1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Cooking got SUPER heavy nerfs

Discussion in 'Life Skills' started by Pohjantikka, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Pohjantikka

Today (15th April)

Cooking and Alchemy got new byproducts
    Before there was 5 items that you were able to get from Cooking
    -- Dish with More Ingredients = 2 to 1 Beer
    -- Dish with Weird Texture = 5 to 3'000 silver
    -- Take Out Food = 5 to 50 cooking exp
    -- Strongly Seasoned Dish = 3 to 1 Milk
    -- Dish with Poorly Prepared Ingredients = 5 to 50 contribution exp

Now we get only one item:

Witch's Delicacy =
    -- 10 to 500 Beer
    -- 10 to 120 Milk
    -- 10 to 900 cont exp + 30 cooking exp

Before patch I cooked 4950 set of Vinegar:

I got 900-1200 of each byproducts
    Which would be:
    -- 450-600 exchanges of Beer = 450-600 Beer
    -- 180-240 exchanges of Silver = 540k-720k silver
    -- 180-240 exchanges of Cooking exp = 9'000-12'000 cooking exp
    -- 300-400 exchanges of Milk =300-400 Milk
    -- 180-240 exchanges of Cont exp = 9'000-12'000 cont exp​
    (All that from 4950 cooking set)

Now with the new byproduct
    I am getting 30-35 pieces from 4950 Vinegar cooking set
    So I have to choose what to take with that:
    A) 1500 Beer
    B) 360 Milk
    C) 2700 cont exp + 90 cooking exp

TO get same amount of contribution exp as old system I should get 120 new byproducts from 4950 cookings

This new Cooking byproduct needs some serious rework to its exchange choices or ratings to obtain.

#1 Pohjantikka, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
  2. Songo™

Vinegar is low lvl recipe, can you cook something better artisan/master lvl recipe ??
    cant check myself until I am back from work ...

3. woots

now giving such low amount of byproduct is indeed pretty.... :/

Mana_Mafia and Songo™ like this.
  4. Pohjantikka

Point is that I have cooking byproducts value has fallen hard.
    I have Master 15 atm, but Vinegar is good because you can do big patches of it.

But that doesnt matter here, since you get much lesser amount of byproducts and then you have choose what you exchange it into.

Songo™ likes this.
  5. Songo™

We do not know yet if higher lvl recipe have better ratio of byproduct.
    sadly I expect lower amount...

6. Fesquera

I got 16 byproducts from 2000 Meat Croquette crafts. (that's at Guru 9 cooking with almost 1200 mastery)

that's 900 contribution exp for 2000 crafts of a mid-tier recipe.
    This nerf hurts my progression immensely

Mana_Mafia and Songo™ like this.
  7. Songo™

that is big nerf , and I kept 60k meat for today hoping new byproduct will be better then old ...

8. Pohjantikka

AND the biggest thing here is that you HAVE TO choose what you take with those new byproducts
    If I want to get same amount of income than before then I need to get
    -- 120x Witch Delicacy for 10800 contribution exp
    -- 30x Witch Delicacy for 360 Milk
    -- 10x Witch Delicacy for 500 Beer
    -- (350x Witch Delicacy for 10500 cooking exp)
    -- And still not getting extra silver

That would be 160 Witch Delicacy per 4950 Vinegar cooks, and I got just 30.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  9. Skeye

well you can always progress with life skill buffs and slot expansions from cash shop no need to invest CP points, thats the main reason they did that nerf everything else is just classic PA blabla.

just tried a few low and high lvl alchemy recepies, big CP exp and Lifeskill xp nerf :)

10. Yominur

This is a Nerf as hell (******** **** ****)
    I'm playing this game a few years and I have see very much stupid changes on this game and this is my first post on forum.

I have cooked 2800 batches of beer with master 8 and 550 mastery and received 12 new ***** dishes
    and the market place is broken..... every time error massage....

what a broken game.....

11. Pointis

Pointis Wizard 62 EU

Yes, can confirm this got nerfed very very hard. Sad day.

And all the other new bugs... And Central market lags as hell. Nice Patch, thanks.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  12. RandomHajile

this dude's master plan: cook 2800 batches of BEER, turn in new dishes for MORE BEER.

Foiled.

But yea one could already tell this was garbage. Inventory space, weight. Weird, I never had a problem with it. And yea... Olvia. haha. Oh well, won't affect cook boxes and I'll just go when I can get MASSIVE CONTRIBUTION POINTS. Turn in my 40 dishes I got from a week of cooking.

13. Necro Lord

How the heck are you gonna have the audacity to tell us you want to "improve" cooking and alchemy and then nerf the heck out of the best part of it. I usually don't waste time complaining on forums it always falls on deaf ears. This, however is just too much you really messed this one up. Oh and thank you for breaking half the game in the process of your terrible patch. I guess that's the end of my culinary career, and very possibly the end of my time on BDO for a while which is a shame i just got back barely a month ago from a year break. Your doing well at keeping customers happy i can see.

#13 Necro Lord, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  14. Genugdavon

i cook 3 stacks a 2k mediah meal
    that are the numbers:
    Special
    724 838 648
    Mediah
    5.222 5.441 5.239
    Witch's Delicacy
    18 48 1
    one for 2k hey boysngirls its 15 of april not the first!

15. Bennib Schneetzler

Bennib Schneetzler Schneetzler Wizard 63 EU

after 25,5k crafts with vinegar and couscous i´ve got in total only 522 byproducts ... its a ****** joke?!? no more beer, no more silver, no more milk and less cp than before patch ... seriously, if it was your goal, that the most alchemists and cooks looking for a new lifeskill or run away from bdo, congratulation, you got it.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  16. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

First lower CP requirements, then nerf the only valid method to get the huge amounts of CP for 350+/400+ in any decent amount of time by several times of wha t you lowered requirements before. Seems logical.
    And this is even such a simply calculation. It does not include PvP and how skills are used/chain, simply nothing in that regard. It is a simply math problem, multiplying procrate with the value of a proc. How can you make either the procrate so low or the value per proc so low, that it gets worse, when your intention was to make it better?

Zathrass likes this.
  17. Zathrass

As a returning player I've spent hours cooking everyday to earn silver and CP (from byproducts). First they removed our Imperial Crafting reward chests and now they've effectively removed our byproduct rewards. This has been my primary way of earning CP for a while and has in no way been to quick or easy. As others here have already stated this has been done in the name of "improving" things, when in fact it's just been a major "FU" to all of us.Very very unhappy. This is not improving the game is just one more reason for me to question if its worth the effort. Shame on you PA!!!

Xalorin likes this.
  18. Traviatta

I have been playing just a little over a year and this nerf hurts me big time. Cooking was one of the things i really enjoyed. It was a good way to get CP for us fairly new players, now we have an even bigger disadvantage over the older players. It will take us much longer just to progress. These kind of nerf's along with the changes the past few months is just pushing players away. This is not improving the game! Stop making it harder for us to advance, just give us the same opportunity like those who have been here much longer! I too and now questioning if it is worth investing time and money (pearls) in this game. At this time I will not be purchasing any pearls for outfits etc. as the direction of this game is going downhill.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  19. Xalorin

Another unnecessary change to something that worked well and was enjoyed by the player base, reminiscent of the change made to the Horse Capture mini-game late last year. Not needed, not requested, just something someone thought was a good idea in the name of weight and inventory space improvement which really isn't. This is just clearly a plain ol nerf to a nice reliable way players could steadily chip away at CP experience. This stupid change should be re-thought.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  20. Mythmaster

Well, they said so in the patch notes:
    "We tried to keep the exchange ratio given that this "obtaining all at once" would be possible, but the level at which, for instance, Contribution could be exchanged for byproducts was already set very high, so we have unfortunately decreased this ratio."

They try to dress it up as an "unfortunate" side effect but it was a deliberate decision to impose a major nerf.