1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Notification - how to turn off?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by ClearArrow, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Kachu

Most games try to make changes that improve a player's quality of life. BDO is doing the exact opposite. You just keep unnecessarily picking at the UI and acting like you've done us a favor or that we asked for it... who is asking? Adding annoying, relentless pop ups, burying info behind many clicks when one would do, making a UI that we can edit save the most annoying parts that no one wants to look at, making things constantly pulsate or adding glitter to everything like the game is a damn baby toy that needs to dazzle us... seriously what the hell are you guys thinking?

If I had a choice, which I don't, I'd shut off ALL pop ups. The weight notice, even as a glowing pulsating anvil, is annoying af. It didn't also need a pop up. The notice telling us we have higher ranked item in our inventory is completely useless. I can only imagine you guys thought this might be some great idea for noobs to know they got a better drop than the crap they are wearing, but what about veteran players- or even someone who's played a week? You guys have no idea how often people *choose* to take off their higher gear to fish, hunt, gather, cook, do a variety or life skills or even just run around. These changes are like mosquitoes you have to constantly try and swat away and a bad idea. If you really want to make the players happy with your UI, make every single piece of it movable and give every single part an on/off option. THAT is what a customizeable UI actually is.

Traxxle, Rygart, Deri and 6 others like this.
  2. Hearts

Hearts Valkyrie 62 EU

Except when you do trading and are overweight all the time on purpose...

magret likes this.
  3. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

My favorite part is that this is triggered by my DUO Trina Axe when I have TET Dande, Kzarka, and Nouver equipped.

4. SnakeAttack

SnakeAttack Wizard 61 NA

Love how they keep adding ridiculous and pointless changes nobody asked for, along with "make the camera climb up my character's nose every time I switch"

Brilliant.

AtomicPotato and Ventesa like this.
  5. Spartakatz

A new hunting monster appeared!
    Your inventory is almost at its weight limit!
    You have better gear in your inventory!
    New black spirit quest available!
    There's a reward to collect!

lol

chinobino and TarkusBlack like this.
  6. yukishiro1

"How can we screw something up this week?"

"Let's add some new notifications nobody wants and break the market notifications in the process, the only notifications anyone actually pays attention to!"

"Excellent! I knew there was some reason we kept you on the payroll!"

7. Korvgubben

There is an option called "keep last notification" that when toggled off makes the marketplace notifications go away in 2-3 sec.

After yesterdays patch however you can only reach this option after getting a notification as the button is missing otherwise...

8. Yemeth26

i don't understand, why this notification? what is it for???is necessary? diocane

9. Feyti

Please remove that crap.

Have been looking for a way to do so far too long yesterday. there is NO reason for this to be impossible to disable !
    It's a freaking notification ffs in EVERY OS notifications are possible to disable and manage.
    EVERY ONE of them...
    Be it IOS, android, windows, os x. The whole purpose is to be able to manage them as it is an invasive feature and NOT everybody likes that.

Korvgubben and TarkusBlack like this.
  10. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Fair point, but i don't lifeskill at all, so that doesn't matter for me personally.

11. ClearArrow

ClearArrow Ranger 63

Wait I got more:

I think the game is trying to tell me I'm nearing 100% weight.

InkedInked2018-09-13_656527479_LI.jpg

Souljester, III, Rygart and 3 others like this.
  12. III

III

I do lots of life skills and I find this really annoying everytime I switch gear... Also the one that says I have a reward to collect, when I can only collect that on a character that's level 56 or below, and I don't play any characters level 56 or below.

TarkusBlack and Korvgubben like this.
  13. Capitaine Courage

Well, the fact that they decided to put such notification in game just tells long about the level of intelligence Pearl Abyss expects from its playerbase.
    Wake up.

14. Korvgubben

Jesus they rly put back the text too... WHY!? Text should pop-up when you hover the cursor over the weight icon NOT BE VISIBLE ALL THE TIME!

I dont know how to communicate with these ppl without being rude anymore... How can some1 who has no experience with gaming whatsoever be in charge of their updates and how can NOONE of the ppl working there have enough sense of pride in their work to tell the one in charge that what they are doing is WRONG?

15. magret

not sure who is to blame though.
    I've seen people complaining of not being warned enough when they pick their money market without VP when they are overweight, their workers have stoped, their custom colors are gone and they have to click an extra pop up telling that they are paying more taxes when cashing at the MP. Now we're plagued with more annoyng messages.

Maybe the intent is to reduce the flow of moronic tickets too.

+ greed ofc. as long as people pay the more they are told to, they gonna tell more

i remember the first time they put on the weight notification, i trusted i would find an option and i did, the only complaint we could have was that it was turned on by default and pretty much useless. Nobody would have turned it on on purpose.

Now when I see those notifications, i trust i won't find an option. Clearly Something has gone to ****.

Korvgubben likes this.
  16. Dawe1990

lol all stupid thinks go up thre and when i put items on notice they dont pop up nice skill kakao

17. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I am sure I am not the only person annoyed with this new addition to the UI. Please get rid of it or allow us to turn it off. The constant popout is tantamount to bullying. Trying to force people to the pearl shop to buy more weight or inventory space. I find it to be intrusive and breaks my immersion in the game. Isn't it enough to have the red weight and flashing writing in top right to let us know that we are overweight? I also do not need to be told when a new hunting creature is available or that I have a better item in my inventory. It is getting to the point of frustration for me and this on top of the p2w ******** it leading me to consider quitting after playing since launch.

C4rdinal, Prochilles, Zozi and 6 others like this.
  18. jaygrae

Ugh, I thought I was the only one. I've been searching non stop trying to find options to TURN THAT CRAP OFF!!!
    WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS GAME GUYS??? SERIOUSLY.

Prochilles, Crazyz, Nocturnus and 2 others like this.
  19. 2Cents

@CM's should be aware of the discrepancy in weight issue. The amount of weight I have displayed on the top pop up doesn't always match the lower amount. The message on top displays sometimes wildly wrong numbers.

20. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I
    I do not care about any discrepancy I just want the popouts on the bottom left gone. They are extremely annoying and not necessary.