1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New UI Issues & Concerns

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andaro, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cascaden

Concern: It sucks.

2. DragonX265

Change It Back! Change It Back! Change It Back!

3. Yemeth26

fix worker list

Bridne, Erethar and GamePois0n like this.
  4. Danjal

Saying this is a "bit bulkier" is like going to work, coming home, and having your 90 pound girlfriend come through your front door at 250 pounds. "A bit bulkier" is a hell of an understatement.

I'm running 1920x1080 and the inventory windows takes up half the screen now.

Carize and Quoi...lity Control like this.
  5. Sandpit_

I can't see them reverting this, some of the problems should be easy to fix, others less so, I guess we will only get some of the easy fix things at some point.

BAD UI design like splitting maid into two tabs are going to stay because some moron "designed" it that way.

There is also all the garbage listed in this thread
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/new-ui.317782

And add to that on the P window, battle stats, they can't even find space for Casting Sp... and Movement...

One day, they might make the Journal window work when there is daylight saving time active (come on guys WTF!??!!?)

6. MagicalTabletopGirls

Maybe it was take your kid to ruin your work day? This UI looks like it was designed by an 8 year old boy.

We have a brand new expansion coming out in a few weeks, I know, lets DESTORY our entire UI so nobody wants to even look at the game!

Hits: ctrl+U

Quoi...lity Control and Tallong like this.
  7. magret

i feel like my trashcan has expired. useless color information added, and the crucial ones removed. (market place?)

workers please, XP <-> hunger.
    farming UI huge UI lot of empty space yet last columns, header text overlaps. Another example of huge space loss overall for no ergonomy gain

more tabs, more clicks, totally the right direction, i already loved having my fishing/gathering/luck buffs separated from my life skills levels, more of it please (maids?) /sarcasm

the bootstrap hype is not for the plastic baby toy with giant button looking aspect but for the ability to adapt ui size to screen size. let me color it blue while you're at it so i can pretend it's Windows XP.

8. SAROMON1989

Good idea for the new UI but does the QA team have hands on it before release?

9. gatsupl

Now that sucks :(

10. orfeaskarman

On the skill tab i noticed on the top that skill upgrades are catergorised into "LANK"s
    like C LANK, B LANK , A LANK
    Whats a "lank" supposed to mean?

Quoi...lity Control and Bridne like this.
  11. Vafthrudnirson

New UI probably can't be optional. I think they've scrapped a bit of the old code base that the old Ui needed, this new Ui renders much faster. New Ui needs to be polished, it's extremely rough. The elements are massively inflated and so many things are misaligned.

12. gatsupl

Text in Worker menu is fked btw XO
    20181024161748_1.jpg

13. magret

you want some halloween scare?
    imagine if they never added the "recover all" and "repeat all" buttons

14. gatsupl

Damn. I'm literally shaking now.

Factorial likes this.
  15. gatsupl

20181024163850_1.jpg

Why do we need to separate Storage and Marketplace Maids? All it does is generate more clicks.

Korvgubben and Bridne like this.
  16. gatsupl

20181024164413_1.jpg
    Also Horse/Ship bars not updated D:<

17. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I have updated the main post with all the current submitted screen clips, and listed common complaints.
    Please do post up more screen clips as you find them and I will amend the main post to organize them properly.

Thanks everyone!

gatsupl likes this.
  18. Wodur

Or enable us too choose from the old UI or this new one..uts fugly

TekNahLowG and Tallong like this.
  19. Saphala

They need to make is so that the game remembers Window locations in the Storage window. I play at 100% scaling and when I enter storage all the buttons are covered up and they windows go back to their defualt location every time I move them

20. Prime Vlilijorn

I understand the need for change on the UI. It was time to clean up the clutter. At first I felt it was too clean and modern. Like it was implementing magazine design and 1990's web style with new digital design. We are missing dividers/boxes for sections and the tabs/buttons aren't a noticeably different color (not referring to shade or added gradient), which makes it blend too much. It created a different type of clutter in some places and too much empty space in others. It feels less fantasy in some ways and more first person shooter.Although it only need a few color changes and dividers to fix that design and make it feel more fantasy again.