1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New pearl item Perfume of Erasure is stupid

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GamePois0n, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Oo

Am I dreaming? People really cares about a name on their equipment?

onaco, Andaro and MoonDance17 like this.
  2. Graugus

I don't know man, I mean they do metrics all the time in this game and judging by some of the people I see sitting around hitting pens all day on certain channels I hoestly don't think they care about the achievement of hitting a pen within the game just silver/the thrill of gambling to them. I can't tell you how many guild members have linked pens that were purchased with names like "DicSauce" and CumbackidxX on the items. You be surprised by the stuff people are bothered by in the game (I get irritated seeing people wearing "Raybans" in a fantasy type world).

It's something a lot of people have been wanting since the naming of pen items hit the game and honestly the only thing I can argue about on the item is the price. $10.00 is a bit extreme, I would say $5.00 is okay and hopefully this works on all items to include accessories. On a note, you can buy items to change pet and horse names so we kinda knew this was coming.

#22 Graugus, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  3. asdsadfas

I mean at the end of the day, wasn't this a problem that was created by the players? I don't think when they created the system that so many people would want the names removed from the PENs so they can make money by selling an item to remove it later down the line. They saw something that players want, they took the effort to code it in, and at the end of the day it literally doesn't affect anything you do in game, nor give you any sort of advantage.

Graugus likes this.
  4. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

Problem is - players who demand something, demand its for free.

5. asdsadfas

Pretty much.

The only real complaint I have from this is that I think they said they put the names there to honor the players accomplishment blah blah blah on someone's ticket

then put a price tag on that accomplishment. probably should've just shut up and state that they're adding an item in game instead of making up some mumbo jumbo that only makes ur company look bad.

6. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

bug or no bug, doesn't change the fact that it used to be free just by simply move to the marketplace. they still charging for something that used to be a bug, THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE ANY MORE SENSE THAN BEFORE, you CHARGE for something that used to be a BUG??? D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<D:<

7. Andaro

Ambassador

That is correct. You asked for it, and you got it.
    Be careful what you wish for, cause some things are doable. :P

Anywho, ....this item I feel it legit.
    Players work super hard or get super lucky to achieve PEN, and having their name engraved is a treasure.
    That you come along and just buy that treasure and try to remove someone elses accomplishments isn't as meaningful.
    Therefore, since you want to take away someones treasure, you should give back a treasure. Your 10 bucks to support the game.

Thanks!

PS. Those out there harping about a meaningless item like this which removes an engraving that you are 99% of the time never going to notice and never going to look at daily (awe *stare* my name on my sword..... havent seen that in, well I can't remember when owo)........ Would you rather have this? Or have some P2W items? Because we can definitely suggest P2W items if you would rather have those instead.

#27 Andaro, Jan 27, 2021
    Graugus likes this.
  8. MADE

Yes, there are loot of stupid players, this is a video game after all.

And I don't see the complain either, a pearl item like this way literately asked, they added it, so what's the problem? And it's even cheap.

If anything people should complain about they waste their time on pointless things like this, instead of adding more costumes...

9. Gooyoung

Everyone asked for the removal of creator name when it is sold

Nobody ask for item that removes name by spending real money except for the CEO and shareholders who thought "HMMM how to milk player even further"

Player work super hard to get PEN sure, but player also work super hard to save up 15 billion silver, does it make the long hour and grinding meaninglless?

You're just merely stealing a treasure? You already paid the price for the 'treasure' in form of 15 BIL. if you think the treasure is worth more than that, then just don't sell.

Also, if it is indeed meaningless, why not remove the name fully? The same statement could be directly used for the opposing idea too. Why would the game even need to put name? You don't even notice yourself like OwO this is my sword I build it. I can prove it my name is here LOOOK AT MY LINKED PEN KZARKA. Putting name on item is pointless.

Lastly, to finalize a point to show how it is pointless to put names, imagine this. 10 bucks pearl shop item that can put your name on a PEN item that you create. Do you think people will buy that? Will there be more people demanding PEN to have their names? Definitely a big NO.

#29 Gooyoung, Jan 27, 2021
    Factorial likes this.
  10. Kinnaj7

Like...if i sell that weapon i dont give a damn about someone wiping name out of it. If anything, its just sentimental value about few pixels in the game. If someone wants to delete name of the creator , cool , he is supporting the game by paying for it.

11. SSIJ

Bla bla bla. PEN = p2w ("super hard") or super extra hiper luck. Nothing more. So maybe do small change: pen creator name on item BUT ONLY ON PEN CREATED WITHOUT CRONES (at any enchant stage).
    With crones there is no challenge. Pay 1000 USD per item or grind one year and buy crones from blacksmith.
    Treasure? This game don't have any treasue and any hard to gain items. Almost all mobs who drop treasure part can be one hitted. Where is the difficulty? It's just a waste of hundreds of hours of time that could be devoted to something more valuable.

Factorial likes this.
  12. Gooyoung

The complain mostly is from dissatisfaction of how much every stuff is made into microtransactions. People play game to be fun and yes, companies need to make profit but company need to balance between prioritizing profit or prioritizing player.

Prioritize too much profit will create player dissatisfaction. Prioritizing too much on player will decrease company return on investment.

At this point, nobody can doubt that BDO's total profit to Pearl Abyss is already multiple times more than what they invest, and yet they did really poor in player satisfaction and building positive relationship with players.

This name removal item is definitely a strong indicator that player is still not a priority as a simple not even convenience item is being monetized. If people don't complain, PA will definitely keep trying to push the limit on how much they can monetize. Complaints about this is actually needed to let the PA decision makers know how the response is. No complaint = no problem, so next maybe they will add pearl item to autocook idk maybe some people will defend it too :D

it's like relationship in real life, with PA being the boyfriend that keep minmaxing amount of dinner money they need to spend with sexy time they get and keep trying to spend less and less money on dinner and gift instead of making a relationship where the couple support each other. PA is just creating a toxic relationship. As a result, many player stay here either because theres no competitor to BDO or they spent too much time, effort, and money instead of staying because the game is actually fun. Spending money on game isn't because of they want to support the game and they want the item, but because they NEED the item to have a minimum amount of fun. I doubt there's any player that is actually satisfied with what they pay for in BDO

If PA want to make healthy relationship, nobody would complain about costume. Player will definitely pay, just look at Warframe as example where they mainly use cosmetics as the endgame P2W, and conveniences aren't blocked by RMT. Dota and League too, no P2W other than cosmetics and wow they miraculously survive without putting limit 5 match for free user per day and need to pay for more.

#32 Gooyoung, Jan 27, 2021
    Factorial, Jinoro and MoonDance17 like this.
  13. BeastHunter

Kakao trynna make any money possible before leaving it seems.

14. Factorial

Nobody:
    Pearl abyss: let's charge people money for something that was there that we removed; like the scum we are

So basically, this now opens the door where pearl abyss can arbitrarily remove a feature then bring it back with a pay wall. Nobody asks for this kind of abuse. Thinking that anyone wanted to be scammed like this is pretty evil.

Jinoro likes this.
  15. MADE

But people literately asked for a pearl item.
    And they literately got it.

I don't see any point here.
    It's not even P2W.
    They could've just ignored them. It's a game feature to have the creator name on it, deal with it. But after years, they answered to their asking, and implemented a feature for that, and they ask the cost of it from those who use it. Where is the problem? If you don't like it, don't use it lol..

16. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

This is on pearl abyss not kakao

Jinoro likes this.
  17. Gooyoung

Who even ask for a pearl instead of it being a QOL changes? Education must be failing so badly at this point

And no, please don't call it a 'feature'. "Feature" have a positive connotation to it. What they did is add "inconvenience" and add the "optional paid feature" when there's already so much income source for BDO.

What they did is just change a small code worth 3 minutes of work. Making it free bugfix won't hurt anyone. Ask yourself when was the last time players are actually happy in unison about a change or new feature introduced? They had a chance with family inventory, lot of player were happy, but yet they screw it up so badly, but of course in a way that there will be someone who goes "It's free stop complaining, just dont use it lol"

You can say "If you don't like it, just dont use it LOL" on any single crappy p2w 'feature', this argument is legit pointless. It shows toxicity and unwillingness to improve

#37 Gooyoung, Jan 27, 2021
    Siesina Kujisawa likes this.
  18. Paric

Well to be honest there should never be a way to remove the creators name from Pen items to start with, however since there semms to be demand for it PA decided to capitalize on it which is smart i just think that they should charge more for it.

19. Gooyoung

You made a typo there, fixed it for you

Yes, nobody asks for an item to have names on it, especially on game where so many people use weird childish family names. They should just pay if they want their names engraved on it - Literally nobody

20. asdsadfas

https://community.blackdesertonline...o-remove-name-engraving-off-pen-items.529648/

Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Pretty sure they teach you that if you close your eyes things don't just disappear in kindergarden....

and yes, removing a name from a pen item is very p2w.