1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new event ruins pve experience

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by ecchiporo, May 2, 2018.

1. Real Life Futa

You think I can get a gf?

Amazebals likes this.
  2. Amazebals

Depends, can you handle a gf or a bf?

3. Real Life Futa

No , they take my attention away from grinding

4. Amazebals

You can grind with one hand, wink wink!

5. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

actually, the devs had hence stated the PvE content is as it is to.encourage confrontation.

That they continuously hold events that cause confrontations ....only shows they meant what they said.

So in essence what you mean to say, is that you want to play a less populated game, or a PvE oriented game with less confrontation.....and I am sorry mate, but that just won't be found here.

Perhaps....in the future.....as the world map expands more...and the player base declines more, then you can "grind in peace"..

But until then, either Flag up, Dec, party up, share, or find another niche that no one likes to grind.

With that having been said, the event is not "ruining the pve experience" but is actually "complimenting" their vision.

6. elgen

If this was even remotely true the game would of died after release and never made it to even 2017.

I remember throwing out war deck left and right just for the right to exp and kia lake fogans at level 50. When mediah came out I felt pretty dam lucky if I got 25-30 mins of exp time out of a hour at suasans. And you could not karma bomb or hide behind a war deck protected guild back then dieing mattered. Any noob back then would be grateful for free 15+ gear or the grind spots available today.

But nooo not noobs todays it's never good enough. They feel they are entitled to the best solo exp and silver spots in the game without being contested over some one that has put in more time and effort then them.

7. Amazebals

Actually NO, it’s one thing to quote them on the existing PvE matter, it’s another to imply they meant that same thing for an event that was clearly made towards other intentions.

Stillwaters likes this.
  8. Amazebals

You used noobs, a few times. I bet you where born with a keyboard on one hand and a mouse on another, and of course you where introduced at the early age of 1 day and 36 min exactly to the awesome world of BDO, amirait?

Sorry that us the noobs, keep your epeen up and running at sausans.

(Dumbf can’t even reply properly)

Alicia Dominica and Fearless V like this.
  9. elgen

I pointed out what I a NEW PLAYER had to go through at level 50 and above. I used the term NOOBS because it was the term used by the person I quoted when they said noobs would ragequit. The fact of the matter is we had it a lot worse then new players today and we are still around.

The fact of the matter is it's a good event that can help new players gear out faster. Even if they get unlucky and can not loot it themselves the market will be flood with +15 gear lowering the cost by a lot. And if you think your entitled to more then any one else just because your new kick rocks back to WoW with your three friends.

ODB3698 likes this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

people grind wherever best silver per hour is (and/or exp and/or even sp)

kinda bad loot design is at fault here. and scaling ofc. :D

ODB3698, Fearless V and flukeSG2 like this.
  11. Coeprandua

Noob is a perfectly good way of saying new player. It's not derogatory.

ODB3698 and Fearless V like this.
  12. OceanPerson

[​IMG]

Abandon iron mine 30 minutes no one around ever. Easy gains for new players.

Other suggestions would be rutum or the place near trent that drop trash drops every 30 seconds.

Sidina and flukeSG2 like this.
  13. IRustyI

I understand your frustration.
    Not sure where you are grinding mostly.
    But during the event, all the high end gear players will probably be spending their time
    grinding at Cres, Basil, Pila ku, Hystria, Akman, where yellow acc drops aiming for DUO drop.
    People who are grinding aiming for pre-enhanced gear drops would be not too highly geared i think.
    Probably they are people who are trying to get some painfree FS preparation gears for their enhancement.
    Or could be for black stones which could come out of those gear drops.
    Not sure where you are grinding nor your renown score but I am sure it's a bit of problem if u get killed too easily.
    And high end players who are in node war guilds or even conquests wouldn't want to kill you unless you are in one of those
    guild and get dec'd by them. The score gap will drastically reduce their karma when they kill you leaving them vulnerable to
    enemy guilds. So simply they just don't do it. It's hassle and they would be busy farming. I am sure they outgrind you most of time
    leaving you with no mobs. But it's still bdo..
    I understand your frustration.
    Maybe if you could post where you grind and your RS(renown score) as gs is meaningless since the patch then we could help you
    out with some advices more.

Best of luck mate

nefarie and Fearless V like this.
  14. Redarion

Haha. You are like Jon Snow.

15. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Mystic 58 NA

THIS RIGHT HERE. He got it on the money. BDO's biggest flaw! The best higher level grind spots are the grind spot intended for lower geared players. Effectively pushing them out of progressing via grinding. Forcing them to effective afk life skill for silvers for many months.

This I don't blame the higher geared players. This i blame the devs making this a highly Anti Newplayer friendly game. Where the New Player Experience or (NPE) is some of the worst in the genre. And is simply what generate this game's massive abysmal ration. Thus will have troubles retaining players let alone gain paying new players.

Unless the NPE changes for the better here. This game will starve itself of players. Because it will not be able to replenish it's players leaving. Meaning a horrible bottom line. Meaning either blatant Pay 2 Win selling gear directly for hundreds of USD. Or shutting it down.

Alicia Dominica and crawlord like this.
  16. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

lol it's all open for interpretation, and those opinions are as many as there are snowflakes in a blizzard (see what I did there)

17. j.p.van.dorsten

why not go to the loot drop list in the menu look for a spot with the biggest list of drop tables (iron mine, helms, etc) go farm there, your not gonna get 200 mill an hour or anything but its still a lot better then without the event.

18. damascus

Git a brain. A new player fighting soft cap+ geared players has nothing to do with being 'Gud'.

Amazebals likes this.
  19. ODB3698

I guess they weren't around when newbies were crying for high ap players to go grind valencia....so they could have sausans/pirates free for lowbies. They seem pretty entitled thinking they should be able to dictate where other players should be allowed to grind. Just like you said, anyone with common sense will follow the path of least resistance to getting what they need with the most efficiency (SP, XP, silver, drops).

20. ODB3698