1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New class changes: Speculation?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Netreiam, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Netreiam

So from this source:
    upload_2020-3-15_15-5-25.png

So from what I understand the new changes are going to split into 2 parts, or at least have 2 separate goals.

1. To buff less used skills and maybe even nerf skills that are deemed "too strong" (Since that would also make less used skills more viable)

2. To make classes more "unique"

#1 seems pretty straight forward, and its honestly one of the reasons I was so disappointed by succession. There are WAY too many "useless" skills, either because they are outdated, have bad design, or there are simply much better options.

Things that I really hope to see from this are:
    -Buffs to Valkyrie's pre-awakening attacks:
    Counter, Judgement of Light, Shining Dash, Divine Punishment, basically skill in the shield tree besides shield throw.... Pretty much everything either is too slow, too small, has no protection, or all 3 the kit has been needing an update since awakening came out.

-Buffs to Ranger's flows:
    It might just be me but I think most of Ranger's skills (ignore kicks, I'll talk about those later) are, for the purpose they set out to achieve, alright. Not good, but OK at least. No, I think the biggest issues for ranger are her flows. The fact that they are super immobile and most have barely any use is what really cripples rangers imo. Dagger of protection could also use an overhaul though.

-Buff Zerker
    I don't really talk much about zerker because I don't know much about the class. But I've always loved the guys. As a fellow original "tank class" I always felt pretty amicably toward them. Even if grab chaining was super cancer (plus LSA was cancer too so we were cancer buddies xD) Anyway personal reasons aside I've always heard that zerks have it particularly bad and considering how rare they are I hope they get the love they deserve, what ever it needs to be.

#2 Is what has me most excited though. I think everyone who has been around for a while has seen the threads about how "All classes are the same" and while that is an extreme oversimplification. I think most of us understand where the criticism lies. One of the things I advocate for very often are buffs that go beyond the current paradigm of the game. An AoE defense buff for allies when a valk shields near them, A sniping mode for ranger that zooms in from a range no class can match, Assassination debuffs for ninja that allows them to single out targets, expanding the Command Mark for DK to allow for setting up outplay potential. There are so many ideas to make classes unique and I would really like for that to be what PA does. That and remove/overhaul those stupid kick skills. Whatever it turns out to be I hope it will at least make the classes more interesting to play.

Attached Files:

RealistPhysics and jsvalladares like this.
  2. warriors

Do you have a link for the "forum that was opened in february" ?

3. Claydough

Blah blah blah

same ****, different day

they’ll start this, get bored halfway in and just stop, then we’ll be back to square one of massively unbalanced classes but just different classes

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

time for them reroll coupon sales, doesnt matter which class for them, tbh :D

i personally hope for them to balance PvE at least for start so that all classes(and their specs (awa/succ)!) are within 5-10% trash loot efficiency at endgame spots.

Grehm likes this.
  5. Dalenos

BDO needs a new waifu preferably with dark knights body >.>

TucoRamires likes this.
  6. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Those forums were closed on Feb 26 already. Can't even read them.

warriors likes this.
  7. Netreiam

I mean they generally do what they say they plan to do but usually the execution is pretty bad.

Considering players have been asking for pre-awakening buffs so that they could actually use some of the skills in their kit and PA has been dancing around that reality with rabam, absolutes, and now succession. I think chances are pretty good (especially with the wording given) that they realize they need to actually modernize the preawakening for old classes and make the newer ones more unique.

And I think them dropping off near the end wouldn't be as big of an issue since most of the work is going to be on fixing the extremely bad preawakening of the oldest classes first

8. WhySoSeeryus

problem is, they did modernize the preawaken kit, at least for staffies, but they made a whole new spec out of it, leaving old preawaken kit clunky and totally obsolete.

they also monetized the swaps, ofc.

9. Netreiam

Otherwise known as they didn't modernize the kit. They simply added a new skill tree that reused some of the skills, the kit itself is still garbage that goes unused, and the fact that they are specifically going to target "less frequently used skills" hopefully means that they finally will address that. The one thing that bothers me though is that I feel like PA really shot themselves in the foot by releasing succession the way they did (as a replacement rather than expansion) because I think it limits what they can do on the base kit before there is no point in going succession.

But enough of that, what would you like to see with these changes? What "less frequently used skills" do you think will be buffed (or at least should be) and what changes would you want to see?

Also, what's you're take on the whole making classes more "unique and fun" quote? Any speculation on what that means for witchards?

10. WhySoSeeryus

id love to see the option of casting preawa nukes via hotkey at least like u can in succession. (fb explosion, L storm, residual)
    id love to see earthquake actually do damage and not be glorified "every third hit stiffen+addon enabler" spell.
    id love to see mana drain actually do what the description says.
    id love to see some improvement on earth response.
    id absolutely love if they gave split teleport option to all mage specs.
    and id love to see some more speed to it all as well (maybe 100% uptime of speedspell to caster at least?). succ seems way more nimble and fun. old preawaken kit feels like u are constantly in struggle to cast something.
    id also love to see some pve capability for awaken kits. its atrocious now.
    id very much like to see better addons.

and....of course, pet proper scaling with ap bonus brackets would be a wet dream.