1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New mounts?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WickedRecluse, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

They actually have a different mount IG already besides horse/donkey/elephant. There are NPC's riding the basin looking things in Calpheon and they have the chocobo's in Kama.

2. Narsi

i would hate if they add some silly mounts ... however.... having only horses is very boring.

if we can ride pegasus ... why we cannot have griphon or some other fantasy monsters?

3. Lomacs

Lomacs Lomacs Tamer 61 EU

And now we also have fairy :D

4. Reyer

Only if i get Half-petrified miner as a mount.

5. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

You made your point, and I said as much. I wasn't counting them because they're only useful for the most useless region in the game that not a lot of people traverse unless they're A- trading there, B - doing the Valencian quest-line, or C - like to grind there. For the most part in the rest of the world which makes up 80% horses are used. So if you want to be specific and count camels and elephants that's fine, but a lot of players use them significantly less than horses, and like I said camels and elephants aren't really creative either. Would it have been nice for them to make elephants actually as good as horses for regular travel? Yeah that would have been nice, but that's not the case.

Its a matter of taste really. If they had actually stuck with the European medieval/middle ages theme then I would respect the fact that they decided to stick with just horses as the only mount available besides elephants/camels; however, they've been deviating from that theme regardless with all of the fantasy elements in the game. The world bosses don't cater to the theme, many of the outfits don't cater to the theme, and then not to mention the classes that we have such as Musa/maewha, tamer, ninja/kunoichi, striker/mystic, lahn, don't fit that theme either. Oh, and not to mention elves. Yeah the Kamasylvan region sure as hell isn't European/ middle ages, and that new region we're getting with dragons isn't either. I find it laughable that they still claim to have that theme going on for the game, when a ton of content they have implemented in the game goes completely against it. So yeah, at this point I think it'd be acceptable if they started introducing more variable, crazy and creative mounts.

For example, why not a dragon mount? Or a tiger? Panda? Hell, ever since playing old Korean MMOs I've wanted to have a dinosaur mount.

6. Life Aries

If dragons and elves aren't a part of European middle-ages folklore, where do they come from?

7. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

You know folklore are just stories right? We're talking about an actual European/ middle age theme. Elves and dragons didn't actually exist in the middle ages.

My argument still stands that this game has more fantastical elements, and that it doesn't stick realistically with the European middle-age theme. Because of that it'd be perfectly reasonable to start introducing different and more outlandish mounts. That doesn't even cover all of the other whimsical or other cultural content they have in the game either.

8. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

Dragons have been part of European folklore since the Roman times, if not further before that. Can't speak for the continentals but in the UK dragons have been a very prominent part of our folklore and history to the point that they appear on some coat of arms as well as having a mountain named after a dragon. Elves have also been part of European folklore for centuries, going back as far as the time of the Celts. They've generally been associated with beings that dwell deep inside the forests

BDO very much has a Medieval setting, just because we have a fantasy setting doesn't mean we need to go down the path of games like Tera and have mounts that are police cars, pigs, flying carpets and giant lumbering green mushroom creatures.

9. Acheros

considering the whole basis of mounts and their tier system is speed progression, i can't imagine them implementing a stone crab with drift/instant accel, you know?

10. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

All you're doing is repeating what the previous person said to me. It doesn't change anything.

Besides, doesn't look or feel like a medieval setting to me. Especially with people running around wearing cosplay costumes, lingerie, prom-dresses, and stilettos. Not to mention all of the Asian-inspired characters spinning around doing their martial arts.

And so why not have the cars, pigs, and flying carpets? There are already dragons, elves, monsters, and flying horses. They can put those things out in the wild and let us tame and tier them up just like with the horses. They have no reason to other than pretending this is a true European/ medieval themed game and being lazy and lacking creativity. Like I said, no reason to since they've deviated enough from their 'medieval' theme.