1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Skill, Counter-Grab. Suggestion

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Angélik, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

I can tell you that the Maehwa that I appreciated the most on the EU server, mainly for his skill, and that he had a full gear PEN including accessories, stopped playing because he no longer found a reason to pvp in this situation...

We dont live on duels, every class must also be useful in mass PVP, and be able to count for something, you cannot make the most important content of the game suitable only for certain classes, it loses meaning the pve and get the gear and the for spot duels, where in every case the maehwa has no important advantage, if I run away I don't win the duel and if I run away I have to stop to recover stamina, many opponents in the meantime recover HP more quickly than me, so if I run away it means that I have already a foot in the pit, and I can assure you that I have played in Siege Guild in the last period and in my role the class performs badly and I often found myself against classes that did not have to stay there because they are too strong even to do my job, and in any case of Maehwa I have seen no more than 2 or 3 against, often even less, and we were 3 out of 100 and none of them, even with higher gear than mine, got decent results.

#201 Kurtferro79, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:51 PM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021 at 9:57 PM
    AZzalor likes this.
  2. Rügenwalder Pommersche

if with countering u mean run away till the other person is so bored they fall asleep and make a mistake, yea we can counter most classes
    It doesnt matter why they are meta. Yes warrior isnt meta cos he has a block its because of their burst mobility anf fast block, and succ valk is meta because she is quite literally un-cc-able with resist gems. Nova/Guardian are great low apm pve and large scale brawler type classes. Yet they all share the block - which is the main reason those classes hardcounter us. It doesnt matter if they are meta for other reasons this part of their kit is the reason we are struggling against them.
    Yet they are a the fotm (year actually) since a long time and they are also a direct nerf for musa/mae because of two main reasons. Ranged dmg melting us in sa and slowstacking. Wiz/witch can literally put us in a wheelchair. Lightning skills + addons and in group pvp the nice random blizzard and we are unable to move. The class being busted is one thing, the core mechanics that will (sadly) stay unchanged are the main problem again. Even if they nerf their damage by 500%, they will still slow us and therefore we are easy prey in group pvp.

There are just to many ways to counter us in exchange of the only thing we have. We cant sa trade sa heavy classes, we cant cc em either cos we dont have a grab. Same goes for block classes. In melee we are always at the risk of getting grabbed so we cant utilize our mostly melee (and unprotected ofc) ccs. Musa and maehwa are unarguable the two classes that suffer the most from attackspeed and movementspeed debuffs. And we are at a point where its very easy to get 3+ slows stacked on u. (normal skill slow, guardian slow, addons, wiz lightning, blizzard). At this point our problems are not class X or class Y, our problems are deeply rooted inside the game mechanics.

3. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Probably the first good suggestion in this thread.

4. Vortexii

The correct answer is that it's a 2 way street. Anyone who wants to favor their side is automatically wrong. You may personally prefer one over the other, but once you start trying to assert one is more important than the other you are wrong by definition.

"you cannot make the most important content of the game suitable only for certain classes,"

This statement is not worded properly and has no value. You are trying to self proclaim that group content is the most important aspect while that claim is only personal preference and can never be made on a global level. Many others value solo play more and some could care less about group content or sieges. They would ALSO be wrong in trying to proclaim that is the most important content.

5. Rügenwalder Pommersche

it sure would be nice if every class had a good role in large scale, sadly thats hardly doable. I dont even want musa to be great in large scale (and tbh its far better than mae), i just want some of our core problems fixed. If slowstacking wouldnt exist we alrdy would be able to play largescale without wanting to commit selfharm. Some other small qol changes and we would actually be playable in siege without being meta or to strong etc.

AZzalor likes this.
  6. Vortexii

The problem is the original statement doesn't work very well at all. It's destroyed in seconds.
    • Succ Wizard doesn't block
    • Zerkers don't block
    Yes they are some of the most powerful classes overall. So what does a shield have to do with this?

7. Rügenwalder Pommersche

It got mentioned pretty often, from various people in a lot of threads. And i too really believe thats the best way to balance things.

8. Vortexii

This is BDO your grab should be available at the end of your Grab Combo, and for many IT IS. That will never lead to the real conclusion though. Since that IS the case WHY is BDO even considered a PVP game? If they can't do anything right they shouldn't be advertising and focusing attention on things they simply CAN NOT HANDLE.

9. Rügenwalder Pommersche

You only read what u want to read. I said the meta shifted towards shield classes. And that is a true fact. Guardians and succession valks are very common classes. Warrior always was. Now we got Nova too. I never said every meta class has a block. Neither did i ever say u need a block to be meta. Zerkers are only meta in the regard of having ~5 in ur guild to bomb (which got nerfed) and succ wizard we dont have to argue about, you are well aware they are to strong. Not sure what exactly u destroyed since my point still stands, and as i mentioned in my second post it doesnt matter WHY they are meta what matters is that META classes HAVE blocks. Read it slowly again. SOME meta classes HAVE blocks. And thats a big problem for us. This is the reason why the meta didnt benefit us at all. But even if we ignore the block classes. Succ wiz is also a counter for us, which not even u can deny is meta. I wont answer for today anymore, since arguing with u, honestly, just makes me mad. Maybe tmrw i will jump in again to clear out the misconceptions u are trying to spread.

10. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

What you like is subjective but the design of the game is not, it is clear that the game is structured in this way and the event that brings more players into play together (mmorpg not a single player game) are the NW and Siege, so in the design of the game there is the part of increase of the player's skill, gear and then those to put them into practice in pvp, among the PVP events available the mass one is the most important, I don't talk about what one or the other likes, everyone can do what they want, even you can buy a car to put it in the living room only for admire but is taken for granted that its primary purpose is another.

Anyway if you want to laugh:

#210 Kurtferro79, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:10 PM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021 at 10:16 PM
  11. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

https://puu.sh/GR7lY/61ee31f324.jpg

I did not do this :) but I consider it an evaluation very close to the current reality, and as you can see even here in the 1v1 musa and mae are the worst placed, where you think we should excels, I dont know maybe we are all crazy?

See how active it is the maehwa forum :) Many got tired of writing proposals, they don't talk anymore, they just gave up ..

12. Rügenwalder Pommersche

nah its fine, everyone who is high gear or in a pvp guild knows musa/mae are trash. Its just the forum complainers and redditers that cant see it, mostly because they dont actually play the game. U wont find any known pvp streamer or player saying that those classes are not garbage

bit old but still fits xd
    https://www.twitch.tv/choice/clip/BoredMistyGorillaStoneLightning

AZzalor and Kurtferro79 like this.
  13. Vortexii

It's a weak argument because your using the term META and it's just not warranted. Nova is questionable at best whether it's even META. It's obviously played a lot now because it's new and there are even extra rewards for it.

Sorc, Hash, Zerker, Succ Wizard also have a big impact on the game yet none of them have shields. You are trying to ignore the most complained about class Succ Wizard and hash a pretty recent class. Valk is ok, but it's been years since it's really be on stage. So you really only have Warrior and Guardian.

And the poor Shai. You won't even acknowledge they exist!

14. Vortexii

Shakey is wallowing in tears right now.
    Musa is so strong "they are a 1 man army" #neverforget

You just need to edit your PVP clips more and their ranking will go up.

15. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

Why are you even arguing with Vortexii lol. This dude is one of the most biased people on this forum. Every PvPer that's worth anything, agrees that Musa mae are literally the worst classes in the game right now. No point arguing with people that just don't get it.

16. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

Because we are used to difficult challenges, that's why we didn't reroll to the FOTM class and play the bad ones :)

17. sajdas

Vortex is obviously a troll but he does have a point about 1 thing, none of the game activities, let alone different pvp activities, have more value than the others.

If we are talking about time spent in the game, life skill/grind would be the most valuable.
    If we are talking about pvp, none of the modes matter which make all of their value equal, you cant say that mass pvp have higher value than small scale/1vs1 - its entirely depend on the invidual idea of fun in the game.

Vortexii likes this.
  18. Kushbush

i like this idea. in a lot of fighting games there are cc breaks and in one mmorpg i played (Aion) there was a cc break all classes had, each classes cc break would do different things other than breaking cc and adding sa for a 3 seconds; some would heal a % of health and some would increase dmg output temporarily and some would increase resistances for a brief time. I think its a good idea but you would have to give it to all classes including grab classes but it would only work against grabs. That would be fair and make grabs not a reason to reroll a class.

19. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

I believe BDO is actually one of the few MMOs active that don't give CC break to all players. In fact some classes have little to no counter or answer to other classes that have a grab and can warp up to them. To use such grab. In fact some classes in BDO have 99% win advantage over others while others have less than 15% unless they outgear another.

But Whales sure so love their mindless easymode PvP. So here we are.

20. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

You have V which is exactly for the case that you fked up and got grabbed or cced otherwise.