1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New potion CD: 2 seconds

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dremlock, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

People asked for it actually due to fairies having cheer V.

It has also been brought up multiple times as well in the past as to why we dont have them but other regions do.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

it was good thing we didnt have them

Kenwulf likes this.
  3. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

Since their release in korea they have been requested for our version as well. Eventually people stopped requesting them and went along with it.

But be sure there were a lot of people in the old forum that asked for them more than once. I don't suck such things out of my fingertips. I have been playing since release and following the topics in the forum ever since.

4. SnakeAttack

SnakeAttack Wizard 61 NA

I'm not saying you made it up and I apologize if I came off that way. Therefore I also wasn't trying to say no one was asking, just that I hadn't seen it personally. Which makes me question how vehemently such a feature was demanded.

5. LogicaI

I'm fine with the change,you mean another person like me with 250+ ap and over 300 dp is going to have to have longer fights? I don't see a drawback here for me at least. I will still oneshot the ones that don't work on their gear all the same,the rest should just give me more meaningful fights,I welcome the competition.

6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

This probably works well for DK's, I had Hp pot bound to mouse wheel up, and MP bound to wheel down, always carried at least 400 Mp's and still had MP sustain issues.

Dunno what anyone needed the cheer V for.

This change may have been better if it was a class specific ability for DK's or other classes that don't have life steal, or heals in general.

7. Vanquish

this was only done to increase profit flow from fairies, like a nash tech throw, "obvious"

Blackhearted likes this.
  8. ghoulz666

Why
    Don't improve classes themselves, just force p2w options. Why play a better class who has no such problems when you can give Kashcow money? For @#$%s sake people will defend anything.

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Some people will..Where in my post do you see me defending or supporting anything that has to do with this "game"

10. Styla

Don’t forget pots are heavy and this just burns through them quicker.

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  11. 2Cents

Listen Grandpa, admit you're wrong.

SnakeAttack likes this.
  12. Kenwulf

A few people who didn't understand what they are talking about were asking for it. This is hands down the worst potion system the mmo genre has ever seen. And it's not there for any gameplay reasons. It's there to force people into buying more weight limit and fairies. This is a freaking disgrace. PA had gone way too far with this.

13. Lyken

WHY AGAIN WP POTS USERS ARE %$^^%% UP AGAIN ???

14. 2Cents

I can't see any significant improvement from PVP in Diablo 1.

In fact Rappelz ridiculous system is probably the closest to BDO.
    1. Instant Cast
    2. Mass AOE Fear
    3. Destroy
    You completely disable your opponent and kill a target that may as well be AFK.

Amazing P V P A C T I O N

15. Prochilles

So.. Bad Pvp has become Bad Pvp?

16. Caexx

all i here is waaaaaaaaaaaaaah

git gud and adapt :D

17. ghoulz666

People getting lucky and rolling out PENs or T4 fairies with auto-potions has nothing to do with getting gud and adapting.

TheYoda and SnakeAttack like this.
  18. Claydough

Eh i dont see the big deal

2 second pots have been part of the game forever, just one of those things that they never gave our version

And to those that were killing higher geared players, you more than likely just had an op class advantage

Wanna compete with high gear players? Just get your own gear, after all thats what this game is about

19. C6H5CH3

Of course it's terrible and idiotic for all the reasons already listed, but I wonder why people still act surprised about it.
    They're just continuing what they've been doing for the longest time. Ignore the general playerbase, advance AP>everything else, cement one-shot meta for the best geared.

20. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

what a bullsht XD Those potions have been there way before the fairy and obviously the koreans didn't need the fairy to use them. And since those potions weight the same as the regular potions, how does this make someone buy more weight limit? If they were fine with the weight before they will be fine with the weight of them now just that they get more out of it.

And btw. i have played games where the potions had no cooldown and people still got killed even with spamming them.

Honestly, i really don't understand any of you guys here. Nothing has been changed really. The one second less cooldown just makes fights a little more interesting. People actually have a chance now to get out of a cc that previously would have been a sure kill.

How often did you guys think to yourself when someone attacked you on a grind spot (without those bullsht "duell for spot" request) "damn one more potion an i could have survived that ambush and would likely turning the tides against them".
    How often did that happen? For me personally that are the moments that stay in my memory.