1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New game packages... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ponge85, May 20, 2020.

1. Ponge85

• If I have already purchased Starter's Package, Traveler's Package, or Explorer's Package, is it possible to upgrade to the new packages?

• Yes. If you have bought any kind of previous version of the package before May 27, 2020, you can purchase a new upgrade package (Standard Upgrade Package, Deluxe Upgrade Package) and will get all extra items. All kinds of the previous version are treated as a Basic package.
    I have the Explorers Package. This means you will treat my package I payed 50 EUR for, as a 10 EUR package? Are you for real? What are you thinking?

gurghul and Jinoro like this.
  2. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Yeah, sucks but thats how those offer packs works :S

3. Venour

Venour Archer 63 EU

They couldve given the new contents to the people that payed for the expensive packages. Or make a decent discount, but when was the last time veteran players got smth nice <:

4. RandomHajile

yea I'm here til A. I can't get a value pack or B. They add in those tet+ rentals.

Some of PA's game decision making is so weird. They must have someone smart behind it... right? I got exp for 25 in 16. - dances - then put it on the shelf.

Thing people need to do is look at BDO, take a step back... it is what it is. It does what it's trying to do. It's mostly interesting. It seems kinda like standing in a hurricane in comparison to where the game was when I started playing seriously, though, and that was only in January!

GIEB US MOAR MONEY.

5. LucidKill

Your fault is thinking that buying some fluff and sub pack is somehow an achievement that must be honored and never change. You got baited and bought into the original explorer's pack that was a pile of useless garbage to keep you hooked. You should be mad at yourself about that original purchase. Who cares if someone drops more money, that they can get a bit more stuff now? Those packs are merely cash grabs designed to give you a taste and keep you using in-game subscriptions like VP, secret book, etc. Just play the game and enjoy it and forget about the pearl shop crutch. You'll be happier in the long run especially when you decide to walk away from bdo.

onaco, Ashenvall and KhaosThanathan like this.
  6. Kubla

Lot of good stuff in them though, going to be tempted.

7. Wynter Dark Tail

I've played this game for a few months when it came out, and occasionally a couple of times after that. I came back during the Covid reaction, and have been back for around 6 weeks. I got the original Conqueror's package, and it doesn't seem like there's an upgrade for my level. Some kind of update for that level would be nice, if it could be considered.

8. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

9. YukieKitsune

Your Game Package Purchase Period: May 6, 2020 (14:00 UTC)–May 27, 2020 (08:00 UTC)

That's the thing that's annoying me... I made my purchase a literally a week before May 6 (April 29) and so I won't be compensated at all. I feel that's still really recent game purchase it's like less than a month from this announcement of them changing the package.

10. Ashenvall

A wise man.

11. zhagsten

If you thought they respect their paying customers, now you know better.

Bizmarc89 and Fearless V like this.
  12. Thugarin

Thugarin Striker 62 EU

It just feels like with calling companies, newer customers get better stuff for same price just for joining compared to older customers.

Tho at some point u just change provider.

upload_2020-5-20_19-51-47.png

Jinoro likes this.
  13. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

Why do people surprised about that ? Like how this possible you don't encounter this in real life, new customer always gets more benefits over long term one. Kakao not invented that, literately everyone in world doing this.zzz

Bizmarc89, Chaos Ronin and Jinoro like this.
  14. Kubla

The fact that they are new players in a four year old game would warrant more things to help them catch up to others that have been playing much longer.

A couple of butlers, pets, extra inventory slots and a good mount is a nice kick start for a brand new player.

Jinoro and Fearless V like this.
  15. XXew

Your point? You are just askin for freebies.

We even got this when they added Value packs to the new Game packages.
    Conqueror’s Package (pre-order only): 3x Value Pack (30 days), 15x Elion's Blessing, 30x Bleach

Screenshot_469.png Screenshot_39.png

Jinoro likes this.
  16. Andaro

Ambassador

Don't see an issue with this. Buying the upgraded version of the package is no different than buying a package from the cash shop that has an assortment of stuff.

17. Thugarin

Thugarin Striker 62 EU

Free freebies aren't bad freebies. Of course they need to provide some catch up for new people. I just dislike they totally don't offer anything new to people that play since long time (beside the xxxxx hours played rewards, which I finished like years ago).

With other things like intensive promotion and sale of pearl items/game accesses, which feels like and likely is an priority - and meanwhile developing new contents of game which bugs along randomly with other existing features every update - it just feels wrong.

My point there is that eventually something really messes up to limit one time and no promotion is gonna save game from people leaving it.

PS. Im personally dedicated to horse training/fishing simulator, and then failing pen every once time when silvers are right.

People are

18. Aysnvaust

Hey, at least we have the "early bird" title. (Well, most of us do)

19. LeCordonBleu

What's your problem? Can't sleep knowing now there are better packages offered? Pft. You don't lose anything with the introduction of new packages. You still got what you paid for. You're throwing a tantrum for nothing. If upgrading is good bang for the buck and you need the items the upgrade provides, then upgrade. If not, just stay on your current package. Do you experience any inconvenience by sitting on your current package?

Ternezia, Jinoro and Arkadia like this.
  20. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

I see nothing in those pack that'll help a new player catch up. Do you guys even know what a ~Catch-up mechanic~ even look like? Imagine people calling a game a progression game than turn around and say it has catch up mechanics. Catch mechanics in a progression game is a oxy-moron in it self.