1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New ToS?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by NatashaArisha, May 24, 2018.

1. DarkEvn

I mean, there's been a new law in EU about data protection, making companies explain what they do with our data and making it ilegal to share personal information, or even selling It. So companies like Kakao, Whatsapp, Facebook, etc have had to renew these ToS's in order to adapt to the law. The rest is not new and have always been there.

And for the record for everyone. ToS are rules. Either you accept them or you don't play. Remember those signs in shops saying "no shirt=no service"? That's ToS reduced to it's Minimum factor.

People are freaking out over this when it's not even a bad thing... But yet again, this is a forum. I even heard someone saying he would take them to the court cause this is ilegal LMAO

2. Yuusayn

Good point, but you better do it sooner than later, according to my sources this game is ded and as soon as bless is out its going to be a ghost town

3. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

Again, you're the second person to quote this. I've already stated that I acknowledged the change as I was wrong about the GDPR rules and the TOS.

4. DarkEvn

Sorry sir, didn't read It!

The second part in my post is just for the rest, not directly to you, cause I'm really starting to lose Hope in the community with these threads.

5. elgen

Unrelated to the Right of Withdrawal. The right of withdrawal allows us to withdraw from a contract without explanations within 14 days. Since you have been playing since 2016 it's safe to assume that 14 days as already passed.

6. Alexandrious

Tbh I think the only thing that will kill BDO is Chronicles of Elyria =/ since it has better lifeskilling than BDO has, and the majority playerbase is, sadly, lifeskillers.....lulz.

Yuusayn likes this.
  7. Janus

Forcing consent to updated dataprotection (as mandated by GDPR) is not valid within that ToS Update. So, I informed Kakao via a ticket that I don't consent but since they force me to check that box, I will do so under the assumption that the ToS are invalid. As I don't see a reason to start a lawsuit (even if I am salty about the class changes in the last month), this is all hypothetical anyhow.

8. ambyentlight

If you signed the origional contract then you have no rights to anymoney back, did some research and contracts may need to be updated from time to time and they require your signature/concent and if you dont sign it that simply means ok cool your accounts termintaed byebye no money down.

Also would you even be dumb enought to risk a chargeback on a game you have played for however long your accounts been alive for? your all well past your 14 days anyway. If you tried ya would end up in jail for fraud apparently.

9. LikesItRuff

You woudn't end up in jail lol, tos is not an actual law the worse that can happen is they ban your account and the chargeback fails.

They have breached their OWN tos anyone who does a charge back is understandable but you can't go to jail over it.... lul

10. Reywhisper

It is perfectly vlaid. You disagree to ToS you dont play. You dont act accordingly to ToS. you will be banend. You obviously lacking knowledge about how GDPR works. Kakao is perfectly legit about forcing you to agree ToS in order to play.

11. elgen

Nothing personal to the folks in this thread but suggesting FORCED CONCENT really pisses me off.
    [​IMG]
    No one in NA/EU is forced at gun point to play this video game maybe in China at a labor camp but not here.

12. Reywhisper

Nobody is forcing you to play video gmae, that is true. But if you play it, you have to agree to ToS. And it is not just gmaes. If you want bank accoutn, you must agree to he terms of the bank- If you want to use public transport, you ahve to agree to the terms of use or do not step into the bus.

You just took "forcing" out of context and missinterpretated it.

13. Janus

If you have anything to do with GDPR in a professional setting, I strongly recommend you to read up on it. Unless your country of residence has some implementation that is "unusual" you may not combine consent (consent to privacy implementation according to GDPR) with contract (ToS).
    You are obviously lacking knowledge about how GDPR works.