1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to game looking for a good pve and average if not great pvp

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by CrashTestDummmyyy, Feb 25, 2019.

1. CrashTestDummmyyy

I'm new to the game I'm looking for a class that does well in pve but also won't get demolished in pvp. I usually play more tanks have played skilled base MMOs before so a high skill cap won't be a problem just looking for a class that is decent in both pvp and pve thanks on advance for the help

2. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

All classes are good, problem with bdo is everything is gear based once you can even think about pvp. It's to the point where 1 ap difference can decide the fight, skill atm doesn't really mean crap

3. Spartakatz

absolute nonsense. skill can easily make up a 20 ap difference.

Stillwaters, Casty and GamePois0n like this.
  4. DarkGG

No it cant I'm just at 500gs have yet to see anyone 480-490gs who can kill me. The gear gap is way to high in this game thanks to AP scaling and dp, meaning 0. Pvp is legit whoever lands cc 1st wins plain and simple stop trying to justify how crappy the pvp in this game is.

5. Spartakatz

your gs nonsense alone tells me you have no clue, you are ignoring buffs, crystals and everything.

yes you are right, who lands CC usually wins, and CCs are independent of your AP. you land CCs by knowing skills of your enemy, use timings, defend properly. you are contradicting yourself in 2 sentences. if you have more AP you can kill someone faster that's all. of course you need *some* decent AP but a couple difference doesn't decide most fights.
    if you claim nobody can kill you with 490 vs 500 gs, that's just ********. it's not even softcap, get out of the tutorial phase then come back.

AZzalor and Stillwaters like this.
  6. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

mchands can beat 280ap players with 250

Stillwaters likes this.
  7. DarkGG

And what's softcap? And dont give me this bs community made up crap, since according to community its tet boss and 261ap now. I am so dang tired of hearing about this crap. This game has no skill hell go watch the streamer and played a ninja and legit banged his head on his keyboard and killed people. Softcap is a made up community fantasy to make people feel superior than other and belittle them. Show me where a developer or GM has 100% set in stone softcap gear is X, I wanna see it. I wanna see that a lower geared player can kill people who outgear them, but the simple truth is it doesn't happen and never will.

8. CrashTestDummmyyy

how do you guys feel about the beserker he any good? or a Darknight

9. GamePois0n

those who say gs is a myth are people without gear

buttom tier in everything, you need to be really geared for it to work

10. CrashTestDummmyyy

So should I go dark night or striker they seem fun.

11. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

C'mon guys lets be real, yes, skills matter. Yes, there are some exceptional players who 250AP and can delete 280AP noobs, sure...

But lets be real gear is everything in this game and it takes a really long time to get it. Hoping to PVP before you are 550GS is pointless, I mean sure you might find some noobs (new players) with low GS and kill them, but there aren't that many noobs (new players) in this game.

OP was saying he is new, so obviously he gonna have no gear nor skill set. And lets give him straight that he won't be able to enjoy PVP or high end PVE at least for a year with a little bit of P2W, but he will probably quit as he won't see any progress in first couple of months lol

Now let him enjoy the beautiful world of BDO.

GL!

Phoenixxx75 and DarkGG like this.
  12. DarkGG

You just made my point this class is useless no matter how skilled you are it is useless without massive gear which backs up my point once again you cant outskill gear.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. DarkGG

Find something you enjoy and ultimately pay no mind to pvp until PA does something to improve it and remove the 100% dependent on gear.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. CrashTestDummmyyy

sounds good guess I will just go for it

15. Zendeo

Dont pick based on pvp.

After 1 month expired olvia server you go big league 1-shotted against veterans who played 3 years and spent 40 and more bil on gear.

If you want pvp go shadow arena where gear doesnt matter. Its most popular game mode where you get good rewards and its random class instead your main.

Phoenixxx75 and GamePois0n like this.
  16. CrashTestDummmyyy

sounds good

17. DarkGG

That's the best additude you can have, if you play a class just because it's the flavor of the month and has all these buffs then class gets nerfed to the ground like they always do you will quit the game alot sooner then finding a class you enjoy playing.

18. Zendeo

Class balance doesnt matter. Its 95% gear, 4% class, 1% skill. This is why people go shadow arena because everyone is equal and getting top10 in ladder is not easy. Actually ironically most veterans suck there because it doesnt take skill to get gear.

19. GamePois0n

but thats a class problem

20. Zendeo

How it is class problem. Majority of classes do more than good when 260ap plus 120ap hidden bonus.

Hard to outclass against someone who grinded 3 years or spent 1000s of dollar in pearlshop.

DarkGG likes this.