1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response New player questions

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Celthon, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Celthon

Just downloaded the game yesterday (06/07/2019) and played a few hours and need some clarification about some things:

> When I looked for information about getting a house I have seen the words 'rent' and 'buy' used in various sources...when I pay for the house in a city is it a one-time payment, or do I have to pay again later to keep the house?

> Same question regarding 'nodes'...I need to spend 'contribution points' to use a node -- do I have to pay that repeatedly or just one-time?

> If my inventory in my backpack is enlarged via something that has a limited timer on it, and I have something in one of those slots when the timer runs out, what happens to the item(s) in that slot?

> Regarding 'wars' over nodes and areas, etc. -- if I am not in a Guild, and an area/node/farm, etc. shows as being owned/controlled by a Guild when I look at the information for it, how does that affect my ability to use the node or farm? Do I have to be a member of that Guild to use the node/farm, etc.?

> I understand that my character's 'energy' replenishes over time...but what about 'contribution points'...do they replenish over time, or do I have to earn more?

> I am on one of the servers for 'rookies', where I get increased experience, etc. -- it indicates I will only be able to use that server for a limited time...at the end of that time will the character automatically transfer to another 'non-rookie' server, or will I have to buy some sort of transfer token?

> Being that I am brand-new, and this is my first character, I figure I'll most likely make mistakes in spending points on skills and that sort of thing -- if I delete a character will I be able to re-use my character's name right away?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

#1 Celthon, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    GreyRebel likes this.
  2. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

It's a one-time "investment" when it comes to Contribution Points (CP).

CP aren't permanently spend. If you want to change a house, node, etc. you can regain your CP and use it elsewhere, but that of course makes the house, node, etc. unavailable until you invest CP into it again. Certain housing items (flooring, walls) and Energy invested in a node will disappear when you remove your CP.
    They become unavailable to use directly, but you can freely move them into your available slots in case you need the item.
    Owning a node is only important for Node Wars, anything else regarding the usage of nodes is not restricted by it.
    You have to earn more or relocate your CP.
    You can freely change 'servers' (they're more akin to channels than physical servers), even while having access to Olvia servers. The Olvia servers will simply become unavailable once you're past a month of playtime.
    The name is available right away, but deleting a character shouldn't be necessary.

Until lv55 you can freely change your Skill Points and you can gain more Skill Points than your character requires, although that will take a lot of time to grind. Once you hit lv56 you can either way use 2000 Loyalties on a skill reset or, when you hit lv56, finish your awakening questline to get that item for free.
    You could continue to level other characters to 56, if you need one for free, or spend actual money on it, but with class guides / discords you shouldn't really have a need for that.

Stillwaters and GreyRebel like this.
  3. Celthon

Thank you for the reply and information; and I apologize for having posted this in incorrect section of the forum.

4. GM Riptyre

Game Master

Hey @Celthon :)

I see that Alterist has already gone ahead and answered all your questions on the matter, that's great! :) If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask ^^ Have a great day!

Celthon likes this.
  5. Celthon

Clarification about 'changing servers': will switching servers have any affect on my workers, houses/workshops and storage? I presume I would need to make sure workers are not currently doing any jobs before I switch, correct? Or does that matter?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

6. Findubar

Only if you switch from NA to EU or vice versa. Changing channels does not affect them.

Celthon likes this.
  7. Celthon

Thank you!