1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerfing sea monsters now is not the solution

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by jose0320, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Srich

no white knight kid. Im one of the first who said SMH is a catch up mechanic for plebs but if they dont nerf it somehow even top pvp guilds will do it in schedule basis even in EU.. in meme NA they already started

2. Wuss

all you see now are people spamming to sell silver... its Fing broken hystria speed hackers cant even come close to how broken it is.. and if they ram with speed hack GG they sittin on the rits. they ****ing own it.

notcleptic likes this.
  3. ambyentlight

Only way they can possibly fix the game is by either reduceing seamonster loot price by 50% or simply capping max payout ammounts to like 1 bil a week and makeing everything fresh start as without fresh start servers the seamonster hunters of the past will still be ungodly rich and will own the market for years to come.

Course many people will quit if fresh start was forced onto all.

RageAgainst likes this.
  4. ManlyBeard

Sure, guy made 100++b, introduce shakatu box, doesn’t buy single one, still preorders on mp, gg inflation?

The only ppl that would buy them are the poor ones hoping for that lucky tet. Others with hoarded billions will just preorder.

RageAgainst and WastedJoker like this.
  5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

they fcked up on response to trina matchlocks, and i have a feeling they will fck up with this too. i guess best thing in this game is to play stupid and claim you were just playing the game. with a gamepad, camera locks, anicancels, insane damage from wrong things etc.

that is why people are leaving the game - coz exploiters arent punished and are left rich after devs fix the issue (if they fix it at all)

6. The_Lord

what are you even trying to say lol ?? there is no reason to even argue with someone like you , you are delusionnal and try to defend SMH so hard, i don't even do SMH, but if you can't understand why it's a terrible thing for the game and economy.

#66 The_Lord, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2018
    RageAgainst likes this.
  7. Srich

You clearly cant understand what i type and i do share same feeling about you. I Never said SMH should not be nerfed indeed i hope they nerf to ground the ramming skill ( which 30% nerf is not enough they should remove any kind of dmg from that skill ) about the economy its always been **** in bdo since forever.

#67 Srich, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2018
  8. cald123

Well time to jump in the fray . The economy is in the toilet well close maybe . If you are focusing on pre orders as the litmus test it is not the right test . Focus on one solid fact outside sea hunting for a minute . With the introduction of enhanced gear drops and accessories this should have crashed the market place . So what two weeks later they nerf the hell out of accessory drops . Now enters sea monster hunting with gradual build up in popularity .

At least bring drop rate up on accessories . Three months ago coral rings were selling for 250k to 500k and are now selling 2mil to 3mil . some of this is do to lack of people grinding but it also has to do with decreased drop rate . I have node level 10 with 12% drop rate and have not gotten red coral earring drop since early July . Before the nerfing I had no node level and 7% drop rate and was getting 2 red coral earrings per 15k bandanas at a time . Since nerf hardly any , I think for and that was with drop scrolls . If they really wanted catch up mechanics in game they would have let the market place crash . It really is about keeping the gap whether through economic means are gear score ( renown) .. It is not just sea monster hunting it is about keeping that upper level upper .

9. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

just put a cap of like 500m per week payouts and add a 7 day cool down to guild change timers
    the cd change would to be to stop ppl from hoping to another guild and gettiing multiple payouts per week

Darthkiweh and RageAgainst like this.
  10. The_Lord

yes the economy has always been bad but that's not an excuse, i could deal with it before now it's just a joke ,it's like 10x worst the market completely empty , people have waayy too much silver that they can't spend it on anything and the pre orders on literally everything are wayy too high.

11. shidoxen

Was a 30% nerf ontop of a 66% nerf.

77% nerf to ram damage. :9

Srich likes this.
  12. yukishiro1

Apparently it was the solution. lolrofl!

13. cl2aze

It is the solution, people who enjoyed it should be considered lucky, as for those that did not get the chance, it's meh. Honestly, sea monster broke the market system. People cannot deny that fact!

14. Nibblesdragon

They can deny, and boy do they.

RageAgainst likes this.