1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Item Upgrade Options Coming August 29th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Richter, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

they get banned.

p.s. u cant change email addres without sending them your passport...

So the guy who sold their acc can always get the account back, and u have money wasted....

2. Bentky

From a game developer who has built successful market games, I hope you guys take into consideration the fact that you have 31 pages on this post. Clearly the "pay to win" is not being received well. Personally, I'll be quitting your game if I see a very unfair advantage coming from melting these costumes.

I'm fairly unbiased when it comes to spending money, and I've spent an embarrassing amount on this game personally already. But it's my money, and I enjoyed playing the game, and I do not regret it. However, this change you're making is saying a lot about your team, your development mindset, and how you're willing to derail your DAU/KPI to cash in on a minority.

I'll give you a little free industry advice, developing with money in mind never works. You always focus on gameplay, content, mechanics, and tools.

Regards.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Introducing new content, shining new weapons and gear for you players!!!!!!! BEHOLD!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Pkmdz, Findubar, SnakeAttack and 2 others like this.
  4. Yusong

They broke the promise that means game is not what it was represented to be when I bought kakao cash, basically it is like buying shoes and receiving only one of the pair. They actually can't ban me without a reason at least not without a refund that would me there was nothing stopping them from banning everyone this moment and not paying back any money.
    Of course you did "So yes MONEY is everything, ingame and in real life." They could change a lot of things to make money and still game not being pay to win. They are just horribly bad at managing this game. They would be making much more money with having old big player base that now left because they are so **** at managing their game. Even subscription was an option when they released a game, instead they decided they will scam us. Yeah I'm crying when you can barely type of anger, make sentences that are barely understandable and use caps lol.

Souldealer likes this.
  5. Allegame

they wont listen to our complains about p2w. Even if they said they are always reading our concerns and taking them into consideration, ohh well, another lie.
    @CM @GM if you guys really care about the EU/NA community, DO NOT implement the CRON STONE from melting costumes. Its ok with valks cry because you guys will add them in loyalty and petals but cron stones... its purely p2w
    You guys have time until next patch to demonstrate you care about your game. -23.98% this is the percent of players lost in the last 30 days on steam. Probably the launcher players percentage is more or less the same. YOU WILL BREAK THE GAME. remove the cron stones and the game will be gucci
    Thanks and see you in 1 week!

6. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

Do kids like you really need to insult so that you look more mature ? O well maybe it makes you feel better never mind.

You failed to see the point of what i wrote, i cause trying to show how much time it is needed to reach that point in the game, not the effort it took. People nowdays don't have all day to play, when i was in school and had 8 hour + a day to play, i was in the same boots, but right now sadly i don't have that much time, and i know people who can only play a couple of hours a day.

They are players as well like you and me, and you need to look at them as well. Not just the top of the food chain who has a lot of time on hand.

7. Caythana

Caythana Lahn 62 EU

As so many others have already stated, the big problem with this is the melting of costumes for cron stones. I honestly couldn't care less about valk's cry as they are far less impactful than artisans memories, and with the option of getting valks from loyalty and stuff it's really a non-issue. I even welcome the increased price of pearl shop items on the marketplace, as more stuff might be listed then, but the cron stone part has to go if you care about the longevity of this game. I understand why the developers want to implement this, as this will no doubt give them a massive boost in short-term revenue, but we have seen what happens in other games when you start going down this road.

I don't really know why I even post this, as it's been proven time and time again that the developers do not care about our feedback when it comes to issues like this, so I'm sure that no matter how well you guys at Kakao try to argue about this, it will be implemented anyway. I just hope we can somehow get a limit on the whole cron stone extraction thing, or at least make it absurdly expensive, so only a select few people might go full whale and ruin the game for the rest of us.

8. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

Haha, i am typeing with caps so that maybe you will see the freaking meaning of what i am trying to say.
    I am say to break it to you mate but they can ban everyone, and not refund anything, read ToS, you dont owe the game, you are just renting it and if they feel like it they can do it.
    It is like this for every game, take the time read the ToS and you will understand what i am saying.
    Subscription would have been great, but that formula i long gone, and it is not really working now days. Only a handfull of huge games, can keep it up.

9. Yusong

Oh yeah some really hard insults dropping right there. I wasn't even insulting you since I don't know where you get peals money it was just an example for people who do that.
    Ok at this point I don't understand your first sentence. They have just as much time to play as they did in 2004? You might not be able but kids that are same age as you were in time of wow have same amount of time, not everything is about you and your generation you know.
    You just spent a paragraph talking about how you don't have as much time so new type of games suit you better and I'm suddenly selfish lol.

10. Yusong

Okay so you are saying devs are forced into turning this game into pay to win because otherways they would be losing money. And at this point they see this game is a sinking ship. So now explain to me why not just ban everyone and shut down the servers today if they can legally do it? No risk of making loses.

11. Allan1985

Cry me more <3 <3 <3

12. Mountain Hound

Why can't we just make enhancing easier and add 5 valk cry a week to loyalty ONLY.

Glad I quit this game 3 weeks ago now.

13. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

You missed the point again, I hate the new type of games, they are to easy, i love DarkSouls, hard games where you are rewarded. They have the same amount of time as i did that is true, but they have a different mindset for games, why do you think the MMOS are dying ? Cause there are not enough new people playing them.
    If you go a young person and as them what BDO or Vanilla WoW, or Monster Hunter is, i am sure that 80% would have no clue, but if you ask them what Fortnite or LoL is they would know. Cause they are looking for easy games, rarely a challenge.

14. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

You pretty much summed it up.
    Devs are developers they write they code (and yes i am a developer as well), they don't make the decisions, we are just to told to implement something and we do it. We don't question the business model behind it, some suites higher up decide this or a marketing team. So don't blame the devs they are only doing what is assigned to them.

If they see the game as a sinking ship they can close it down.
    Let me explain to you what you just asked, If you have a tree that is producing golden apples, would you cut it down even if it started to rot but still produced the apples ? No you wouldn't, here you have 2 pickes save the tree, or use it till its useless. I hope you got it. And they have no risk of makeing loses. Read the ToS, and see for yourself its there.

I will sum it up so that you can understand, you did not BUY the game(you dont have the source files or any databases related to it) you just rented a space on there server, and the game client is a program that helps you access your rented account, the cash shop are just services you are buying for your account. But if your account gets banned in any way, the services you bought go down with it. And they can just say that your account was harming the server or they didn't like the char name, and its done. You cant do ANYTHING about it, there is no legal way of doing it. If they want to refund your money, that is nice of them, but you can't force them legally (check ToS).

Hope i helped you out mate.

15. Felo

So it's,

25 bucks for 25 Cron Stones.

a PEN try is about 900 Cron Stones? (dont know the actuell number)

well if someone is willing to give them 900 bucks for a PEN try why not xD

Souldealer likes this.
  16. Allan1985

PA intent was to make people build up a decent gear for when the time of World vs World came all "teams" where kinda equally geared, thus they introduced SMH for that, yet people complained over and over about it, my guess is they just got tired of the "complain about everything" trend and decided to simply implement the same methods as in other regions, i cant blame them, i would have done the same, now we have a legitimate reason to complain, karma is a bitc.h they say.

17. Noipura

This, I agree! Just Valks cry from loyalties and fairy petals would sound good to me.
    Also, I like sniping costumes from the marketplace, in fact I need it cause looks, "dress up doll" variety and cosmetic money sinks are very important to me in games, and BDO does not have much cosmetic variety exept in quite expensive Pearl costumes. (I could never afford so many costumes a year with real money.)
    Raising the silver prices of costumes would be good so more people woul sell them- but with Valk extraction, they may be just as hard or maybe harder to snipe.

Mana_Mafia and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

[​IMG]

NEW AWAKENINGS!!!!! :D

19. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

wondering how many of you guys walking around in the only real p2w item out there... ghillie

Arreyanne likes this.
  20. DinduNuffin

"Finally, as Valks' Cry and Cron Stones can be extracted from Pearl Outfits, it has become necessary to reflect its increased value in the marketplace."

If its like in other regions its more like 25 bucks for 100 cron stones.
    And "why not xD" it just harmful for the game in general, besides just hit to the player base but in the end game PVP too. And the "e-sports" that recently kakao was pushing will be dead in no time.