1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New RBF Maps! What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Andaro, Aug 8, 2020.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

too open terrain :/

Hijio likes this.
  2. Andaro

Ambassador

But wouldn't it be cool if the Griffons acted as extra points to fight over? Like some sort of giant soccer field *pepeHmm*

Muhaha likes this.
  3. Mimimimi

i fear that changing the map alone won't bring much to the acceptance of rbf.

regarding the map, i hope it can be bigger in future to allow smaller and more distributed fights to happen. i enjoy a 10v10 rbf much more than a huge clusterfuck of ccs.

apart from that i think the devs need to experiment with team balance in rbf. being crushed at the spawn isnt fun. end the round early by a winning condition or at least move the game away from the spawns by adding objectives. king of the hill, capture the flag or even being as simple as one player having over x points to end the game would be more fun than what we have currently.

rbf really needs some more love than just some new maps

4. SkullMonkey

How about all of the group PvP maps on Black Desert Mobile. They already have them made. Basically a whole set of RBF maps right there.

Eri 4 likes this.
  5. SkullMonkey

also battles in cities or maybe heidel castle

6. WhySoSeeryus

no, having to fight stealth virgin ninjers and walking rambo warriors and succ wizard nuclear bomber jets is enough. :D

Eri 4 likes this.
  7. Venour

Venour Archer 63 EU

Plia Ku Jail map

8. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

Like is it possible to put limit <3

It could be a good map for new pvp content

9. BlueSatin_old

Maybe some capture the flag to incentive a team fight, or conquering area... but that is not going to happen....

Eques3n likes this.
  10. Insidel

Any new map would be good.

Wouldn't this game deserve more?
    - new RBF modes, ranking and one instance of capped "trial" RBF
    ..and more

1v1,2v2,3v3 arenas - matchmaking, ranking...
    Almost every good MMO have this kind of content. but BDO? arenas - removed, Shadow arena - removed...

why? Yes I understand, the game is unbalance but it will NEVER be balanced... so make it that leader board is class based (every class can fight agains everyone but score is count per class).. end of session = multiple winner (per class).

11. WhySoSeeryus

With some dp builds being near immortal, how would ctf work?

12. Aysnvaust

The desert.
    Imagine people running and fighting in super slowmo. Sounds like fun.

13. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 63 EU

Since they tend to use existing locations i wanna see Hystria as RBF map.

Eri 4 likes this.
  14. Hearts

Hearts Valkyrie 62 EU

I want a rbf map with no roofs for those stupid wizards. Maybe a game mode without cancer class, would be great too.

15. WhySoSeeryus

that goes both ways.... ranged are kinda fubared when theres a ninja jumping on their back every 2 seconds and when melees close distance in 1 milisec and 2 tap them afterwards. :D

not like people climb roofs because they like roleplaying rockclimbing lifeskill that PA promised ages ago. :D

16. Muhaha

Muhaha Valkyrie 62 NA

(taken from one of my older posts. A was suppose to be area, B type of area, C was suppose to be picture, D other areas like it)

Before getting into a new area for a map, lets acknowledge issues with the current map.

1. Lots of disconnecting during rbf, just ruins rbf for some especially being locked out afterwards.
    2. Falling from spawn with only the 1-2 exits, causes spawn camping and ruins the fun, need a back door
    3. Some of the walls allow skills through them, or classes just sit on walls spamming ranged skills

1. Issues on BDO's end, seems to happen to a lot of people. Recently its been 'bad module' or some **** like that.
    2. might be fixed by creating another exit, like a path from spawn area that leads you to a drop on the mid/side of the map, walled off to keep dmg from being abused up high.
    3. fix the house/small walls from allowing skills through them, also remove wall near spawn from being climbed, to also help against spawn camping or add movement to certain classes, so they can't just spam 1 skill while sitting on walls forever.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maps/Modes types

environment
    - forest like, desert, watery/death pits (as obstacles), houses/buildings, open field, cluttered areas, multi-layered platforms, single lane/chokes, etc
    interactable - open and close pathways, set traps, etc
    scoring type - FreeForAll, Normal RBF points, King/Generals (kill a certain person at random on their team for a point, use inviso walls that move to certain points to change persons so they can't just camp spawn), siege (help people learn and get use to attacking/defending castles), domination (hold certain areas for a short period till they move around the map), etc.
    synchronous - At a certain time limit, kills, or something of the sort, a function happens. Whether its spawning mobs/bosses into the match, having a ring of a map start breaking off the edges till it gets to a small-ish center point, or some bs.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Map Areas

(a)Gyfin Temple
    (b)Kinda small-ish, open, would be perfect for adding some function that happens at certain times/kills/etc.
    (c) [​IMG]
    (d) Similar areas : Offin spawn, Star's end area by the floating black meteor, zaka spawn, navarn steppe, iron mine, giant ghost ship, giant air balloon

(a)Bloody Monastery
    (b)lots of areas and building to fight at, using the left side that goes to the mountain as spawn like areas, (would need to copy the bridge like area to the other side for more balanced spawn points). Have 1 exit at the top where the bridge thing goes into the mountain, and another below on the ground.
    (c) [​IMG]
    (d) Similar areas : serendia castle ruins, elric shrine, sarma, cron castle, watch tower, Epheria Sentry post, Trina Fort, all territory castles, maybe even cities

(a)Calpheon Waragon Cave
    (b)New environment, lots of pathways and open areas
    (c) not doing a pic for this one, too lazy to go out there.
    (d) Similar areas : Hasrah cave, Kratuga, calpheon cave near trent with calph shrine priestess, hell's well (abandoned monastery cave), pirates cave, helm's cave, Omar lava cave

(a)Elder Bridge
    (b) 1 lane to fight in, so always fighting with your team
    (c) too lazy, we all know what a bridge looks like
    (d) Similar areas : Delphe Knights Castle, an enlarged Eastern Boarder (node east of Heidel)

#36 Muhaha, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  17. Spectrari

Heidel as a city, imagine pvp parkour it can be.

18. Forgotten Fables

I would like to see.... a working game.
    I could show you cool pics of other working games.
    As it stands now, RBF is a mess. New maps will not help the fundamental flaws you have with your PvP balance, Match Making System, and Blob Warfare.

If you reduce the amount of people in your RBF matches and evenly match them based on GS brackets maybe tactics will begin to flourish, and maybe PVP, would be enjoyable and at the same time challenging. Till then, you remain 4 years behind everyone else.

19. Hijio

Hijio Shigaeki Tamer 63 EU

This thread is opened to map suggestions. Not mechanic ones. Please redirect yourself to this thread for this kind of message uwu

Best regards,

Andaro likes this.
  20. Eri 4

OwO

Since rbf is basically Castle ruins, I'll just list some areas that would be nice as maps, either functionally or aesthetically.

- Cron Castle inspired area (but with layout changed slightly since ranged classes would just climb on walls and shoot from afar, there should be alternative ways/paths of getting to them)

- Helms Post

- Sausans

- Pirates

- Protty Cave (but maybe not a cave?)

- Sycraia

- Pila Ku

- Iris Canyon (weird one, I know, but it has nice paths and it would make push points interesting... I guess

- FADUS HABITAT

- POLLY FOREST FTW!!!1!

- Even Lake Flondor if they removed the water...

- Navarn Steppe with some rework as to not be so bland.

- Grandiha

- Tshira Ruins with less ground rock/branches aids

- Blood Wolf Settlement with some terrain rework as to not be so bland.

(Offtopic but... ALSO BOOST THE ****ING REWARDS RE!!1! More money in general, more exp, more sp) :<

Also would be nice if the "capped" rbfs gave more rewards and gave you the option to choose gear from a collection so that people would actually do it and experiment with builds as well + people that have no gear could fight on even grounds. However, if it had greater rewards then people might just abuse it so it should *probably(?)* have a daily cap or something(?).

Also... BAN THE CAMOUFLAGES RE IT'S 2020 BAN THEM IN RBF ALREADY.

Edit: I think it would also be beneficial to the mode it if wasn't channel based. I think a lot more people would join in even just for fun if they didn't have to 'abandon' they main channels.

#40 Eri 4, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020