages over other classes makes the class overtuned and op.
    Archer: Hit From mile, Run, Hit From mile, Run, Hit From mile "some of the advantages over other classes makes the class overtuned and op.

And so on....................

stop crying and learn the weakness of your opponent, can't win? maybe you just bad?
    i eat Mystics for breakfast, and yeah I played it to learn her weaknesses, do so and you may learn a thing or two.

Nauk, Souda, Crimson_Scarlet and 2 others like this.
  3. Lennii

Yes every class has something that makes it strong or overtuned in certain aspects. Mystics just takes it on another level that’s why tuning down the damage a bit in pve and removing some of the protected kit they have in pvp or make them having to manage their stamina like other classes do sounds reasonable. It won’t kill the class but balancing wise it should be done if you want to have classes on equal playing field.
    Fighting a mystic in hystria where she has easy access to shards makes it exponentially harder for no reason.

4. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

If you struggle against a mystic as a non magic class, you should think again how to play. The only class that can struggle against mystic is valk, as she can just stay there and wait to get grabbed. All other classes will do perfectly fine against mystic, if you know what you're doing and you're at similar gear.

thdsm, Nauk, NichtohneKaffee and 2 others like this.
  5. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Stop calling for nerfs and start asking for fixes to current issues like skills not working as intended, bugs and such. Learn adapt and overcome.

This game is not about balance but there are usually methods with dealing with them unless they re 600 gs + then your pretty much screwed but so are most people in that situation.

As it is mystic is currently fairly balanced and this is coming from a magic class were my opinion tends to be very biased since i hate them.

So you want to nerf them what do you plan on taking away from them as well as whats going to be compinsated for the loss?

If you keep on taking things away from classes then by the end there is nothing left but jaded players.

SparkleMoon, Souda and AZzalor like this.
  6. runbat

runbat 1

why would you guys rather have your nemesis nerfed than your own class buffed?
    serious question. too much had been nerfed already imho

correct me if i'm wrong. not too sure about it to be frank. i'm coming along pretty good so far. can't complain

7. Zarkasm

Zarkasm Mystic NA

i dont, we dont, want you here :D mystic is actually extremely balanced right now, i can beat mystic with a sorc, so yeah, BYE

8. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Agreed. Only classes that could have major gripes with mystics in their current state should be witchards, due to lack of general mobility (they still can combo us when we get outplayed) and to some extent DKs (burst issues at lower AP?, don't quote me on that I don't play DK).

Decent sorcs do well against gauntlets at equal gear, Tamers can eat anyone for breakfast even below softcap AP if they perform their combos right, gauntlets included.

I myself have had my fair share of frustration fighting mystics, mostly because slows are the bane of my existence as a Striker which is why i went to BA and had a few hundred fights with mystics and played my mystic alt as well for a while to get a feel for the moves. Learn how the class works and the opening it has. Now I win my fair share of fights and I am fine with fighting them, win some, lose some.

9. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

it's funny, but witches and wizards, given an open battlefield like the battlearena can actually do perfectly fine against a mystic as they can kite mystics, if they use their teleports and slows. They also have more than enough dmg to kill a mystic, even with them having extra magic dr. Most witchards are simply not pvpers or at least don't like to fight in 1v1s cause of the prejudices that they suck in 1v1s and thus never learn how to actually fight in 1v1s.

thdsm likes this.
  10. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Oh I never said they lack damage, have met some very competent witches/wizards in BA that gave me a run for my money on my striker, but to outplay a gauntlet consistently as witchard requires a bit more skillful play, that many people just cant pull off/don't want to learn.

Ever since renown DR was removed witchards should have no problems comboing a softcap AP build gauntlets at equal gear

AZzalor likes this.
  11. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Damn that's some real mystic main here... I just love when people tell other people to learn their class while not even knowing own skills :-)

12. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

so, ... softcap ap wizard can one combo softcap gauntlets? i highly doubt it.

13. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Havent fought wizzies a lot lately, but witches can combo me starting at 245~ AP at my 295 DP if they play smart and don't let me stack up my defensive buffs before trying to do so. Last time i tested a single Gorr roll shaves over 50% of my hp if I get caught.

Can defo pick up a wiz friend and compare. As I stated before you need to play your cards right to make that work. It makes a lot of difference if you let me stack 15 or 45 magic DP via selfbuffs/addons

#33 v.klishev, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  14. WhySoSeeryus

ok, got it, so i just have to cc you while you are without selfbuffs you get by using skills without hitting me. check. and then maybe i will one combo you.

p.s. gorr roll is like a spacerocket compared to wizard skills.

15. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

OK, got it. So you just expect to do your usual combo without thinking and adjusting to what your opponent does and expect to kill them every time?
    See how that sounds?

There are 2 buffs I can get w/o hitting/being hit with conditions - Rabam DP buff that every class has and 9% eva buff attached to completely unprotected skill. If that is such a huge issue for you dunno what to say.

16. WhySoSeeryus

u have to excuse my salt coz any class that comes near me deletes me (sometimes without need to CC, while im in SA) without even looking at my buff bar and it doesnt even matter unless im under PA.

also, mystics are hard to cc considering our ccs are either unprotected or if protected long casting (we get grabbed and killed).

sadly, like most of this game, we rely on rng to not get grabbed and maybe capitalize on that(since you know, we cant really one combo you reliably if at all. also, our combo is heavy KD cc reliant and easy to resist).

17. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Which is why i specifically mentioned that witchards require more effort/skill to fight gauntlets with. I am well aware of the malus those 2 classes have, especially wizards when it comes to the matchup. It's not favourable by any means, but you can really help your odds in this fight.

Mystics would be tougher if only for the wide range of debuffs they can place on you w/o too much effort or straying from their usual combos.
    With strikers its easier to kite them and fish for gaps after the initial mobility burst as we dont have a lot in the way of slows and other debuffs readily available with no risk.

18. WhySoSeeryus

what exactly is risk for you when most of our protected ccs only apply on first tick(block, iframe, /danceemote) (and cast for a lifetime) and are SA so you can basically dragon slow us through it?

wizard is trashcan, 3 steps victory - avoid cata, bait teleport, win (simplified but prolly true)

19. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Did you even read my post before responding?
    I was specifically talking from a striker perspective of the matchup, but no surprise since we often get lumped with mystics while our awakening kits are nothing alike. I pointed out mystics are a worse matchup even.

I guess the salt is affecting your eyesight :D

Tvvin likes this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

sorry, its prolly coz of having both eyes blacked out by gauntlet users ;D

v.klishev likes this.