1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New items Mysterious Chest help

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LuccaDuka, Jun 19, 2019.

1. LuccaDuka

Does anyone know how to start this questline?

KampersOwnedYou likes this.
  2. crosspath

I would avoid those chests like if they were bearers of cancer.

Seriously, are just soiled chests. And after 100 chests maybe you get an Orkinrad.

Can tell you where can they put that "content".

Btw quest line starts in Calph, Rubin.

3. Nutter22

Agree with the above. Did the quests just to keep options open and spent 10m and 250 tin ingots and 250 powder of darkness basically to get a soiled chest of which I now need another 99 to get anything decent. Also the quest line is actually warning you against them / gambling but if you're determined NPC Rubin has the starting quest. He's out front of the Calpheon bank.

Fateneko likes this.
  4. 2monthslatenonamesleft

warriors and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  5. OrionHntr

How disappointed I was after killing 1000 mobs to get a chest only to get one lousy remnant. Just one. SMH.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Didn't you get the benefits of the mobs killing, aka loot and xp+sp ?

This said, unless you never grind, it means you keep doing what you already do and are guaranteed an acessory drop.

I'm not talking about buying, just grinding. In this context this item is a straight guaranteed income buff.

Boink and Ѧ| Chaotic like this.
  7. crosspath

"Guaranteed an accessory drop" after 100 days of doing one quest, and in the box crap accessories are included, no need further explanation... Nor a reply...

"Keep killing weasels, you get xp and sp isn't it? After 10 years killing them you will save enough to buy a TRI ogre cause weasel's grey loot is guarantee silver.".

Have to stop reading the forum without login in...

#7 crosspath, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
    KatieXKhaos69 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Have you ever played BDO, I mean the same game where a great marni stone guarantees an accessory after 60k kills or the game where you need to gather tens of thousand logs to craft a boat ...

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Ah you mean the rng marnie stone that some people have still not obtained even one of.

Draconnix likes this.
  10. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

You don't use normal marni stones past lvl 62 so it was not really a problem.

11. Darlgon

You start it with that arrogant herald dude in Calpheon

You are doing it wrong, if thats the way you do it Killing mobs for a drop is a bonus. Your guaranteed is to do either the daily kill quest or the daily lifeskill quest for the dorf in the workshop thats part of the initial questline..

12. Kath01

How do I get a Mysterious chest?
    I started the quesline from Rubin and now I'm stuck at quest "What is a Mysterious Chest?".
    This quest wants me to get a mysterious chest, but how do I get one of those chests, when I'm not able to do the daily?
    In order to do the daily, I need to finish the Rubin questline.

Isn´t that a deadlock? Or do I miss something here?

13. Darlgon

You missed something. According to the patch notes, the questline reads:
    "The quests can be accepted from Rubin the Herald of Calpheon with a character of LV. 50 and above. You will be able to obtain knowledge of Mysterious Chests while you progress through the quests.

• Profitable Information

• Selfish Nobles

• You Better Pay Me Back

• Dirt Poor

• Really?

• What is a Mysterious Chest?

• According to What I Know"
    If you didnt go to Ephreria Ridge, you got the wrong quest If you did..and then spent your 100K gold bar. Then,you have to give the dorf 250 tin and 250 Trace of Darkness. Then you should have opened a shabby mysterious chest. Give the shard back to the herald.

14. OrionHntr

There is no "wrong" quest. It's a choice. You either take the quest to kill a 1000 mobs or the quest to gather materials. Same result.

15. Darlgon

Mine is only 800 Treants, but.. thats besides the fact. If he thinks he is deadlocked, he needs to drop and reget the quest.

16. Kath01

Thanks. I really had to forfeit the quest, something messed up I believe.
    Now I was able to talk to Brahm for the kill mobs/give materials quest.

1000 catfish it is!

Darlgon likes this.
  17. KampersOwnedYou

It’s a pointless update once again too many people falling for it. If you buy the chests in heidel it will cost you 13mil and you will most likely get remnants whatever it’s called. You need 100 of these to get one chest which = 1 accessory. If you do the quests then the chests cost you 10 mil and as above you will mostly get the remnants. So 10 mil times 100 = 1 billion silver. So that’s one billion silver for one accessory which is worth way way less could be worth 5 mil. Even if you get lucky and get a few accessories straight up it’s still not worth the 10 mil gamble as you will probably get an accessory worth less. The update was pointless and honestly everyone who has wasted days of gameplay trying to figure out how to even start the mission has wasted a lot of possible play time silver from doing other activities in game.

18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

It took you days you figure how to start it ? I clicked on "navigate to objective" button in a second. But it's ok, you only joined in 2016, you still need some time to learn game basics.

19. Boink

It's great for alts. I got the daily quest in hexe and still working on my evade earring. It's a good addition.

Like people said don't gamble with the mysterious just do the quest cough in the 100g (I got a basi from it).

20. KampersOwnedYou

No smileybones it didn’t take me days to do it but from everything above it seems that is the case for many. Even in server chat it’s just constant people asking how to start that quest and where the NPC is. I need no further time to learn about this game. I already know enough about it to play comfortably. Admittedly the game lacks direct information massively hence so many people asking about stuff but the game is good fun best of its kind imo but still needs a lot of work. I don’t do sly digs like yourself but all well and good to you if you did it that easy. Still you’ve wasted your time and silver because you’re basically paying 100s of millions to much for a base accessory Happy bdo’ing :)