1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerfing sea monsters now is not the solution

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by jose0320, Aug 15, 2018.

1. TeRRoRibleOne

Hi, I am in a siege guild that owns Valencia. I obviously know more about this subject than you. Siege guilds are doing sea monsters..... My god, sometimes I wish I could backhand people in the face from this forum.

RageAgainst likes this.
  2. Nibblesdragon

I've been saying forever, don't actually nerf SM hunting. Just reward hunters with goods, not just silver. Some silver, some goods. Namely, enhancing materials and tokens that can be exchanged for accessories. Game fixed.

iller and Maginha like this.
  3. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

I would guess hunting in the "standard" way will not get to those silver levels. Using controller/cam. lock to ram pretty much w/o delay, combine that with the tagged char bug/exploit (i say that because it is not supposed to work in the ocean to begin with) and hig/max weight on those chars will probably get to those amounts after several weeks of hunting.

4. Prochilles

Aye, someone finally understands it. Although, they should've still hard-nerf sea monsters the second they could have and then buffed other grinds and then buff sea monsters to be just better than other grinds, as it supports group content.

But, what you've (others and myself) have suggested presents a new problem and that is the current price cap of the market. Prices on the market were made to be relevant to 10-15m an hour grinds. We currently have anywhere from 30-70m grinds and still the exact same market prices. Meaning that devs will have to increase the price ceiling of the market items.

So, recap:

:Most people and even streamers are telling everyone to sell everything as prices are high and the purchasing power of silver will later become more powerful when prices fall. But, they do not account for the changes that the game will likely face in the near future. In other words...
    :Increasing silver income for all grinding method means that the current liquid silver we currently have becomes devalued, so the more liquid silver we have the less it will be worth in the long run.
    :And if the increase the price ceiling of market items, which seems plausible, this will also further devalue the liquid silver we currently own.
    :Both the increase of silver grinding and the rise of market price ceilings also means that the current assets we own will potentially become a lot more valuable, which means for some people, like me, there is currently nothing to do in game, other than be forced to do sea monsters, as I want to save my products for a potential increase in market prices.

This is only a small part of the game. We were already looking at a major change in the market due to manos processing/gathering without the addition of sea monsters (which profit you were spot on about - except you didn't add the members of top guilds who were speed hacking and likely had alt accounts in the guild to send the t10 profits to, allowing them to keep all the silver on alt at the cost of a banned account).

Game is likely going to remain hectic for the rest of the year, and likely further as it is clear the priorities of the devs is not on fixing the game and its 3 year old issue, but rather making it appear more appealing to those who don't play it, as to drive up the hype for new console release etc.

The one good thing about sea monsters is that it means I no longer rely on the market for my income, so no need to buy the 30 VP for irl cash, thanks devs.

5. Life Aries

Can you please provide full size of this?

RageAgainst likes this.
  6. elgen

you should not be able to tag while in the deep sea that require a compass or the deep desert that requires the same. You are however able to move just outside of ross sea or to ruu sea and swap.

7. TerrorMoose

You're welcome. I rofled at this :D nrz1pgsqOY_GDXyrKTB6lLm119UXuV-EwlrHakgyRVA.png

Krakh, RageAgainst, iller and 3 others like this.
  8. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

That is the thing. You are not able to use the Tag function itself, but people figured out that your tagged char will appear at the same place if you change to it via the character selection, regardless of the location. And that is how a lot of sea monster hunters double loot (use the inventories of both tagged chars in the ocean) in addition to other dodgy tactics. The above being something that is obviously not intended, but used nonetheless.

9. elgen

It should be fix but it has little impact over all. One of my sea monster rotations has a candi 5 feet from the ruu border. I can do a full circle rotation back to that one then swap out and channel swap to start over. But over all it's just better for a guild to stash a galley near the border for their sailors to use as storage then to expect them to have two boats.

10. FunkD

Not even going to read the thread other than to comment after browsing the original post; OP is essentially suggesting that we "print more money."

Yeah, that doesn't work, bro.

Cheers

11. iller

...OR...
    They could have just released all the Driegan & Manos content to us LAST MONTH and there would have already been so many Staple Commodities being listed to the Market right now that no one would have even cared how much "silver" was being generated out in an area that the other 95% of players never even go to.

People who are b****ing and complaining about this now are the ones who are ultimately to blame for NOT using their numbers and boycotting threats back when the whole game was still in a salvageable state months ago. No instead it was always the same 5 people in patch notes asking where the REAL content is, asking where the REAL supply side economics improvements were. No one else stood with them on this. And now you all get to bask in the dwindling light of your own inaction

12. Delolith

Delolith Kakita Ninja 62 EU

So let me get this straight. You want the rest (95% of the population as you claim) to continue with what they are doing in Drieghan and resupply the market while they make far subpar money compared to SMH with any other activity so that you can actually spend your glorious SMH money on them?

Ok gotcha….

13. Srich

which guild are u talking about? NA? na guilds are a meme. If you are from Enemy then its a shame that even them are doing sea monsters.. but 99% of enemy geared players did their gear with payout+grind/life skill ( just a few life skiller ) so they dont really give a **** about sea monsters .
    I really wish you could backhand me in face so you would understand thats not easy like playing bdo stupid kiddo.

14. RP Tzuyu

nerf sea hunting, buff sea monster, reduce ram dmg, increase cannon dmg, 4 weeks of double pve droprate in multiple regions, sea hunting not included....

we can't just fix this in just 1 or 2 patches, that's why we drop 2 big nerfs on sailing first, then drop another nerf on sea monster and buff pve for a limited time... people will struggle killing sea monster, and with double pve droprate, they will start grinding again in some grindspot, but even so, the profits from sea hunting before the nerf is still there, and we need to use some sort of force to make them spend the money, that is through enhancing, or PO in mp, but then again,

those with money from sea hunting can always win big items in mp, that's when we need cap PO in MP and the first come first server system in along with it... everyone, most rich people will probably PO at max but its not 100% guarantee...

enhancing event, should be increase droprate on hard/sharp/blackstone and mems, those with money of course will not struggle buying them off mp but the profit made from selling them is too low, so increase profit from selling items from x2 to x4, the event will also reduce cronestone price down 60-70%, but also reduce success chance on TET or PEN for a period of time, so they don't just hit softcap hardcap too quickly...

we add daily challenge rewards on hitting certain GS/RS, that should give awaken horse materials, and double/triple t8/dream horses.... people will then use their silvers to enhance to gain those rewards, and since its daily challenges, they will be doing pri to tet everyday.... increase droprate on awaken horse mats and then triple its price in mp…..

then why would they ever waste their sea hunting money within this period of time anyway???

a BDO rework, make them quit the game so their sea money won't be used on anything, guild payout will be separate into 2, one is nw/siege payout+guildquest, another is sea hunting with higher tax, reduce boat duration and give boats an 1 day expiration, RENTING boats, make sea monster profitable but the investment for everday sailing will be expensive for 12 months... then eventually make it permanent with double price on renting....

#54 RP Tzuyu, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  15. Nibblesdragon

Don't limit preorders. Let the rich burn their entire savings on one thing. Poof, inflation from that person is almost completely gone.

Yes buff cannons, but don't punish SM hunters. Just change their rewards from currency to goods. Make it like hunting/gathering.

Buff cron stones so they guarantee against accessory degrade.

Add shakatu boxes.

Game fukken fixed.

16. The_Lord

how can you be so ignorant lmfao ?? literally EVERY one of the top guilds and top geared players are doing sea monster hunting wtf are you talking about LOL

RageAgainst likes this.
  17. Srich

No way just a few do SMH in the top guilds and no one is forced to do it and in any case the most players who are already 275 or at least 267 AP made their gear with hardcore grind and not with SMH and i personaly know no one who have my same gear that have became rich with SMH but still SMH well exploited is a no bad income of silver IF YOUR WHOLE GUILD DO THE SAME.
    You should be happy that SMH is giving, to plebs like you, the oppurtunity to catch up with hardcore grinders but this will not last longer there will be even better ways to make money soon enough.

18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

that would mostly help exploiters tho, the imbalance of the ammount made would still exist

19. Nibblesdragon

There will always be an imbalance. All I care about is controlling inflation.

RageAgainst likes this.
  20. Nibblesdragon

Why do you white knight so hard? The only thing SMH allows lowbies/newbies to catch up on is the amount of silver they have. If there's nothing for them to buy (like now) then it doesn't mean jack diddly squat.

RageAgainst likes this.