1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New class " Spectral Dancer "

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Arau, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Arau

[​IMG]
    To never see these words of white, beyond the smouldering page,
    Of the novel never written, exhumes a nameless rage.
    The sanctum of the shadows, unseen by the light,
    Holds the promise of tomorrow; A sun's first night.

Role: Magic Swordsman
    Main weapon/Sub-weapon: Rune Blade / Ornamental Knot
    Awakening:
    Illusion Shards​

Suggested skill examples
    Pre-Awakening:

Phantom Step - Charges forward rapidly. Super armor while using skill, Move speed +10 for 10s *CD 2s*
    Phantom Slide - Sideway evade, MP recovery+ 40 upon using skill. *CD 2s*
    Shattered Mirror - All DP+12 for 10s, while on guard. Moving will release guard. ( Forward Guard )
    Retaliation - Retaliates against the enemy for [x] magic damage. Retaliation can only be used after a successful melee or ranged defense. ( Shattered Mirror follow-up ) *CD 6s*
    Spectral Charge - Dash to a enemy, dealing magic damage and immoblizing for 2 seconds. Super Armor. *CD 15s*
    Eerie Ravage - Performs a series of attacks that deals massive damage over 3 seconds. Moving will cancel the skill. *CD 30s* * Black Spirit Skill *
    Phantasmic Smash - Smashes up to 10 enemies within 5 meters, dealing [x] magic damage. Also stuns enemies for 1.5 seconds. *CD 10s*
    Disruption - Intercepts distant enemy with otherworldly power. Damages enemy and applies moving speed debuff for 10s. *CD 5s*
    Scream of Wraith - Blasts the target with a unearthly scream, dealing [x] damage. In addition, knockdowns stunned enemies. *CD 12s*
    Unveiled Slash - Slashes up to 3 enemies in front of you for [x] weapon damage each. Down Attack
    Attack Speed+10 for 5s upon using skill. *CD 3s*
    Burst of Corruption - Strikes enemy infront for [x] damage, and reduces the target's armor by 4% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times. *CD 5s*
    Undying Sorrow - Creates a ghostly field at the player location, dealing [x] internal damage and stealing life from affected targets to heal you for 10% of the damage dealt. Strikes up to 10 targets in an 8 meter radius.
    *CD 12s* * Black Spirit Skill *
    Shadow Consumption - Burns of energy of spirits to recover HP and MP. HP recovery +40, MP recovery+80 upon using skill.

Post-Awakening:
    Awakening: Shards of Illusion - Switches to Shards creating Illusion copies of Rune blade around player. Forward guard applied through transition. *CD 1s*
    Ascent - Temporary imbues body with other-worldly power. Attack Speed+30% for 30s, Moving Speed+30% for 30s, Critical Hit Rate+24% for 30s, All Accuracy+14% for 30s. Super Armor while using skill.
    Reversal - Blocks enemy attack and instantly counterattacks to inflict damage. Hit damage [x], Forward Guard, Maximum 10 targets. *CD 4s*
    Phantom Step: Chain - Can use Phantom Step in awakening state.
    Phantom Slide: Chain - Can use Phantom Slide in awakening state.
    Spectral Protection - Creates spectral aura in 15 meters. Player and party members resist damage and status effects for 3s. *CD 55s*
    Blade Storm - Creates spectral blades storm 5 meters around player dealing [x] damage and causing enemies bleed effect when not on cooldown. Forward Guard. * Black Spirit Skill * *CD 11s*
    Insubstantial Neighbor - Creates indistinguishable from player doppelganger that attacks random target in vicinity and copies player current using skill. Clone cannot be controlled and has 40% of player HP and 60% of player attack power. * Black Spirit Skill * *CD 3m*

* It`s a rough example of a class, it misses autoattacks, " main " rotation skills. I decided to focus on skills above to give a better idea about the class, not to actually theocracy a whole ready up one. Also thats why skills miss actual damage numbers and stats like accuracy and etc. I would prefer all of that to actually competent balancing team instead of trying to do it myself.
    * I hope you would like my attempt at creating a male counterpart to Dark Knight.

Beeso, Ben Phoenix, Joungf and 6 others like this.
  2. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

Role: Magic Weeb

Findubar and Chaos Ronin like this.
  3. XLucaX

I like it though the color schemes not that good... I suppose this is the suggested counterpart for the Dark Knight.

4. Arau

Its indeed intended as a counterpart for Dark Knight, but he is not same class, but just inspired by her. In my vision color schemes would be more like....black,white,light bluish. Since you know...ghosts, spectral energy, illusions XD

Asians like that stuff too and that is a good thing...I guess
    *closely whispers into ear* more chances to get it released.

Ben Phoenix and Solitaire like this.
  5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

The problem is, it falls into the same role as DK. You forgot all kinds of lingering exploitative mechanics that need to be built in to compete.

Otherwise, its gonna have the same issues as the DK class...Which is piss poor performance for the effort required to enjoy it.

6. Arau

Like I said its not finished. I just gave a rough idea. But I tried to give skill examples to make it feel different.
    Well, if we say DK, we think a magic assassin of sorts, right? I had a bit different idea for Spectral Dancer kit, if you look on skill examples again, you would see more control and saves. I was thinking more about him as frontline secondary attacker. Running behind initiators and jumping with them to control, make burst and jump out if something goes wrong kinda playstyle.

My skill goal was to give him skill synergy, utility and easy to control kit. Making sure that you can play him successfully even on console.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  7. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Is that your own art work too?

8. Arau

Sadly no, art work is not mine.

9. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Booooo :D

10. Arau

Yeah, totally agree. But I didn`t have an option! Because if I tried to do it myself, my maximum would be a stick figure. Haha..

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  11. BuShiDo

I believe all of BDO's current and future classes were pre-created. There are a total of 21 classes if you believe the image below.

[​IMG]

We currently have 18 released classes with the 19th being the female Guardian. They're not making up these classes as they go so you wont be getting this "Spectral Dancer". Not unless through some immense luck one of the last two remaining unknown classes turns out to be the same or similar to your suggestion here.

12. Ben Phoenix

I really like your idea =)

Arau likes this.
  13. Arau

Thanks, i tried to achieve number of things in this class.
    1) Male counterpart to a female only class ( Since we cant have male DK due " lore " reason, decided to independent from her one, but retain the " feel " )
    2) Appealing to males and females ( more audience, plus KR like this sort of stuff )
    3) Utility in skill kit ( Will not make class useless, means more chances people gonna stick to him buying stuff )
    4) Not hard to master ( More appealing then hard to master ones, which means more chances since Pearl Abyss desire for consoles and mobile )

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  14. Joungf

Nice idea.
    But ...
    ... if you ask me ....
    ... I vote for ...
    necro_x1.jpg
    ... a Necromancer as a counterpart for DK.

No swords.

Skills: Count down of death, summon zombies, skeletons, daemons / creatures, fallen player / adventurers / NPCs and ghosts, fear, mind control / remote control, telekinesis, shape shift, soul capture, nightmare, illusion, possession, curse, pestilence / plague, portal to hell, .... etc.

Scrainer, Arau and Ben Phoenix like this.
  15. Ben Phoenix

At this point, I'm even thinking about a male DK druid... I can't give up on the druid class :P

Schwertfee and Joungf like this.
  16. Arau

Haha, nice one. But my warlock class suggestion wasnt even half popular like this DK one XD You can check it though. Haha

Druid would be more fit as tamer counterpart, but who knows?

Joungf and Ben Phoenix like this.
  17. MrocznyMuffin

That would be a great counterpart to the sorceress tho. It wouldn't copy her 1:1 and still be based purely on dark magic(maybe with light magic as awakening to spice things up, total opposite ya know?).
    Would enjoy spectral blader(the way I would want to call it tho) as the opposite of DK, I'm missing that kind of class :/

Joungf and Ben Phoenix like this.
  18. Ben Phoenix

I don't know, connection with nature is more something that belongs to the elvin race but yeah, a druid class wouldn't fit how the DK is currently seen. =)

19. Arau

Yeah, nature is more elven thing. Buut there one thing, well, i never positioned Spectral Dancer as elf XD He is human, haha.

20. Ben Phoenix

Ah ok lol XD