1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new fishing. 5 hours afk for trash

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by wickedwraith, Jul 17, 2019.

1. elgen

No problem I think that is where the major disconnect is for most folks. If they left it the way from before and allowed you to discard green then you would lose none fish items like relic's. And every one would of freaked out about it. They would have to change the tier of relics and all other none fish drop even event items to be above yellow so you did not throw them away by mistake. Then they might have to modify the drop rates of every thing that drops those items.

Or they could just do what they did and remove none fish from the discard system. Nothing shady about it just more cost vs time effective. If people are really upset about trash loot that stacks taking up a few slots they could always ask that it be removed from the fishing loot tables. It would be a lot easier to delete those few items from the loot tables then to modify every thing else just so you discard them without discarding relic's.

Smileybones likes this.
  2. Rossleen McDRagon

Feedback for the first 6 hours afk fishing over night in Duvencrune, node 10, fishing guru 9, Balenos +9

I selected "green" and the result was:

21 ropes
    9 boots
    13 nets
    45 blue
    8 gold
    2 relic shard
    1 Leila petal

it works good, only disappointing thing: only 2 relic shard, in my experience i got in average about 8-10 the night

Smileybones likes this.
  3. yukishiro1

It's typical BDO, implement something people have asked for since forever but do it wrong (original explanation was inaccurate) and take away an old feature at the same time (ability to throw away trash).

One step forward, two steps backwards, then hotfix away one of the steps backward.

4. Hawkes

Lotsa trash. You sure you weren't fishing in the Pacific?

Lefteye, Solitaire and Arkadia like this.
  5. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

I dont use the Mediah rod I only have Epheria and Balenos rods. I will test those out tonight and see how well they do with the green settings at Velia beach again. I might try Ross later after I test Velia first tomorrow.

6. elgen

Something that might be worth trying is fishing on top of a hotspot in a zone that does not give blues. While what hotspot triggers per cycle are random the spawns should be fixed. so in a over night afk you should be getting a few of them if your casting into a spot you have seen them spawn. I get 9 or more yellows from a hot spot even afk.

7. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

Who would set it to discard "Yellow and Below"? Is this just for people farming frags?

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  8. Kaijura

Can't fish at the Termian Park, all the stackable fish and the golden Fish gets discarded when i set it to blue quality. Something is really bugged after this patch.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Why would anyone fish at Termian out of a 500k fish event ? It's a terrible spot for fishing.

Maginha likes this.
  10. elgen

There are NO stackable fish. Please read the 5 page rant about no 500k fish in the event. As for the Olvia sea area I have been fishing there afk all day and never once have I discarded a yellow fish when set to discard blues.

11. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

All these ppl selecting yellow and fish for trash lol. Sorry not sorry

12. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

I can give you one practical example : holidays or any kind of extensive period of time without access nor remote access to the game.
    If I can keep my inventory slots for some trash and relics, I'd be happy to get rid of any fish that may expire anyways.

13. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

I wouldn't have thought the durability of a rod would last long enough for that to be an issue :) But I can understand not wanting to come back to a bunch of expired fish you have to discard one by one

14. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

AlnilamE likes this.
  15. Rossleen McDRagon

Update next 6 hours afk fishing, duvencrune node +10, balenos +9, guru 9

8 Gold
    27 blue
    8 relic shard
    9 net
    14 ropes
    5 boots

16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

17. Jena

I got about the same fishing there for a few hours.

18. Gravemind

>afk fishing
    >not even playing the game
    >complains about loot

Only BDO/mmo's can people complain about getting nothing for doing nothing. Really is hilarious.

o0ABC0o likes this.
  19. ronniejw

I fished at the water park all night and caught only 12 seaweed and a few fish bones. I was set at Green and below for discard. It's broken.

20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

It's working as intended: in your setup you actually asked the game to discard green fish, therefore you got only trash since waterpark fish table doesn't have any blue or yellow fish.