1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New region looks neat but.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by [496]SwordBreaker, Mar 6, 2020.

1. [496]SwordBreaker

Okey call me idiot call me what ever you want I just feelt I had to do this rant.

So honestly new region new classes and so on is nice and all but I wish they could just stop and sit down and have a look on what they already have and improve on it.

I played this game on and off ever sense the Korean CBT and I seen it evolved or what I could call it added **** but never finished. Honestly this game feels like it´s made by people with concentration difficulties. Like they pick up a book read it and suddenly oh look shiny reflection and forget about the book they started and then picked up another book which they also will never finish reading because they got detracted.

They game looks great and I mean it the world is stunning and it has a rely nice combat mechanics but that´s where it all ends. I mean mobs AI is not like not even there and there is not challenge to it instead what they do swarm you with monsters and make monsters in different region has a bigger health pool and hit harder just so it will be more challenge if you don´t have the correct AP/DP. But that it nothing to it what so ever.

I mean take FFXIV for example the AI have skill attacks you need to avoid or they change target or they try to go for the healer if the tank don´t keep the aggro well enough. Or like eve online where the AI mobs rely goes out to destroy you they change their behavior depending on what you do. Like you put out your drones the AI can suddenly switch target and destroy you drones to lessen the DPS you do or they will try to drain your engery so you can not rep and so on.

In BDO is like Dynasty warriors where you mindlessly press buttons so that everything you see is dead no need to change tactics or such just go on mash are you skills till your screen is empty.

Then PVP which I never tried but I heard people always complained about not being great. So maybe they should look over that work for a year or so to improve it and add to it so it becomes fun and great.

Or how about the sea fearing part sure they added some new things like ships and the trading part but there is so much more they could with it to make it something huge and fun more complex.

Or housing I mean look at ESO or FFXIV how complex housing is how how much furniture you can craft or collect trophies from bosses/Dungeons to hang on your wall. I mean looking at ESO one person spent so much time and effort and made such an awesome recreation of the big hall from Harry potter. Both games has so much furniture to craft or loot it almost becomes playing the sims in the games.

Same with crafting everything in BDO is almost per automatic sure you maybe need to go out and get logs your self but majority of gathering is handled by you workers. Same with crafting is mostly handled with out you and is mostly rely to make cash on. While you see other games make is more complex more involved like FFXIV or Shroud of avatar or Albion or Legend of Aria where crafting is more meaning full or is in it self end content like FFXIV glamour.

What im trying to say in simple terms BDO feels like they are building a house and adding new walls over and over but no furniture´s or pain on the walls They need to fill out what they built and finish it not add new empty walls over and over.

Mana_Mafia, easay9, gurghul and 2 others like this.
  2. Catastigma

I am minimalist, so I am against unnecessary furniture.

But a second wall can be useful for thermal insulation.

Joke aside.

Ordileta are exactly what you want. more challenging grind spot where you have to dodge skill and even basic attack. No more braindead grinding. ( even at Penlv20 you gonna get rekt)

Difficult content in itself has always existed in BDO but people always choose the ease, whatever. and players ask for nerf here,nerf here ect... ( AP renown exist for this reason too)

this is probably what will happen with Ash forest and the spots of Ordileta, The mass of casual plague player will complain and make these spots totally brain dead like the others.

#2 Catastigma, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    Rygart and IWalkAlone like this.
  3. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Remember the climbing and pottery life skill?

Lol

4. I'm still waiting for climbing life skill xD

5. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

1) It's not about people want easy "braindead" grind. It's just challenging mobs yield less profit.

2 ) And until we lose 1% xp and crystals than talking about challenging content is pointless anyway...

6. Catastigma

Challenge without dead penality is not a challenge.

Kauni and AZzalor like this.
  7. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

And where is reward when you overcome challenge ?

Mission objective:
    1) dont die due to desync
    2) dont die due to PK where last hit comes from mob not player.
    Mission reward:
    success:
    1) Gain less profit!
    failure:
    2) Lose even more!

Or grind is like work right ?

1) I'll pay you 100$ for easy work. you don't need put any effort and there is no risk.

2) Or i offer you second work for 50$ its very hard and risky. if you fail you have to pay me 100$ compensation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulation! You have won -50$!

This is exciting and motivating game design . I can't understand why people don't want do it. they apparently don't like challenging content. they prefer braindead grind.

Mana_Mafia, Rakjze, Venour and 5 others like this.
  8. Vanadiel

I think you will be disappointed. The tactic they use and will use in this expansion is make it "challenging" while at the same time introducing "gear enhancements" that will make the content easy.

All this expansion will be is a new zone with some fluff, followed by "new stuff" that is designed to generate revenue from the new zone.

ODB3698, Fearless V and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. PRobi

The real challenge in bdo is to face the black spirit when u are TRY to enchant. :)

ODB3698, Fearless V and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. Joungf

The game is a patchwork .... a very bad patchwork. It is a huge collection of mini games and simulations.
    No concept, no story, no logic, no coherency, no red thread that runs through the whole game, lore and character development.
    Too many half-baked features that need a serious improvement.
    AND what's worst of all, because all of those new features added every month, the game turned into any sim game but an mmorp game.

11. Vinxena

o.o

If they meant house furniture items, I'd love it.

We need multiple bedroom homes badly, and the ability to own more homes. We should be able to own a residence per town.

12. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

I have to agree that the "challenging" mobs are not rewarding and the rewards should be buffed but then again... you asked for "less challenge" while wanting more rewards. It kinda makes it the same like grinding the braindead mobs.
    Imo the only thing that makes any mobs in bdo challenging are the death penalties. I don't find dodging any hard hitting attacks or a CC really a challenge in BDO. But then again... BDO was never meant to be a challenging PvE game.. When I bought it I knew the PvE would be a brainded grind and I was never hoping for any changes here tbh.

[496]SwordBreaker likes this.
  13. Ganymede Sicard

Bdo's battlesystrm is one of its weakest points. Just grind endlessly, what's the fun in that? If a battle isn't fun then it doesn't matter how flashy or varied skills are.

Fearless V and [496]SwordBreaker like this.
  14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Back in 2017 when valencia was released, you had nobody who was able to grind hystria/aakman.

It's just a natural way of a game to keep making more difficult content for players that already mastered the previous content.

15. Joungf

That is right. Every new added area should be more difficult than the previous one and adding more powerful (and of course way more expensive) stones, gear, etc. and new way to become stronger by making the already existing ones obsolete and useless is also natural for PA / Kakao, right?
    And they have also invented new ways to keep you playing and making more money .. so ... if you already jumped on that train ...

I am read many complains about new player playing BDO for the first time. Graphic, world design is great but the rest is so disappointing.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. chendu

notwithstanding that the new access in there isn't worth the hardwork

17. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

They mentioned it early 2017 i think, and never again. So its safe to say, it will never come.

18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

So first of all, back then nothing changed in terms of progress. Players just weren't that far into the game and you had a goal to work towards to.
    Also the current gear is not becoming obsolete but it allows you to simply progress further (turning dim/rednose c10 into dead god armor).

In the end, the main "content" of this game is progression. We already had a few cases where players hit full pen and then simply quit cause there's nothing left to work towards to. Adding new ways to progress further is a nessecity in such a game.

19. Vinxena

So sad :c

Probably not.

Thanks for the reply anyway!

20. easay9

mobs that show no animations and 1 shot you because poor brainless AI are also not challengeing they are cheap

Fearless V and Ateena like this.