1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guild Recruit Tab Feels Incomplete [Issues & Solutions]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DafuqYouLookinAt, Jan 15, 2020.

?

Do you think there are missing tools that are needed for the Guild Recruit Tab?

1. Yes, I I think we need more tools to help my guild recruit.

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, I like the way it is currently and may or may not express my reasoning to why I disagree.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DafuqYouLookinAt

Yo o/
    I mentioned this in another thread as a comment but wanted to address it as it's own thread.
    Our new guild recruit tab feels incomplete and imo still lacks basic recruit tools.
    I personally don't find the recruit tab/features useless, it's just lacking.

What it lacks:
    - [Accept] button > Currently we only have a [Whisper] & [Decline] button.
    While whispering builds closer relations with players, realistically people go offline or cc and when they do guilds have no way of knowing when player will be available again.
    For guilds that don't accept just anyone and have previously spoken to player - this accept button comes in handy.
    Concerned accept button will ruin interaction? Creating an accept button shouldn't affect the interaction during the recruit process simply because there are guilds that have strong requirements. They still go through the basic process of reaching out to players as well as trialing the recruit before joining.
    There are some guilds that do just accept anyone into their guild but not all of them operate this way.
    This button would ease the process especially if the guild has already reached out to the player interested.

Solution for contacting offline players: Create an alternate way to contact offline players such as mailing a conversation to them so when they come back online they will see that x guild has reached out to them.
    A small notification or sound could play as a way to show player mail has been sent to them.
    If Blade & Soul can send mail to players online/offline, I think we could adopt this too.

- [Comment Section] > Allows players to express a brief message to guild - interests/stats/etc. This section is attached to each player that has applied. It would be a nice add to the tab because of said reasons. If need be it could have a limit to how much info can be typed here to avoid lengthy messages.

- [Trial Invite] button > I liked this idea but I am unsure if it is something that would need to be implemented. It would work similar to sending a party invite for example and invite is only directly linked to BA.
    If the button was implemented, players could still request trial and just send an invite for teleport but both players must be on the same channel to meet.

* If you feel as if there is anything else that should be added to better assist with guild recruiting, please feel free to express in the comments as it is better to voice our opinions than to not.
    * If you disagree with anything or anyone here, constructive criticism is encouraged as long as it contributes to the subject to further discussion.

Regards,
    Dafuq lol

#1 DafuqYouLookinAt, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Amirite likes this.
  2. Vorkrunne

This would solve everything.

Phoenixxx75 and DafuqYouLookinAt like this.
  3. Amirite

Yes, is looks 50% done when it comes to guild options and has been that for a long time. I remember back in the start where they promised, that a lot of new options and features would come to the guilds, I haven't seen it yet.

The lack of communication tools for the guild/guild members/new members is still not done and it's shame really, as they use so much energy on guild events, the Ocean experience, ships, elephants etc.

It's simple tools for the guild that many other games with guilds have already.

DafuqYouLookinAt likes this.
  4. DafuqYouLookinAt

Mmhm. If you know a direct link off the top of your head to any of those discussed changes I'd love to have a read!

Things come in time but it would make more sense for them to add the most absolute basics to the guild recruit system before pushing out the content. Nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement so I am not in any way saying none of this should've been pushed out because we needed it, but rather saying it should feel more whole, ya feel? (>-<"

Guilds play a major role in this game, err...majority of MMOs.
    I full heartily agree, the lack of communication between the recruiter v recruit can really hurt the process.

They want us to be more engaged with one another as a community yet if we had better tools to do so we'd all feel more accomplished in doing so and that speaks for any kind of activity really.
    XO

5. DafuqYouLookinAt

Just wanting to keep the discussion flowing - If anyone reading has additional feedback and would like to voice their experiences with their guild, their recruiting process, and more ideas to add to the list feel free to express them please and don't forget to drop a vote!

6. Amirite

You are right and yourself highlight some very good points for why we need this = They want us to be more engaged
    But am sure that new classes, expansions of this BDO World with sea and so always comes first. They have updated the UI so many times and I just believe that they should have updated and upgraded the Guild system at the same time.

Anyways, hope to see some new and extra features soon for the guilds.

DafuqYouLookinAt likes this.
  7. DafuqYouLookinAt

Much appreciated. I too hope for new features and content for guilds especially!