1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Item Upgrade Options Coming August 29th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Richter, Aug 23, 2018.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

if kakao really wants to sort this out, they need to make two of the following or more (well, all of it actually would make sense if they wanna keep and attract players) of the things from the list:

* way more available memory fragments from playing/farming mobs
    * way cheaper cron stones from blacksmith => 1/2 or 1/3 of the current NPC price
    * significantly reduce ap scaling bonuses from softcap up (for pvp purposes)
    and bonus
    * bring Drieghan online YESTERDAY

Ruffe likes this.
  2. PeterBuilt

If this a compromise you might as well scrap BDO now. Move on to your next cash grab and call it done. Otherwise, you will start finding it very difficult to do business in the west. We each have our own sort of blacklist, and you guys have been making your way onto a lot of them.

Ruffe likes this.
  3. Rovoc

I've gotten more from the forums than I've gotten from playing this game for a year

Ruffe likes this.
  4. Titansheart

But if we share feedback and you listening why you implement changes that your customers don't like, im pretty sure we support the game enough , i still don't know where is the problem. Whole BDO playerbase is trembling again , streamers are leaving the game, players are leaving , how can be this positive for PA or Kakao, explain us pls

Ruffe likes this.
  5. reconkangas

The issue we have is that you are able to actually buy something that negates RNG provided you have the bank.<--- Again wrong wrong wrong... stop trying to mislead people, NOTHING NEGATES RNG #1 you have to have the FS PERIOD.. you guys keep saying this and i keep repeating it. The ONLY thing this patch did is to allow people to PROTECT what they already had... NO FS NO PEN ATTEMPT, NO FS NO TET ATTEMPT PERIOD!!!!

If you have the cash yes you can buy cron thru costume melt down and PROTECT FROM DEGRADING ON ATTEMPTS IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING... to get FAIL STACKS you will have to fail that is the meaning of FAIL STACKS as soon as you get that through your head and understand that if someone makes it to 100FS while enhancing as far as i am concerned they earned that friggin right to PEN it is not easy and the loss in "in game" silver is staggering. AGAIN YOU CAN NOT AND WILL NOT NEGATE RNG no matter how much you shine that crap you guys keep spouting...

No one care about whether or not it will be common for others to get full PEN on this system, we care about the POSSIBILITY of it and the fact that the devs did this to begin with<---- its not what you and the others have been screaming bloody murder over and calling me all kinds of nasty crap, the fact is that that end game is PEN genius and we all try for a POSSIBILITY and we all will get there over time.
    The problem you guys were crying about is that a small % of whales that were going to spend 10's of thousands and get full pen and rule the servers?!?!?! as i said before NOT GONNA HAPPEN i also stated after the 1st 24-48 hours after everyone melted down old costumes and got some free shots at PEN that it will calm down and it did... there will be a ver small class of stupid and it will happen but the sky is not falling and 100's of people running around with full PEN is not happening just as i said.

We are losing confidence in the devs.<----- You may be and the other minority of Ban P2W players (stress minority) may be because it is not what you want, but you dont speak for me or the other 80% of the players that play and enjoy BDO. this is the main reason i jump on here and continue.

the game will DIE if this doesn't stop. <------No the game is not going to DIE its not going your direction and your not happy about it but again 80% of the rest of us are fine...

No one wants that.<----- referring to the game is the only thing you wrote in your post that we agree on WE differ on how we think it should be, to continue on.

I am going to let the devs know how I feel with my wallet.<----- You as a consumer has that choice, you may not you may who knows its a free market do as you wish just understand that VIP runs out then well good luck playing.

I encourage everyone else to do the same.<--- That is why i am here saying what i am, using some sort of common sense to get those just peeking in here to read something other than negativity and doom and gloom the sky is falling

#945 reconkangas, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    IWalkAlone likes this.
  6. Malketaz

Good lord you are out of touch with reality.

Ruffe likes this.
  7. Mibou59

you do not listen to your community.

8. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

I love how some of these freeloaders call others freeloaders and are begging everyone to stay with their edgy insults. Nope son, with the quit wave, your mom's gonna at least have to buy you a value pack eheheh

Ruffe likes this.
  9. Chun-Chun

Chun-Chun ChunChun Sorceress 61 EU

to pearl abyss?

Clearly not to your playerbase. But then again, don't think anybody expected you, kakao, the company without any integity, to listen to the playerbase. You never actually listened to the playerbase anyway...

Ruffe and Mana_Mafia like this.
  10. BANiSH

So let me think this further.

Either Kakao DOES HAVE the tools to influence decisions and didn't do anything about it, hence lied to us when they said Valks Cry won't ever be added to the game. OR
    They DO NOT have any influence about decisions and therefore gave us false promises two years ago when we picked up the game.

Which one is it?

WhySoSeeryus, Ruffe and Mana_Mafia like this.
  11. Zogre

I don't know if you are listening, or if this feedback I will give will ever be recorded, but I truly want to give some constructive feedback.

This game, at its core and ignoring the cash shop elements, is an amazing game - nothing else out there like it. That's why there is so much rage at the recent cash shop elements which have ended the debate on whether the game was p2w or not. I feel like this is the wrong direction to be taken purely from a business standpoint.

Why?

Look at a game like Archeage after it went p2w. Not very successful.

What are the most successful games today? Games like DOTA 2, LoL, Smite, Overwatch etc... Why? Because they have almost no financial barrier to entry and it is skill which truly dictates who wins in competitive PvP matchups. No amount of money you spend will give you a gear or combat advantage. I know these aren't MMOs, but there's no reason why an MMO couldn't follow this direction. So how do those aforementioned games have such huge international player-bases while remaining very profitable? You have to pay for nice cosmetic items. This simple feature dictates their entire business model. And it works, while not affecting the actual gameplay.

It just seems to me that this is the most logical and most suitable business model for BDO to pursue, rather than allowing cron stones to be obtained from purchasing costumes. BDO has amazing graphics, so building the business model around a huge variety of rich and detailed cosmetic additions would be ideal and have more potential in this game compared to any other. All the other cash shop stuff, including artisan memories, was tolerable until this costume for cron stones change.

Thanks.

Ruffe, Reyer and [Fenrix] like this.
  12. Atron

Holly crap, you don't even have things sorted out in your own house so that CMs have to even moderate each others posts?

Anway Kiss good bye to any positive feedback on any new game you publish.

Even if i will have no intention to play it i will take the time to create forum account / reddit and make posts about your company / BDO time line and all them lies and broken promisses you have made in past few years.

Ruffe likes this.
  13. Sorrow4u/Mazur

Dont wory we have ss in case u lose it ^^

14. Solsi

This amount of absurd cash shop advantage + p2w is far to much for me personally. Completely lost interest in the game and supporting it any further. I played this game since launch, spent as decent amount of cash on it but after recent patch I uninstalled Black Desert Online.

I'm sure these changes are final, so highly doubt complaining and raging about it non stop will make a difference.

I do respect developers&publishers decisions and authority to make any changes they want anyhow. It's their game after all. But for me, it sadly means I wont be playing BDO any more. I'm not happy or comfortable playing any mmoprg with this amount of p2w. That's my feedback.

Ruffe and shidoxen like this.
  15. LacieBaskerville

Don't bring up the arguement with the number from your imagination my friend.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  16. Happywall

17. nuhji

pretty sure we've known for a while that everything you just said is BS

Ruffe likes this.
  18. Catastigma

So you intentionnaly Lieing to your costumer... your promise its not respected by all your strenght, so the totality of your words are worthless.....

Mana_Mafia, Ember Jane and DarkWalker like this.
  19. Hadarach

How can you say you are listening to our feedback when you are implenting several things the community didn't want and then keep them even after receiving negative feedback eg. costumemelting, renown, cc changes, siege respawn timers etc.

20. DarkWalker

#Pray4Servantes

Sorrow4u/Mazur and Mana_Mafia like this.