1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New UI Issues & Concerns

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andaro, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Heya peeps,

As we all know we have a new UI as of today's patch (Oct 24th), and there may be some quirks associated with the new UI Layout. If you find anything like out-of-bounds text, wrong window sizings', or have other general concerns, or feedback, please post it here. (I will also be monitoring this topic, and pulling UI issues over here to insure they are organized)

Thanks!!

** Update ** 2018.11.07 **

Player Satisfaction Survey 1.3 - The New UI (2018)
    has been released to compliment feedback from this topic.

** Update ** 2018.10.31 **

All feedback, screen-clips, and issue reports submitted in this thread have been merged into the Feedback Library's central document for better organization, more efficient communication, and quicker staff accessibility and easier viewing.

You can find all submissions on the third page of the Library by following this link
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-FiIzXE0Cos27E7p6tF4SzQ76N5NtZUZWQP2/pubhtml#

Additional feedback regarding the New UI including suggestions, will also be catalogued on this page, for issues that specifically pertain to the changes of the New UI

** Analysis **

Overall, the community is somewhat split over whether they like the changes. Most of the concerns from both sides however are primarily:
    • General errors regarding localization, such as window sizing, text alignments, text color and sizing, truncated texts, spelling errors, and missing letters
    • Color gradients and over-all color schemes of the menus in contrast to the games medieval theme
    • Scaling issues due to common screen resolutions under 2K
      • (Suggestion) Set default UI scaling to 80% if selected display resolution is under 2K
    • Lack of "personality" in the overall design, seeming to feel more "cold and plain" compared to the games "sense of life" and "uniqueness"
    • Inability to customize various elements of the UI to fit the users needs
      • (Suggestion) Give ability to user to change color of UI Texts via Edit UI window
      • (Suggestion) Give ability to user to change color gradients of Menus via Edit UI window
      • (Suggestion) Give ability to user to change inventory icon sizes and spacing via Edit UI
      • (Suggestion) Give ability to user to resize individual windows of the UI
      • (Suggestion) Give ability to user to change transparency of menus
    • Players suggest the ability in settings to switch between the New UI and the Old UI
    • (Suggestion) Awesome Color scheme suggestion presented in this response
    • (Analysis is ongoing)

#1 Andaro, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Eoten, Carize, Cyka and 18 others like this.
  2. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

my main concern is for the UI team.. this is clearly a cry for help

3. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

i have no idea what the UI team has been thinking since the ui menus have been shoved down our throats
    the few sections where the ui does seem better imo the quest log i think thats only because the old menu was bad
    that said id rather have the old menu and the slight eyesore of the quest log over the cry for help ui we have now

at the very least give us the option to select the old ui
    that is the nice way of me putting things... legit concerned about opening other windows

4. Olympia

another issue :
    when you processing your stuff either by simple alchemy and if you look at your pear item inventory . The processing process will stop.

The Conjuration and SvenDee like this.
  5. SvenDee

Concern?
    Make this UI optional.
    Some like it, but most of it dont.

If the New UI has no other benefits or functions than the old one this should be done.

I cant play with the new UI.
    - Storage and Inventory overlapping with other buttons (scaling ui is not an option)
    - windows in general looks too big.
    - worker window is absolutely horrible. I cant clearly see if a worker needs attention (beer, etc)
    it all looks the same.

guess there is much more.

#5 SvenDee, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Ainzell, Cthulette, gheedorah and 5 others like this.
  6. MagicalTabletopGirls

I remember when Star Wars Galaxies Changed its UI... Everyone canceled their memberships & stopped playing the game. Where is it now...?

TekNahLowG and SvenDee like this.
  7. The Conjuration

PLEASE let us scale the ui without it affecting the rest of the game's text. Or just revert it in general. Not all of us have the vision of 80 year olds.

8. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I have noticed that it appears a bit "bulkier" .....i usually have my UI Scaling on 80%, and have had to push it a little further down to 75% to get it back in line with my screen resolution of 1600x900

9. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

weight bars misaligned... u can see yellow bar under green
    [​IMG]
    ui team didnt even want to look at it long enough to double check things

MagicalTabletopGirls likes this.
  10. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

i dont know where you come from but you must be a hero in ur lands

11. The Conjuration

Yes, I am legend.

Quoi...lity Control likes this.
  12. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

HARD MODE ACTIVATED: play 100% of the time with UI hidden

13. Ceris

I like the UI so far, but can we get a colored difference when we sell something at the Market and get our gold? The Buttons are easy to miss. :-)

Attached Files:

SvenDee likes this.
  14. gatsupl

Nothing wrong with storage and invetory

20181024153521_1.jpg

We should be able to sort workers not only by tier but also by Idle/Working/Promoting and such.

#14 gatsupl, Oct 24, 2018
  15. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

The new UI if anything is a downgrade from the old one and it looks like the botched up job of someone who took graphics design class once and quit.

- Cell spacing is horrid, why do we need all that padding.
    - Windows are absurdly big even at 1440p
    - Scaling makes most if not all text unreadable so barely an option
    - The whole color scheme is bland and does not fit with the game at all if you ask me

All in all it looks like an unfinished theme for a mobile phone (hell my mobile phone has better UI theme)

2/10. Please revert or give us a toggle option so we can choose which UI we play with.
    I consider this UI a mockery to your playerbase.

#15 v.klishev, Oct 24, 2018
  16. Grezvany13

#1 Broken weight bars
    [​IMG]

#2 Button highlight + Button spacing
    [​IMG]

#3 Unreadable text due to colors
    [​IMG]

#4 Messed up button layout
    [​IMG]

I also found some other padding/spacing issues, and a lot of issues related to color usage.

Please PA/Kakao; have someone TEST before you release it, cause this should never have been released.

17. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

18. Pirsig

They completely disregard form following function and continually attempt to stamp function on to desired form, and crippling said function in the process to make it look (subjectively) good. This subject thinks it looks horrid, on top of the loss of functionality.

gheedorah and seanas like this.
  19. The Conjuration

Not everyone plays in 4k. I have a 1920x1080 and it's way too crowded.

Carize and gheedorah like this.
  20. DragonX265

The New UI Makes you feel like you needed a magnifying glass on ultimate zoom mode! It is horrible! Makes me feel like im back on windows 98 second edition, and upgraded to windows vista with a black theme! YUCK! I feel like the black spirit puked all over the UI while burning our screens like ants and a magnifying glass. Alice through the looking glass did it way better.