1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response New Horse Instant Accel Is Bugged - this cannot be what was intended

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by DiaborMagics, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DiaborMagics

DiaborMagics DiaborMagics Lahn 61 EU

Hey there, below you can see something I've recorded - Instant Accel now shakes the camera like crazy since the patch. This can't be the good change the Patch Notes mention, I reckon. I think it's a bug.

Here is the link:
    (please note that Youtube is still processing the video, so the quality is low at the moment of writing this)

Crimdrac and Depthside like this.
  2. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

I think it was always like that, more or less

3. DiaborMagics

No, IA was smooth. A clear increase in speed with some wind added.
    This is how it used to be:

Ok... skipping to the right second doesnt work. Skip to 6:50 here and you can see IA - for some reason the links I put up in this post always set the time back to 6:20-ish

In comparison, it used to be smooth (post #3), now (post #1) the camera jerks all over the place and gives me a headache and nausea. literally.

#3 DiaborMagics, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Depthside likes this.
  4. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

Having PA write "Improved to appear more animated" and have that mean "Added nausea-inducing screen shake" is within my expectations at this point.

5. BellaKora

BellaKora DarkKnight 61 NA

You can remove the shaking by doing this:

No vibrations anywhere is a god send.

6. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

I honestly like the vibration and camera jerking during combat or wut not, it makes it more alive for me.

7. Cairenn Tairisiu

Cairenn Tairisiu Tairisiu DarkKnight 61 NA

I don't see it when I hit IA or S:IA but I have my camera shake settings pretty low. Maybe part of the "fix" was just to involve camera shake settings more? You might try lowering that.

8. GM Peperoncino

Game Master

Hello guys,

The change with this horse skill was informed in the patch notes released on October 10, you can access the patch notes using this link.

9. DiaborMagics

The thing is, I don't want to turn it off completely. I can play with this setting, but I don't think I should even have to. It worked perfectly fine before.
    It's also not just the vibration of the camera. If you look closely to the video in post #1, you can see the horse moves like it should not. The character on its back has the same issue.It's hard to describe, but they are sort of twitching. I can see three copies of them on my screen at once at some points... can you guys really not see that in the footage when you turn on 1080p? It indeed can't be seen on the low res Youtube tried to force down my throat here. Also, I have no issues with combat or anything like that, it is only IA that behaves this strangely.
    My problem is not that there was no communication about this, or that there was a supposed improvement. The problem is that the 'improvement', is something that made it bug out. That is not an improvement.
    I already stated that I knew about the Patch Notes in the OP - please read more carefully: "This can't be the good change the Patch Notes mention, I reckon. I think it's a bug."
    In no way is having to turn down my vibration setting for the first time ever to avoid nausea an improvement - I still have to try, no idea if that would even work, but apparently it did for others. I am at work, currently, so I'll have to try this later - and my character and horse should not be twitching all over the place. They don't run in a straight line anymore, they twitch and glitch. It's not just camera shaking. Something is off about the character and horse, as well.

I also see that the raw footage I uploaded is not as sharp as I had hoped. If people really can't see it, I'll try providing some better-quality footage of this tonight. I think Youtube has to compress it too much when I upload raw footage instead of rendered stuff...

#9 DiaborMagics, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  10. DiaborMagics

I stand corrected. A few minutes without any camera vibration/shake and I don't want to go back. Thanks!
    There is still an issue with vibration and IA, but since I wont be using it anymore, whatever, I guess :P

BellaKora likes this.
  11. Crimdrac

yeah, this new update on instant acceleration gives me a headache. I honestly don't want to lower the vibration settings but if I can travel without seeing my screen shake every millisecond, I am a happy player.

DiaborMagics likes this.