1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New costume only available in lootbox

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rubyvulpa, Oct 21, 2020.

?

How do you want new outfits to be introduced in BDO?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Sold separately as outfit (not in box)

50.0%
  2. Lootbox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can be in lootbox but must also be sold separately

50.0%
  1. Rubyvulpa

Hi,

As some of you have already noticed, the new halloween outfits "Hatchet Job" and "Stolen Hearthstrings" are now only available through buying the RNG lootbox. They can't be registered on marketplace or bought separately with pearls like the previous year's halloween outfits. (This also renders the costume entirely unavailable in Belgium and the Netherlands).

Regardless whether you like/dislike this specific costume, I'd like to accumulate some feedback towards the developers in regards to future releases of costumes. Personally, I'd prefer them to always be available in their own separate box or as separate outfit pieces to allow people to just get what they want with their money.
    I've noticed that developers sometimes link the popularity of new and unique outfits they gated behind a lootbox, with the lootbox rather than with the uniqueness of the outfit.

Thank you for your feedback!

[​IMG]

Ubbles likes this.
  2. MADE

That's not true, it's the outfit swap's replacement, and that couldn't be sold either, and was only available as a lootbox.

Also don't forget, that while it's in a box, if you buy 7, it's guaranteed that you get it, if you turn in the seals.

3. valenix35

Was excited to finally learned we getting new Halloween costumes, then disappointed to find out it was behind RNG boxes.So the Community has no problems with paying 70+ Dollars for 1 costume?
    My Feedback: this is ****, these "Surprise Mechanics" need to be banned
    a shame we don't have the same loot-box laws like Belgium and Netherlands here in the states

4. Mellonamin

I would rather spend 30bucks to get 3200pearls and buy it for the usual 2100 pearls rather than "just buy 7 1100pearl boxes and get it guaranted" this kind of thinking enabled them to pull out this kind of bs in their pearlshop to begin with if ppl with your mindset keep enabling these practices soon all new event outfits will be locked behind rng boxes efectively pushing their outfits from 20-30bucks to $70 at min and excluding countries with laws against rng boxes to even getting the outfits.

5. MADE

Yeah... it's banned in Belgium, did they got any positive benefit? No, they are just locked out, and they don't give the slightest ****.

I merely stated some facts, I didn't said whether I like or it, but I also tell you a another fact
    They couldn't give less about what you like or not. This game is designed for KR. If ppl in KR buy it, it will be sold there too.

6. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Sold as a box only. And in the process they should get rid of any CS purchase linked directly or not to RNG, because gambling with real money in an uncontrolled game is basically asking to get scammed and should be forbidden.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  7. Mellonamin

Hmm idk about these "facts" you speak of but the reality is that the Black Desert we have is serviced by Kaokao not directly by Pearl Abyss so the content we get its modified according to the consumer preferences of the region its serviced on (e.g. Value pack differences or some characters censorship), the real reason why all these practices are being imported unfiltered from Kr is because the consumers enabled it otherwise they would for sure modify it according to the country's standars and the only reason they dont give a damn about Belgium or the Netherlands is because they make up a minority among the serviced countries Kaokao has license for sure they would care if the USA or the rest of the EU would come up with laws against these practices but until then its up for the consumer to vote with their wallets.
    ofc theres always ppl with no selfrespect as a consumer and they would take anything thrown at them.

MoonDance17, Elvaea and valenix35 like this.
  8. Andaro

Ambassador

@Rubyvulpa it's been my experience in KR mmorpg marketing that typically the first wave of sales is "gated" in some manner, and then separated later on....

We've seen this in BDO too where something hot and new comes out. Usually you'll have some sort of package,and those that want it first will pay more to get it nao, and then later on it splits apart....

Happened with Pietro butler when he came out, and Ethan...
    This is why I'm never gun jumpy :peepoSip:

Maybe they'll sell it straight in a few weeks?

9. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I seriously doubt that they will sell a Halloween outfit in a few weeks, in an rng box or not. Halloween will be over and people will not bother buying it. By the way I agree with the sentiments of many that it is ugly.

10. Rubyvulpa

I meant the regular halloween outfits, the Angelic/Demonic Queen, Gravekeeper, Ram Horn Witch etc.

Do you know something we don't Andaro about them intending to sell it separately in a couple weeks?
    Because otherwise I think what @MoonDance17 said is quite a bit more logical.
    (Also my experience with Korean mmorpg marketing is that they're rather keen on introducing lootboxes, see how successful the sales are and then full on jump on that strategy for nearly everything. I've noticed the cash shop is boxing in more and more things, and the sales are more and more focused on groups of items sold together rather than a singular item being on sale.)

11. MADE

You may mean that... but it wasn't first time they do it... and they specially did it on a item, which had similar purpose like this one(just a year earlier version), so i don't understand the surprise here.

Also as they not made the swap one available separately either, it's very unlikely that they will do it for this item. At least not this year.

12. Rubyvulpa

And... that's why we made this thread c:
    Since now we have a pattern, that I'd rather not see repeated next year or for our other thematic events~ that's all really

MoonDance17 likes this.
  13. Andaro

Ambassador

Nope, no insider info, sorry, was just an observation.
    Moon does have a good point tho, they didn't do it for last year's Hal cost, so....:peepoShrugs:

Rubyvulpa and MoonDance17 like this.
  14. Keophiroun

I would not wear it even if its free. LOL

MADE and MoonDance17 like this.
  15. Andaro

Ambassador

Neither would I frankly speaking.....doesn't appeal to me...

They could have done a simple headless horseman costume that makes your pumpkin head appear in your hand while riding a horse, and that would have been better.

Or expanded the Alice in Wonderland theme that we have a.furniture set for, and done a Red Queen / White Queen outfit style, which would have also played into the Kama / O'dy theme with the two queens there.....

Sometimes trying to be overly complicated turns out to be your enemy more often than just being simple.

MoonDance17 likes this.