1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerfing sea monsters now is not the solution

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by jose0320, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Trembles

It's gonna take months for money to stabilize AFTER they remove seahunting. For now there's hundreds of people buying boss gear and for that they're gonna need thousands of memory fragments and conc stones, they're gonna buy thousands of accessories, they're gonna place huge preorders and keep them up until the LAST person with seamobs billions is done with his gear. If you missed out you're a second class citizen, you wait in line after the rich are done.

The simple fact that there's a spike in people with a ridiculous amount of money made bidding a nightmare, not only you're competing with 10 times more people than usual, they can keep it up 24/7 with the cash they have, unlike you (if you don't do seamobs). With time the game will fix itself, but the question is, will the game survive so long?

RageAgainst likes this.
  2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

Shakatu boxes with that smexy rigged rng to give **** results and purely eat the silver >.> <.<

Still nerf the seamonster hunting. And add in some enticing items into the auction house for people to drop billions into.

3. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Well yeah, thats true. As long as they are motivated that will always stand true.

4. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Neither of those activities rewards anywhere near as much as sea monster hunting, how does that fix anything? Where's the incentive in doing those activities if it's not nearly as rewarding?

5. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

Sea monster exploitation is sapping all the accessories from the market, making progression available to very few people, this hurts the game you fool. No money making mechanism should be this easy and broken

RageAgainst likes this.
  6. Tropicz

If you need an accessory, go get it yourself. You dont want pure silver to be a thing but you want others to post accessories for you that you buy with pure silver? Huh? What?

7. Trembles

Just like, go get an ogre ring. ez farm, 10 rings/h.

Come on now, you can't be that foolish. You're well aware that there's always been an accessory drought on the market that relied on events or attendance rewards to see some activity. Now that there's 100s of people bidding constantly on them or preordering for crazy prices made getting an accessory even harder. I really hope you were being sarcastic or you're as out of touch as the devs.

Fearless V and RageAgainst like this.
  8. Tropicz

Why would I be sarcastic when I'm describing the way the game is intended to be played? If you want something, you go get it, rather than relying on others to get it for you.

But yeah, the accessory market relies heavily on accessory events and we haven't had one for a while. We also had a month of people only fishing.

9. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

Except that's exactly what all the ones making bank on seahunting are expecting. Players like myself who would rather do other things like grind or do other lifeskills, they expect me to put my accessory drops/shards on mp for them to pre order for ludicrous amounts. Well I refuse to sell a thing for a start. And for another why should I be unable to buy more accessories from mp with money I made grinding at high lvl spots that took far more time investment to make viable? People trying to blame this on okto are also fools, the koi event did not impact us for that long and a majority of people I know who made a measly 1bill or so from that event spent it long ago. Everything you do except hunting has now lost it's value. There is no incentive at all to grind for things yourself when you can go make hundreds of mills per hr and put absurd pre orders up. Because regardless if a player like myself refuses to supply such people.. others will.

When they nerf sea monster hunting I will sell the spare items I get. Until then no, not a chance in hell. Marketplace was struggling enough as it was with certain players getting fat siege payouts. We don't need half the server getting payouts that put siege money to shame and devalue everything else we do. How dumb do you have to be to support that?

Buffing other methods of income would be far more effort than simply nerfing the gains of the hunting and implementing some short term silver sinks meant to sucker those whales into dropping their silver into a black hole. Heck if I could I would empty the guild funds of those guilds whose members exploited the musket bug and half the funds of those guilds who partook in the seamonster hunting at all for an extended amount of time. Give the 2nd type of guild some small compensation for the loss, accept the inevitable rage of people exploiting this abusive mechanic of ramming and call it a day. Let the market settle back down. Fix the reliance on events for accessories as well after all the kerfuffle is over. Make people want to grind the spots for the item instead of looking for any and all ways to cheese as much silver out of cheap mechanics as possible.

Wuss, Assilma and Despins like this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

that would be a reward for them. they need to fix sea mosnter rewards and mechanics. loots has to be something that must go to MP in order for them to make money.

11. Olympia

Been playing BDO sinds day one , and im not even in the guild or hunting sea monsters...
    [​IMG]
    kids are crying because they cant make any silver...lol!

12. ambyentlight

Sadly its much too late to even concider nerfing seamonsters because the markets 100% fubat but I could imagine them nerfing it oneday like they do with most things like tradeing lifeskill where all the older players who exsploited stuff like seamonsters gets off with over 200 bill in storage and the newer players never catch up but the good part for the seamonster hackers is soon with the free market they will be able to sell their ill gained silvers for irl cash.

13. Srich

Nice try dude but this screen come from a valencia bank exploit which is fixed and the players banned long ago... but yeah nice try

RageAgainst and zhagsten like this.
  14. Srich

Not even 1
    Top siege guild are made of pvp players only.. with the 50% drop rate of valencia + arsha u have 0 clue about how much they can make on histria in 1 hour and i bet you dont even have the gear to try histria xD pleb

Assilma likes this.
  15. ambyentlight

Most funny part is they were only 3 day banned.

16. Srich

indeed someone wished it was 3 day ban but no it was permanent. Nice try again

17. Maginha

But that is what this game is about, farm/grind yoir things. And ogre farming is so ez, make 2x10 ogre rounds all 15 min during your normal grind, sry but that is working as intended imo.

If you farm ogres with the same timeinvestment as the SMHs do into their hunting, youll farm and enchant your tri+ ogre faster than the 500 SMHs can PO them on mp, remember more ppl have silver, more fights for PO and you will not get one for a long time.

E.g. all are on the sea, you can have ogres for yourself, which is true atm, you can even farm them on arsha rite now sincoe low traffic

And to all ppls too lazy to farm their own, why you think youre better for the mp than an SMH, looks like you do not add them also :*(

Just take advantage of the free farming spots and laugh about the folks with 300b silver which do not manage to PO or snipe an acc from mp during your own enchantings :)

18. Gamefreak

its funny how people are just realizing sea hunting is good

19. shidoxen

LFG that pays 4b+/week

Im a frigate owner and have done sea monsters for a long time and have never seen that much, not even half of that. Plz help me become rich.

20. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

[​IMG]

mh_ likes this.