1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new fishing. 5 hours afk for trash

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by wickedwraith, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Dunno, perhaps they plan to revert the grouping?
    Until the masteries are out, it is hard to speculate, but will make note of that point.

2. MagicalTabletopGirls

Your not wrong, hehe, and I agree with you on all the above, I think when people adapt they will come to see all those benefits.

#22 MagicalTabletopGirls, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  3. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

it's not, i very happy about it :D

Allan1985 likes this.
  4. Auxey

ISHYGDDT.

5. AlnilamE

I'm fishing at sea for titles and I am catching the normal fish I expect (minus the greens that are now being discarded).

It stacks, so it doesn't really matter as there are 3 types max per fish table.

Those fishing changes were probably made by the nephew of the PA's owner who is studying game development and was interning for the summer.

Seriously, that's what it feels like the way it was implemented without taking a lot of side effects into consideration.

6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Why would anyone throw away yellow grade fish? Even if you are after relics you would keep the yellow fish.

7. elgen

The main complaint of folks was that greens filled up your inventory way to fast. Which made mediah rods pretty much worthless when afking.

Still testing out the change but it does not seem bad at all. Deep sea fishing with a Mediah/pet/buffs is less then 1 min per fish. being able to discard green fish seems pretty dam nice. More so if you use the teleport trick to sell fish. So no I don't think it only benefits newbies with low inventory.

Smileybones likes this.
  8. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

I messed up last night and selected 'blue' and woke up to about 40 or so yellow fish and 12 relics. I was a little disappointed that I can't have the option to get rid of the trash though, seems a bit weird.

Obviously I'm still playing around with it, but depending how long it takes me to fill an inventory of blues and yellows I might run out to get the desert buff and see what kind of money I make. I'm a little torn though because I like the level my trade skill with the green fish.

Solitaire likes this.
  9. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

friend has it set on green get blue and yellow relic and all the trash for 8 hour fishing trash need to go and when tet at white should get green ,blue ,and yellow but it was not working like that

10. elgen

Trash are not considered fish so the new system does not stop it. Not saying I like are am defending it but hen again it's only 3 slots.

If the double drop rate on relics and sharps/hards is still going then I would leave it on remove greens for those prime times. and you can take balloons out to the desert now so it does not soak up a lot of active time.

11. Xeniph

Sorry if I missed it but...

Relics are green correct? So does it throw those away if set to blue or higher? What about the horse awakening stuff and bottles with notes?

12. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

You know why the trash annoys me the most? Because it's extra clicks to get rid of it in the bin or at a vendor, haha, the inventory space doesn't bother me. :D

13. Gun_Runner

Gun_Runner Gun_Runner 62 NA

Well I just bypass the whole system and select "Do Not Discard". I prefer to still make actual money when auto fishing overnight, not pocket change because I tossed three quarters of my catch.

14. Sibyyl

Could you try out Ross Sea with Mediah rod (for golds) and Maple Float (also for golds)? You have both at +10?

Let's get a functional (ie: not broken) UI option which filters out trash first, then we can figure out if trash has long term value.

Secondly, it's been clear from KR patch notes that event items aren't thrown out - no matter what their grade. This makes sense to me. Koi falls in this category.
    Misread your post, senpai. Ignore.

Solitaire and Desado like this.
  15. ghoulz666

Whole thing seems shady.

Why not just REVERT the past change. Before that green fish were counted as discard drops along with whites.

16. Stabby

That's what I read too. They need to change that. I can confirm having yellow selected will give yellow fish tho. The thing I hate the most is all the ropes, boots and garbage in my bags. I want my trash checkbox back!

Solitaire likes this.
  17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I afk fished overnight + work as usual. Came back to 31 yellows, 48 blues, 18 relic pieces and 2 stacks of trash. Needless to say I cared very litte about the 2 slots with trash.

18. elgen

before the past change there was still green fish just not as much. If they reverted the changes yellows would be worth 30kish again and even more people would rage.

19. elgen

The new system only discards fish so no you will not lose any of the relics or mats. Odds are that's why it is set the way it is. So while you do not discard white trash loot your not discarding the green none fish as well if you have it set to discard green or below.

20. Xeniph

Gotchya, thank you.