1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW Guild Recruit Tab Feels Incomplete [Issues/Solutions&Poll Included]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DafuqYouLookinAt, Jan 15, 2020.

?

Do you think there are missing tools that are needed for the Guild Recruit Tab?

1. Yes, I I think we need more tools to help my guild recruit.

17 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, I like the way it is currently and may or may not express my reasoning to why I disagree.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DafuqYouLookinAt

Yo o/
    Our new guild recruit tab feels incomplete and imo still lacks basic recruit tools.
    I personally don't find the recruit tab/features useless, it's just lacking.

- Create An [Accept] Button > Currently we only have a [Whisper] or [Decline]
    • While direct messaging builds closer relations with other players, realistically people go offline or cc and when they do guilds have no way of knowing when player will be available again.
    Concerned [Accept] Button Will Ruin Interaction? It shouldn't ruin interaction between players.
    • Casual Guilds: Some guilds accept anyone & everyone into their guild with little to no requirements, but not all guilds operate this way.
    • Hardcore Guilds: Most guilds that have requirements still go through the basic recruitment process such as communicating with recruit and setting up trials.
    • An [Accept] button will ease the process if the guild has already previously been in contact with the recruit but is unable to reach them.
    • It'll also ease the process for guilds who have no requirements so I see it as a win/win!

Solution For Contacting Offline Players: Create an alternate way to contact offline players.
    • It'd be cool if guilds could mail an official guild recruitment message to the potential recruit so when they come back online they will see that they were contacted by the guild(s) they applied for. [Edit: Official = like guild invite contract or guild contract renewals]
    • A small notification or sound could play as a way to show player mail has been sent to them.
    • Blade&Soul also allows players to mail conversations to one another instead of just whisper, it could work here too.
    • "Application Accepted": I think it's also a good idea for a notice to be sent out to the applicant so they know their app was accepted, maybe by mail? Give them the option to accept/decline the official notice just in case they changed their mind &/or were forgetful they applied - in this case they don't be forcefully put into the guild then locked with a CD due to forgetfulness or failure to cancel their application.

Additional Special Recruitment Add-Ons:
    Create Status Icons [Online] > Implement activity status in-game then link it to the guild recruitment tab!
    Note: There could be various different icons to indicate status [Online/Offline/Idle]
    • We should have this...!
    • Currently the only way to check status of other players - if in friends or guild list.
    • Idle mode will activate after being idle for x amount of time from game.
    - Create A [Comment Section] > Allows players to express a brief message to guild - interests/ stats/etc.
    • Comment section will be attached to each applicant.
    • Limit characters, special characters to prevent spam or lengthy comments.
    • Trolls will be trolls but this is only for those who are applying for guild.
    - Create A Potential [Trial Invite] button > Players can send a direct invite to Battle Arena to potential recruit.
    • Add a [Trial Invite] button to recruitment tab > Find a way to link it to BA.
    • Players must be on the same channel.
    - Create A [Guild Recruitment Tab] In Chat > Create another chat window for guild shouts.
    This is probably useless tbh because you can filter specific words in chat & hide chat windows.
    Some may not use this tab at all or will still proceed to shout their messages in all current tabs but I wanted to add it anyways because some people don't like guild shout-outs.

• Create another chat tab for guild shouts. May assist with current guild shout "spam" in chat?
    • Make it so it functions as a [World] message - No megaphone needed though.
    • Consumption of x amount of energy still applies.
    • Tab should be limited to guilds & guild recruit shouts only.
    • The tab will likely require a direct link to guild recruitment tab functions & a way to limit the recruiting discussions here.
    *Please feel free to voice your feedback.
    If you disagree with anything or anyone constructive criticism is encouraged as long as it contributes to the subject to further discussion.

Regards,
    Dafuq lol

#1 DafuqYouLookinAt, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  2. Vorkrunne

This would solve everything.

3. Amirite

Yes, is looks 50% done when it comes to guild options and has been that for a long time. I remember back in the start where they promised, that a lot of new options and features would come to the guilds, I haven't seen it yet.

The lack of communication tools for the guild/guild members/new members is still not done and it's shame really, as they use so much energy on guild events, the Ocean experience, ships, elephants etc.

It's simple tools for the guild that many other games with guilds have already.

DafuqYouLookinAt likes this.
  4. DafuqYouLookinAt

Mmhm. If you know a direct link off the top of your head to any of those discussed changes I'd love to have a read!

Things come in time but it would make more sense for them to add the most absolute basics to the guild recruit system before pushing out the content. Nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement so I am not in any way saying none of this should've been pushed out because we needed it, but rather saying it should feel more whole, ya feel? (>-<"

Guilds play a major role in this game, err...majority of MMOs.
    I full heartily agree, the lack of communication between the recruiter v recruit can really hurt the process.

They want us to be more engaged with one another as a community yet if we had better tools to do so we'd all feel more accomplished in doing so and that speaks for any kind of activity really.
    XO

5. DafuqYouLookinAt

Just wanting to keep the discussion flowing - If anyone reading has additional feedback and would like to voice their experiences with their guild, their recruiting process, and more ideas to add to the list feel free to express them please and don't forget to drop a vote!

6. Amirite

You are right and yourself highlight some very good points for why we need this = They want us to be more engaged
    But am sure that new classes, expansions of this BDO World with sea and so always comes first. They have updated the UI so many times and I just believe that they should have updated and upgraded the Guild system at the same time.

Anyways, hope to see some new and extra features soon for the guilds.

7. DafuqYouLookinAt

Much appreciated. I too hope for new features and content for guilds especially!

8. DafuqYouLookinAt

9. Stahlram

Yes, the new guild recruitment tools are a good step into the right direction but leaves much to be desired.

I agree with your suggestions of an accept button, a way to send messages to offline people and an option for interested players to also attach comments on their application.

I'd also like to see an actual indicator on whether or not the person is online or not, e.g the suggested invite button being visible and/or greyed out depending on status.

Do you want to keep the discussion to specifically guild recruitment or also add in some discussion on general guild features outside of recruitment?

10. DafuqYouLookinAt

I also like the idea of being able to see if someone is online or not, it doesn't have to be just limited to the friends list but then you also have people that may be not actively playing. I don't disagree with the suggestion as a whole though.

I'm fine with discussions on guild features in general even if this highlights recruiting mainly. I'd like to keep this thread going.
    I believe there's many people who would like to see more things added to enhance their recruiting or guild experience.
    I wish to know their thoughts and what things we can discuss.
    :)

11. Amirite

A little conclusion for the newly added guild options, it did not change the spam of guild add's in the chat lol.

12. DafuqYouLookinAt

Yeah I agree, even with said changes I think this is something that will always exist.
    We don't have to get rid of pushing out guild shouts, I don't mind doing it in general.

13. DafuqYouLookinAt

Alright everyone, I formatted everything a bit better so it's easier to read and find specific information by colored category.

I'd really like more tools for us all to be able to successfully recruit!

Let me know your thoughts and if you have anything else you'd like to add, please take a moment to vote as well.

Amirite likes this.
  14. Amirite

I already voted :)

Just and idea i got, how about trying to contacts some of the guilds in game to take a look at your suggestions and idea's? I would imagine a lot feel the same way, they just need the direction of where to support things like this. So point them to this forum post.
    Or maybe also try Discord and Reddit. There is a Guild Reddit also.

15. DafuqYouLookinAt

Thank you for your feedback :]
    That's a great idea btw, I agree I think everyone in guilds and seeking guilds would really benefit with some of these tools.
    I'll look into communicating the idea throughout other places too other than here!

Amirite likes this.
  16. TheHero

well, the contracts would only be applicable while someone is online. Accept button will require some thought to impliment the two way accept system. Not that contracts really matter anymore. Still.

17. DafuqYouLookinAt

Mmhm, the same goes for friend's list and I mentioned that the only way to really tell if someone is online is if they are your guild member or are in your friend's list.

I think to a degree contracts do matter because guilds use it to determine activity, absent days and contribution.
    There's access to guild buffs too upon having the contract active in general.

Agreed, the [Accept] button would require it to be directly linked towards the applicant and the guild they applied for.

Which brings me to the thought that if the application was accepted, shouldn't there also be a way that the applicant knows before just being directly thrown into the guild? If they changed their mind and no app cancellation was made, then they're stuck with a CD upon leaving.

18. TheHero

Yeah that would fix that issue right away. Sending kind of an offline accept request> Then they could accept it.

Though I'm sure there's some reason why the Dev's thought about this to avoid possible glitches or abuse of a system.

Tbh I think just adding in the online feature showing that a person is "online" is good enough, then IF online the guild master can send a contract directly THEN but not while OFFLINE. that way it would avoid this issue altogether.

19. DafuqYouLookinAt

In regards to contacting offline players - True, perhaps there is a definite reason we're unaware of all together.
    I'm unsure how exactly there would be any abuse to the system if we did have notification that we could mail to offline players. It could be an official guild message kinda in the form of how we get guild invites or contract renewals to accept/decline.

Ye I think the online feature would really help out just so we have a feel of "is this person even online?" because the only way is to find out by whispering them and even then, they could be idle or offline xD

It'd be nice to have more information about the applicants if they choose to provide that over. I always like to get to know people aside from their gear n stuff so I end up actually talking to them first anyways before immediate acceptance!

20. DafuqYouLookinAt

More feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I passed this along in the feedback discord too but in all honesty I am shocked not more people would want easier recruiting tools?

Please vote your thoughts and if you'd like to comment & add/change anything that'd be sweet too.