1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ocean Update Wind factor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DogLover14, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DogLover14

Get rid of it, makes it so if you even have about 250 wind going against the direction youre trying to go in you literally get nowhere......dumbest mechanic ever. Forces you to waste even more ship stamina by zig-zagging around everywhere to avoid it.....

Factorial likes this.
  2. Lord_Xenon

Don't folding the sails work for that?

3. DogLover14

No, thats a whole different mechanic in itself which is also just as dumb. Current, sail folding, wind, all pointless. Sure it might make it seem more "realistic" but in the end its still a game so why take something that was perfect and make it worse? Its the whole "If it aint broke dont fix it" concept allover again, but in spades!

MoonDance17 likes this.
  4. Aglaja

I actually quite like that addition, and sail folding does work when wind is against you. What is missing is an ability to fold/unfold a sail with a keyboard shortcut, well, at least i can't find it. I like that sailing is a bit more realistic now. Ofc there is still a lot to work on, such as rations system (i get the feeling they disappear a little bit too quickly), sailing exp outside of margoria/ross sea territory, or goddamn zigzag autopathing.

5. OnlyLAGcanKILLme

How about better reward for Great Ocean content? I don't feel like sailing for mediocore reward.

6. JRLEA

I like the idea of the new sailing system but it just doesn't work well in it's current state. I have only found a "Wind Path" that has gone in my favor a few times. Yes, I pull up the sails but still isn't enough to fight it all the way from Port Ratt or other long trips. I end up running out of Rations (which is also expensive) and then I go even slower with no skills. Took me almost 2 hours to get back from PR in a Sailboat because all I found was the wind and current were against me the whole time. They need give us a map with wind/current conditions to help us plot a course instead of blindly sailing around and just hoping we get a good path.

7. Aglaja

Do You sail with ur sailors clothes on? I'm thinking maybe wind and waves factor is changed by Mermaid's Wish spell? From what i've seen wind seems to be more in my favour when i have sailor's clothes +1 on, but i need to do some more testing .

8. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Sail folding does not work, and NO on mermaids wish, thats for ghost ships has nothing to do with anything else It doesnt matter plus whatever your wearing with the stupid wind mechanics you either know which direction the currents are flowing or you dont which at this time nobody has a clue, dumbest addition I have ever seen in any game ever, the devs are on crack or something.

9. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

Actually, folding sails work. If you have current and wind against you you will get very slow. Of course with Bartalis old sailboat thingy you don't go anywhere if that happens since its stats are... just crap.

10. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Headwind - fomd sails
    Headcurrent - there you go snailing

Aglaja likes this.