1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New class useless

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by KampersOwnedYou, Jun 20, 2019.

1. woots

the funniest thing is to see PA run a "support" class in a game with 0 pve tactic involved other than "kill as fast as possible in this brain dead powercreep game"
    And even in that "pvp" state where everyone one shot everyone... i dont see any point

to have a "support class" viable you need the whole game to at least have a min tactic layer aviable, Or maybe they thought that having a "support class" will magicaly change the face of the game xD
    Thoses guys definitely dont know how to manage a game... cant say if its funny or very sad.

As for the "cute kid class" well.. all asian mmo have this kind of character, not suprised they went for it

2. Meso

I think a support character could be good, it does offer a bit of a different playstyle. But you are right, the game it's self doesnt support that kind of style, either in pve or pvp. Well NW's do have some tactics, but a lot of times it boils down to who has the most numbers anyways, and who has more geared players.

To make this class really work, it needs to bring something really amazing, or other class's are going to need to be completely revamped, or bring down the powercreep by a ton. Which won't happen lol.

3. woots

Even in BnS where fight actualy have tactic, patern.. & where teamate actual matter in somes dungeons situations etc you dont have support class, you just have somes class with 1 or 2 skill that grant a brief bonus / help to teamates ( and its fine like that because pve mecanic make thoses "support skills" actualy relevant without beeing madatory )

So doing that in BDO where you have nothing at all of what BnS provide is totaly... useless. But anyway that's PA thoses guys ceased to make BDO a videogame there is a long time ago.

4. yukishiro1

It's just an excuse to sell a bunch of new cash shop items. Weight, inventory slots, transfer coupons, etc. It doesn't really matter if the class is good or not, though it probably helps to overpower it a bit to drive sales, so I wouldn't be surprised if you see a patch soon to make it overpowered if it isn't already.

The whole game is just built around getting people to buy the same cash shop items over and over and over again on multiple characters at this point.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

This.

Weight, inv slots, horse whistle, outfit, costume, reroll coupons easy 300 to 400 dollars on one player.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. Meso

Tbh with how the class is right now, i doubt anyone is going to bother buying exchange coupons for her. But, i wouldn't put it past some people. But you are correct about weight, inv slots, outfit (eh can be bought off mp pretty easily) horse whistle can live without for a while to. But the yeah max weight and inv slots def take a decent chunk of money.

7. woots

You are saddly totaly right ^^

Phoenixxx75 and ODB3698 like this.
  8. Sandpit_

If it recovers energy at the same rate as other classes then it will be just as useful as other classes. And another fail-stack slot.

9. ODB3698

They will never seriously nerf witch/wix...that's PA's M(BDO)GA base. This addition also immediately invalidates Valk's support role. The only thing Valk has left...after the series of nerf/balance patches in May...is back line support...below wiz/witch tier. If they are adding a high survival support class...that actually has protected skills and movement...

10. Meso

I agree Valk is pretty much on life support

11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

According to forum's official religion, the only purpose of new classes is to push cash shop sales. How would Pearl Abyss would push sales on an useless class :thinking:

Crimson_Scarlet and Ventesa like this.
  12. zhagsten

Of course Shai is useless, look:

[​IMG]

:D

Mirajane likes this.
  13. ODB3698

Because of all the people that think they want a pure support class in this game...

14. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

I have been playing medics and healers my whole life and let me tell you, our skill ceiling is always way higher than your retarded 30cents per tone dps classes.

15. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

i have yet to see what a Shai can do in a nw/siege. Will reserve judgement until then.

16. ghoulz666

Skipping about waving her lamp as her buddies all drop dead to people with better gear.

17. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

All I’m saying is at least let the class roll out before wanting to label it as useless. Willing to bet 2 months from now, this very thread will be flooded with kids crying for nerfs to the class.

#57 Rilok, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  18. KampersOwnedYou

How I see it is as far as we know it’s rubbish at pve and pvp so people just gona keep getting killed and no one will play that character = useless

19. TwilightAngel

It's still a action combat style...

20. Munchaking

SHe isnt usless

https://imgur.com/a/zasgWqH

She makes everyone stop and say AWWWWWW

Then I bonk them over the head with my boomerang

GnatGoSplat likes this.