1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ships (Credit to u/deniros)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Calmirion, Aug 9, 2019.

1. ZyZy

The larger ship has NINE! broad side canons. The other ship shown has 4 or 6 - two of the gun doors are closed. No forward facing guns. Oh well!!!

I'm excited, but I truly hope that they at least address the desync/warping issues in sea zones before they release new content that can't support it.

KatieXKhaos69 likes this.
  2. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

This is the most stupid idea from PA yet. This is an open-world MMO. It should size things as they are.
    If they want to have us experience a larger ship, then add a larger ship to the game.
    What a pathetic excuse for a dev team.

TucoRamires, Life2v, Yumine and 2 others like this.
  3. Foo

Foo

hyped af

Grammatolo likes this.
  4. XLucaX

I like the diversity of crews.. can you see them on the ship?

Also, are those doors on the ship functional or just for show?

5. KatieXKhaos69

Guess it's time for me to start chopping. :D

6. cliveklg

Hope they are balanced with the smaller ships being faster but less health and dmg, larger ships sturdier, more weapons.

7. KatieXKhaos69

Pretty bold of you to say that, knowing they don't balance anything.

Life2v likes this.
  8. ༼༻༒༺༽

Thank you for the information, OP. The ships are glorious to look at! I think I will possibly... probably be satisfied with gearing up my Epheria Sailboat. Unless that's actually Jarette I can put to work on my ship. Be nice to pay her back for her haughty behavior. :3

KatieXKhaos69 likes this.
  9. oR-Bishop

Props for the design looks. They do look pretty sweet
    I don't want to be ungracious, since it's clear the design department is doing their part to make these look pretty.

Worries:
    1. The new ships will replace the old ones as superior trading and hunting vessels.
    2. Construction of the new ships will be as tedious or more tedious than sailboats and frigates
    3. The new ships will be obtained from P2W either by custom skins through the pearl shop or other means that require real money to acquire them
    4. The reliance of NPC gunners will ruin group sea content.
    This can be mitigated by allowing either Playing Characters (PCs) or Non-Playing Characters (NPCs) to use cannons, while giving an advantage to using PC in fire rate and/or targeting. I'm not holding out hope for this, since boat AP was removed from cannons, but still applies to ramming. If they can't work out that math, how are they to do more complex content?
    5. PAs track record for not being able to resolve bugs at sea for literally years, with many on-going, leads me to believe that this new content wil be riddle with problems. These new problems will be left unadresses as their dev team will have already moved onto the new projects. See a pattern?
    6. Although some of the new sea ideas are interesting, they seem to whole-heartedly ignore the myriad of player suggestions offered to improve sea content.
    7. The scaling of characters to the ships to give a larger feel will ultimately distract from the immersion and ultimately cause more bugs.

#29 oR-Bishop, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  10. seanas

1. Yes, they will replace the existing boats, the same way the sailboat replaced the fishing boat.
    2. This follows from (1). If it's better, it will be harder/longer to get.
    3. This is not supported by any evidence thus far: none of the previous boats have been able to be acquired with real money, or have any skins. god knows, I wish the sailboat or frigate had skins :).
    4. This is an express design goal of the new boats: "We plan to add sailors to the update to allow adventures to man the cannons on their ships while playing alone." You could read this as saying cannons _might_ be firable by players; I read it to say that the ships will be one-person ships. I would love to be wrong, though.
    5. Isn't that literally what they are doing with the Great Ocean update? Putting dev teams onto re-working the way the sea works?
    6. Eh, they're coming with a sea update as a result of player suggestions and requests. The fact that it doesn't look like what (some) players suggest, doesn't mean they're ignoring players - "we were quite taken aback by the level of interest and persistent requests for [ocean] updates"
    7. That's a bit weird, yeah, but I'll wait to see how it looks.

I'm totally looking forward to the update, I have to say. New ships, new stuff to do on the ocean and new things to look out for (sea currents, maybe trade winds). As long as the mats for the boats are all gatherable, I don't care how much work they are.

11. Blitzball

I hope they are planning to rework sea monsters aswell

Yulanda likes this.
  12. Noxidia

now this is how a sailship should look like, very nice but bound to be very expensive to make more than likely

13. Wodur

One thing is for sure, better sharpen yer axes and do the lumberjack simulator in preparation..:D

Yulanda likes this.
  14. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

I wonder if the new Sailboat and Galley gear will be gold quality or just an alternative blue set of stats. Personally I find the all black a bit moody on the sailboat/frigate so either way I'll be going for this more marine set if the stats aren't garbage. Even better if they'd make gear dyeable so it's not so bland in the Ports

15. Gun_Runner

Gun_Runner Gun_Runner 62 NA

If the new vessels don't make the sailboat/frigate obsolete, I hope the new gear is gold grade because we already have 2 sets of blue gear. Of course not looking forward to enhancing a whole new set of gears either, lol. Can remember the nightmare of getting my last set just to all +8.

Yulanda likes this.
  16. Claydough

Can you camera lock on them? And can you ram?

How does the dmg compare with cannons? And is their ram higher dmg or lower if it can ram?

17. oR-Bishop

I wish I had your enthusiam. I tried to help facilitate suggestions being passed onto devs, hundreds in fact. Every single one fell on deaf wars.
    They are completely tone deaf to player needs and desires.

The only positive thing I can expect from this update is that they will look prettier, likely for pearls.
    They have a talented design team, with brilliant artists. The rest of their teams are filled with whitless unimaginative and incompetent oafs.

18. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA