1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New potion CD: 2 seconds

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dremlock, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Catastigma

Valk can perfectly chase people. not infinitly but enough. also dont forgot that it is also our case. If any flee, it is all profitable for us ,we have a good sustain heal. the need for poke damage before do a combo, we have this tools. DOT damage for a little diminish heal pots. we have this possibility.

More is difficult. better is.

and we must stop thinking only for present. There will necessarily big patch of class in the coming months.

We are on a mmorpg. Nothing is definitive.

#41 Catastigma, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. Törni

My fairy got the 3 sec version and after that she also got the Feathery Steps V (125% weight limit)... I don't know what to do now...

3. Thranduil

We valks are in the trash tier so, nothing really changes. We had good healing skills, but now everyone can just run use pots and come back.

Well i'm even starting to like lifeskilling, maybe it's time to get a ship and join the sea hunting shenanigans.

4. yukishiro1

Also reduced DR in PVP to make people even squishier meaning pots are more important.

5. Rayin

That's even an indirect buff to ranged classes, now their damage from the distance has been increased so if Melee classes couldn't catch them without dying under multiple arrows, blasts, molotovs and grenades, now they can go to sùck the multiple arrows, blasts, molotovs and grenades which are lying in their pants.

Hennyman and RageAgainst like this.
  6. 2Cents

This is why you need industry experts to help design your game.

Potion Spam: Has been around for a long time. It's general path is always the same. It gets revamped several times over the years and works like this..........

End Result: After bumbling around with the settings and realizing SPAM pot PVP is terrible design they generally end with 2 types. A lingering regen effect potion and limited use HP. Lineage II was a great example of this. At one point it was a complete spam fest of two types of potions. A protective shield for pvp and HP.

Spamming Potions: will always be inferior to proper design that limits them accordingly. BDO in fact already went through this phase and ended up increasing the reuse timers.

Any good developer should already know this and know better than to think this is a solution to anything. All it demonstrates is that you are not qualified for your job.

Reyer, Hennyman, Korvgubben and 2 others like this.
  7. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

That was already the case tbf

8. Extrabone

Extrabone Ranger 61

This game is becoming more and more hack n'slash after each patch. Game is turning into Diablo, but at least that game had some form of content.

Auralexia likes this.
  9. Zaolee

Wow:

-3v3 arenas
    -No potions allowed
    -Gear is identical which means it's skill instead gear based.
    -All classes capable hitting glad. You can't complain about balance if you're only 1.4k scrub.

Can't wait for bfa. I'm done with this nonpvp game.

WoWisBest likes this.
  10. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 63 EU

The whole idea about this ludicrous business of manic pot consumption is a true disgrace and anyone who "conceived" it as (major) a game mechanic should be certainly fired, preferably after being tarred and feathered. Are they even serious? Is this what the "modern and innovative" BDO is all about? Well, of course, on top of the gigantic pile of poop they have managed to build during its 3+ years of existence.

I guess... these guys never fail to "impress" with their "solutions" and strong dedication for an "evolving and engaging gaming experience", hah. :D

Auralexia and Kenwulf like this.
  11. iller

Literally since launch the main and only criticism of Potions was that their Cooldowns were too QUICK.
    Same sh** they been doing for years, intentionally ignoring the majority opinion of the players to double down in the wrong Direction.

Scaling AP higher... removing defensive mechanics like SA / I-F's ..and making Evasion builds worthless. ..they want this game fail

12. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

People should have been asking for better PvE content. The game is not PvP centric at all. It's a AFK cash grab game. Wouldn't be surprised to hear they use coinhives while we play it AFK.

WoWisBest likes this.
  13. 2Cents

NO, just NO. His point was it makes it easier to do so, he already granted it was the case.

14. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

WHAT THE FK IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS???

This question goes out to everyone now ranting about the 2 second potions...
    Obviously the person i quoted is a very new player with no clue about what korea has already for years.
    Since Korea got those potions 2 years ago and our version was released without those PEOPLE LITERALLY HAVE BEEN CRYING, DEMANDING them to put those potions into out version. They did not do it until now...

and what do all of you retards do now? You cry that you can't one combo someone anymore?

I really have a doubt about the intelligence of a lot of the forum posters here...

15. SnakeAttack

SnakeAttack Wizard 61 NA

Am I the only one who hasnt seen a SINGLE person asking for this feature? I've seen a lot of complaints about a lot of things, but never ONCE have i seen someone ask for potion CD's to be reduced. Now suddenly they have, and people are like "YOU ASKED FOR THIS!" and im like "no, i didnt, nor did anyone i know"

16. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

I was never a fan of pot spamming in any game I ever played.
    It does nothing to make combat more enjoyable, especially in PvP its just another button for you to press every 3s (now 2) like a robot, unless you have the fairy skill.

I can understand the argument that other regions have it for ages and now it comes here, but who really wanted that in this current meta and ever expanding gear gap pushed further by renown bonuses and every other silly mechanic PA has been throwing out since they started the combat revamp.

SnakeAttack likes this.
  17. Atron

Noice :D

#57 Atron, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  18. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 62 NA

Who are you trying to fool you weren't killing him before either lmao.

WastedJoker likes this.
  19. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

don't ever raise your voice to me, son

Rayin likes this.
  20. Cedricu

No one asked for.