1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Item Upgrade Options Coming August 29th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Richter, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Atron

Dude you realize that for a "whale" its cheaper to buy payout from hack guilds and buy cron stones with silver if they are going for pen, than via custume melting?

You all act like there was no way of obtaining silver in game if you had money lol.

Whales ... well not even whales but people willing to spend 200 € per week on game have been doing this since months ago. Join hacker guild -> pay for silver -> leave -> preorder / cron enchant / what ever.

Go check silver selling sites and come back here and proove me wrong. (current rate for 1 bill silver on EU is between 70 - 90 € with almost unlimited supply)

Game was already full pay2win thanks to pay-outs and sea monster hacking.

PS not to mention that Sov dude buying soft cap accounts , doing PEN rouletes and selling gear via preorder to his main account lol link: https://clips.twitch.tv/VictoriousSwissPandaCurseLit

2. reconkangas

And round the hamster wheel we go...
    How many siege guilds already dominate NA? how many dominate with the same higher GS ALREADY.. and rotate areas between themselves? That's why the new system is supposed to be getting set In place to give others a fighting chance.

Just because a bigger kid takes over the block doesn't mean it's not the same dang thing happening now. It's just a different kid a different thug...
    Only thing you can do is work hard for it the rest will catch up over time and fight back those willing to spend money for it will get there 1st after that when the rest catch up and they start losing they will die off and quit it's been like that since games started this type of play.

3. Atomspher

This argument works under the pretense that most people that play mmo's are poor. You do not know how many people can afford or can borrow enough to have an effect on game balance. But it's not only about game balance.They're baiting the player base into making bad financial choices with the knowledge that most people are bad at making these kind of choices. It's the basic tenant behind whale based economies and is fairly well documented. I find it incredibly disrespectful.

Chase_Hayate and SnakeAttack like this.
  4. BuccaSorc

right now there is maybe 1 guy on NA with 600gs after all this playtime.

what do you think will happen if 50 or 100 rich kids get 620 gear score in two weeks from pay2win and become unkillable with renown?

the gear difference will be so massive compared to those who play the way it should, and there is no way to compete with them.

the only way to compete is to quit bdo and play something better with less pay2win.
    this tragic ******** happened with archeage too.

5. reconkangas

People that are willing to risk will do this.... here in NA you can only sell 5 items a week period..
    And it at this point is RNG getting gear you cant pre order to melt. So again if people are willing to do this THEY will doesn't matter what game doesn't matter the cost.
    I enjoy playing this game myself and I will get there eventually I may at some point buy a set or 2 to help me reach MY<---- GOAL In my time, I dont care what you do with your game or how many times your busted botting or cheating because its obvious PA AND KAKAO do not care about it.
    I will be here long after most quit I will keep going until I dont like the game anymore or friends move on I'm not here for the siege guilds I am here for the parts of the game I enjoy, pvp and camaraderie with my guild members maybe grow up a bit and stop paying attention to what others do and concentrate on what your doing.

6. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

I've known people that blew 30k on my last mmo. BS it's possible

7. reconkangas

I know its possible but again those people are so rare I dont even have a number for it.
    In all honesty here if they are that stupid to blow 30k on something that they have ZERO rights to and nothing to show for it over there short life span and you cant laugh at how stupid they are and you would not do that yourself..
    well then we have a conversation between us on the same opinion because somone that is willing to waste 30k on a friggin game deserves to be broke, there are millions of thing I would do with that type of cash and BDO is not on that list.

8. Dexo 2

I hope the game dies soon because these devs doesnt deserve this game to be very popular because they have no idea how to manage it, how to improve the game overall. The game went downhill from the start and now the decline is beginning to rise. People quit in massive amount and the devs not seeing that and keep doing what they think is "good" for the game. They are not worth peoples time with this game anymore. It used to be soo much better.

SnakeAttack and BuccaSorc like this.
  9. reconkangas

If you subscribe to the theory that you have to keep up with the Jones next door then anyone playing an MMO with this type of mental disorder and financial instability should not have a CC to begin with and gen those people go broke.
    That said this type of individual that cant libe within there means dont need a MMO or any game to do it.. it may be a car , girlfriend they are trying to impress with there wallet because there personality is limited., or maybe a bigger house or IDK the best GS in BDO like there name will be written in the history books or something.
    Come on be real here if those people choose to blow their budget on BDO and be irresponsible they will just do it with something else that is not BDO

10. reconkangas

Than what you give up?
    At what point are those with a 600gs now are no different that 50 to 100 with a 550- 570GS that are unkillable now?
    In groups 20 people with a 550 gs now are unkillable for those of us with a 510 to 520 GS...
    Heck red 3 players with a 530 GS will kill off a guy with a 550 GS and what chance do I have now with a 510?
    What will change other than those that had a monopoly on the servers NOW?
    Nothing for 90% of the player base just those that are on top of the pile now and those of us that NOW have a better chance to get there..
    I am not the type to just give up and back down even if I lose over and over again because eventually you get there and it's your pride that will take you there. Not somone elses.

Fasque likes this.
  11. Elza

Elza Sorceress 62 EU

Why doesn't this forum have a dislike button? D:<

12. Superschlange

NO MORE P2W

Tvvin likes this.
  13. Celensra

Kakao and Pearl Abyss no longer care about the community...it's heartbreaking and so very obvious that they're trying to extract as much money as they can from customers while doing as little as possible for them. I feel so bad for everyone that still plays and still cares about this game...please, "vote" with your wallets. It's the only thing these cruel people understand... :(

Tvvin likes this.
  14. Superschlange

I hope more ppl will quit after this, if this hits live servers im out. No more p2w **** artisans is broken enough.

Tvvin likes this.
  15. Bentky

Plenty of people will quit, including myself. You can see it in forum, and on the servers.

Dan Hot likes this.
  16. CookieNite

Alot of people will quit including me as well.

17. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

I won't quit but I refuse to fund Pearl Abyss cash grab. Rather make my own action combat game with consumer friendly cash shops , better rngless action combat and actual ranking systems

I agree with the s valk!

It's not rare as you think. Companies like pa /ea make bank off cash shop manipulation. It's disgusting

They also pocket most the money into their head leaders instead of the game properly.

Josh28 and Findubar like this.
  18. Findubar

how does one accidentally spend 10k without any clue rofl. they are either stupid or liars. or both.
    granted the companies are below scum and predatory. so meh.

#738 Findubar, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

dude, people were asking for drieghan area, capras stones, daily loot scrolls and manos life stuff, not melting of the pearl outfits.

there is a big big difference if developers/publisher offer ingame stuff for money or if it is provided by rmt people. at least those that buy stuff from hackers/resellers/whatever should be banned if discovered.

on that note, i think whole payout system needs to be reworked. it is obviously too abusable.

you shouldnt even be eligible for t10 payout unless u spend ten weeks in the guild imho. you should also have certain activity earned in that same guild. and then some.

#739 WhySoSeeryus, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2018
  20. Toshiro3D

A game that have a lot of potential, this game even, despite the fact that this mmo, could bring a lot of anti-mmo players, there is a lot of awesome things in that game, yet extremely greedy anti-player companies made this title another souless, mindless money sucking game, BDO has today more in common with the stupid farm game on mobile than with any huge epic titles on the market.
    This is going to be one of the biggest failures in game industry,