1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerfing ranger to the ground

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by DheReaper, Feb 7, 2020.

1. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Sooo blasting guts and descending current in succession are trash... Any reason you nerfed ranger so hard but you kept the cancerous sorc perma iframes up?

Yeah, i found ways to grind at same speed with combos, but it was rly necesarly to nerf blasting guts by 60%+ and descending current to make almost not even 30% of the original dmg?

I mean, awakening is even way trash than succession, not even 50% speed of succession when talking about grinding.

alastersan and Dalenos like this.
  2. Dalenos

Ranger is the punching bag of PA awakening weapon succession it 's a joke to them. So one says Sorceress is OP nerfed Ranger some says Witch or Wizard is OP nerf Ranger so on so forth -___-

alastersan likes this.
  3. LeCordonBleu

Can you explain the reasoning behind your deliberate comparison of two irrelevant game mechanics?

"Why did you nerf Ranger's damage while still keeping Sorc's mobility/survivability kit intact?"

Does this make sense to anyone??

Anyhow, Succ Sorc got its damage nerfed pretty severely as well. Ranger still does a ton of damage and as you have admited (to which I agree) Ranger is still broken in PvE, and might I add, in Group PvP as well.

What's the point of your complaint? Perhaps something like "Why didn't you (PA) keep Ranger in its broken state so I can continue reaping its benefits" ?

In conclusion, what I got from this thread is that you're a living proof that even complaining requires a minimal level of intelligence.

#3 LeCordonBleu, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  4. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Sorc's iframes were there from the start. Basically, it's how the class is supposed to work. Biggest reason Sorc is top tier in PvP right now is not specifically due to her iframes, but more so of how the META has shifted from favoring lingering SA and grabs to insta-gib / one-combo, and the introduction of Engulfing Shadow (SA, moderate damage, small dash forward Rabam's), which was something the Sorc community has been begged for for years. Sorc thrives in this META, because of how she was originally intended to function (bait, land CC, explode, GTFO) syncs extremely well with how PvP is played out nowadays.

As for Ranger, I feel bad for these nerfs, they were too much. But Ranger still does a ton of damage from range. Can't really stress that last part enough. Not as strong, but still really valuable, especially in group PvP. My Ranger friend is still consistently racking up 1k+ points in RBF. But this post is about PvE, and from what I hear, Ranger is still very efficient at grinding. But I'm just a brain-dead Sorc who wins by holding shift+a/d, right, so what do I know?

Artorias_Dusk and Xairen like this.
  5. DKHunt

How did you even arrive at the conclusion that Ranger is broken in PvE? They nerfed two skills that allowed Ranger to compare to other classes in efficiency WITHOUT fixing bugs that renders them literally useless depending on terrains and camera angles. And keep in mind succession Ranger has no protection, barely any CC and no HP recovery (all traded for the damage) so extreme chugging of potions is a real problem for high end grinds that's been amplified by decrease in damage efficiency.

Also, damage vs. invincibility are not irrelevant. Damage is not worth **** if you can't actually deal it. If you are going to claim a class' damage is broken, then it stands to reason that a game mechanic that constantly negates that "broken" damage is certainly also broken on some level and also needs adjustment. That's what "balancing" actually means.

6. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

because sorc "survival kit" is one of the major balacing problems in the game right now. and they have to put their resources into something thats necessary.

7. LeCordonBleu

Have you even played the ranger after the nerfs? It still gets more trash loot than most classes and is still very easy on the hand. Fixing bugs that render them literally useless? LOL. You're blowing that out of proportion to push your nonsensical agenda. Ranger is very capable of dealing damage without taking much damage. That statement alone tells me you don't even play Ranger or are just bad on it. I used to grind Star's End on my ranger while rarely getting hit.

In this context, damage vs iframe is irrelevant indeed. OP is complaining about Ranger's damage nerfs when Sorc got the same treatment and had many of their main damage skills toned down heavily. You complain about Sorc's iframes but are content with how classes like Ranger and Archer can stay out of reach and casually deal damage. How hypocritical. Each class has its unique core mechanics. While you're at it, why don't you whine like a little baby for all of them? Since almost all classes can easily take out a Succ Ranger in 1v1. Current imbalance of several ingame contents (large scale nodewar, siege) are due to ranged characters, not Sorc.

Lastly, I hope you're not complaining about Sorc's iframes after getting your ass kicked in 1v1, because that would be quite ridiculous. If you picked Succ Ranger, u knew full well going in that your class is close to dead last in terms of 1v1 ranking. And why even complain about Succ Sorc's inferior survivability when Awakening Sorc was and still is the complete package in that regard?

Tell me in which ways you think Sorc's iframes are affecting the game balance? They're not even the top of the crop in Pvp.

8. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

i dont think i need to explain anything. sorc is the top pvp class.

Vodky likes this.
  9. LeCordonBleu

Sorc is strong in Pvp but there are several classes that are better, which makes it an A tier. And the actual point that you should be focusing on is that Sorc isn't leagues ahead of other classes, whether we're going by my metric of yours. There are many classes that excel in 1v1 or group pvp more so than the Sorc. So, once again, what balance is Sorc breaking?

10. Éternel

Éternel Ranger NA

I see a whole lot of b.s. with no proof. It's pretty obvious that you haven't played ranger succession, or you would know the bugs that were mentioned. Tell us why ranger was the only class to recieve nerfs to succession relating to PvE, oh master ranger; herpaderp sorc got nerfs too.... Only ones related PvP genius.

#10 Éternel, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    alastersan likes this.
  11. Éternel

Éternel Ranger NA

The only reason why ranger got nerfed so hard is because half of KR re-rolled to ranger, and they (KR player-base) couldn't think outside the box and use tactics to counter the rangers in siege/nw. So they cried nerf, and PA gave in.... It is no wonder why people question if EUNA feedback is even taken into account when they (PA) are considering class balance. I mean look at the state of PvP balance, it's laughable at best.

jsvalladares likes this.
  12. LeCordonBleu

You do realize Ranger nerf is mostly PvE, right? NA/EU was the one who said Succ War was bad when it first came out. I agree with Ranger nerfs, even though I was reaping the benefits on my Ranger alt. It was just broken beyond comprehension. Even in siege guilds (Snake at least) a ton of people played Ranger for PvE, so once again, I'm disproving your claim of whatever BS you said about the Korean server. It's was the same on all servers.

You're a Ranger main who's frustrated their class is only slightly above balance and not overpowered like it once was.

#12 LeCordonBleu, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2020
  13. Éternel

Éternel Ranger NA

So much evidence. You talk b.s. but have no evidence to support your claims, it's only proving my point that you have no idea what you are talking about.

#13 Éternel, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2020
  14. LeCordonBleu

Go test these on your Ranger, they are simple to do. Or are you afraid of finding out the truth? Anyways, I'm done wasting time on you.

15. Éternel

Éternel Ranger NA

I'm not the one that is making false claims in a public forum, so keep talking out of your rear.

"I'm done wasting time on you" More like you don't have proof so now you're just running away to bury your head in the sand when called out on it.

16. Xentrumina

Hi,
    i play many chars and i loved the ranger with succession . After update its far the lowest char i have in pve. I think the main problem is not the dmg, its more that you hit only the half of mobs in a pull. before the update the problem was already there but was not a problem because you fired 5 times instead of 3. The z axis problems are still extreme as always.
    All of thisl make the class dead in pve for me. I hope in some years they will fix it .

17. DKHunt

Seriously, if you don't know how much the bugs affect Ranger grind, you don't play Ranger.

Lmao "while rarely getting hit". I don't think Ranger is the only thing you don't play. But I admit it sounds like I'm terrible at Ranger, so I'll just wait for your masterful Ranger Star's End grinding video where you manage to pull let's say, 5k trash per hour since that's what most top classes pull. I'd hurry before that hole in your ass widens even more to spew more garbage that you can't flush down.

What idiot do you play against who just stands there getting shot at? People have super armor and long range CC skills that succession Rangers can't protect themselves against. Unless you are overgeared against undergeared opponent, Ranger kiting doesn't do **** and only serves to deplete stamina, combined with the fact that most Ranger skills are stationary and have terrible recoil.
    Also, I never complained about Sorc's iframe. You say Ranger's damage nerf is justified, so I'm asking you why Sorc's iframes which constantly negates "broken" damage has not been nerfed. Ranger's ranged damage is to her, what Sorc's iframe is to hers. Her core mechanic is specifically her ability to deal big damage from afar. Hence her lack of CC, her lack of protection, and her lack of mobility. That's literally all there is to a succession Ranger. I hope you realize you are throwing yourself a boomerang so big it's actually comical.

So let me get this straight, Rangers are supposed to live with the fact that they are chow food for anyone who knows how to PvP and shouldn't complain when their only identity gets nerfed, but anyone complaining about Sorc's iframes is a crybaby?
    The overwhelming amount of imbecility on display from a single post is almost awe-inspiring.

18. Vodky

19. Xairen

LMAOOOOAOOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOOOOO

20. LiquidEmotion

Sorc is meta because she has high damage(even ranged dmg) on top of iframes. Sorc/ninja/kuno used to be terrible until they reworked the pvp system and removed a lot of protections from our kits. Sorc thrives for no other reason than having immediate protection and high damage. Ranger succ, on the other hand, was high damage but poor protection. They severely nerfed that damage but did nothing about our protections and our PvE was hit too while other classes have no problem making tons of trash, have healing abilities, don't need nearly as much skill points, more protections, high damage, etc. etc.

The point is that if you played ranger long enough you would see how hypocritical PA is when it comes to balance. Ranger succ def needed some adjustments but what they did was the wrong direction and it was unfair. They didn't even at least buff ranger awakening like they did with warrior who btw is in a great spot atm. Archer still does terrific and is much more protected than ranger at range. There is no consistency with PA's decisions. These nerfs always feel half @ssed and unfinished.

First off no. The nerf was not just PvE, it was PvP as well. Why are you bringing up a guild like snake doing good with a class?!?!?! Snake members can literally play any class and make it look good. That's what having amazing gear is like. You have to look at the little guys. This is exactly why it got nerfed. KR has stupidly geared people so you can imagine what rangers could do there. These nerfs are because KR's cried about her when they can't PvP that well compared to NA. Go to a KR server or watch their 1v1's. They are not that good and mostly rely on their gear to ook so these rash "nerfs" that PA does start to make a lot more sense when you understand what goes on in KR.

More proof that KR is in a completely different league in terms of gear than us and how these changes do not translate well to other regions. You literally posted this yourself. Their decisions cater to the top whales. How in the living F*ck are they supposed to make balances globally when KR is playing a version of BDO way ahead of ours? Their "light" bracket is 590-630 gear score.....
    https://community.blackdesertonline...w-me-the-control-1v1-tournament-korea.519322/

#20 LiquidEmotion, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020