1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New UI Issues & Concerns

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andaro, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Spirito

Spirito Spirito35 Witch 62 EU

2. Prime Vlilijorn

I've included an image of some design/layout alterations. These changes address issues concerning focal-point, colors/tints, gradients, and dividers/boxes. More, stylistically, can be done to solve these problems in regards to bitmaps and vectors. This is just an example working within minimals.

[​IMG]

Edit: I've added a second version of the minor changes from above. This, following image, displays a proper side by side, for better reference of the changes that were made in regards to the UI colors (only the inventory window). This does not include the references to dividers/boxes with other windows (as shown above).

[​IMG]

Update 1 (from latest posts):
    ATTACK OF THE RED TEXT
    The rich red text on the bluish-grey color/THEME of the UI templates (along with the default font used and drop shadow), causes color contrasting(or clashing), which agitates optic focus. This makes it harder to read, harder to concentrate on, and causes attraction issues (which can lead to various various mental and physical symptoms such as, but not limited to: headaches, seizures, impairments, and nausea). Softer (less rich) colors would help reduce any problems. The image example included, displays the following...
    Approximate RED in use: Hex# - b80505
    Approximate (safer)Pink in use: Hex# - e5426d
    Example (safer)Softened Red unused: Hex# - b42f2f
    An even more softened (dulled, less rich) red can be still be created/used to reduce eye strain and focal inability.

[​IMG]

Update 2 (from latest posts):
    A Minor Update/Change Removed (uncertain of permanence)...
    Or bugging (due to visibility for split second upon opening)...
    At one point horizontal dividers where placed in/on the in-game "My Information / Basic" template yesterday. They have since then been removed (or bugging again?).

*Elaboration on necessity of implementation or changes of dividers, boxes, and colors schemes
    (Horizontal & Vertical) Dividers/Boxes help separate/collect information, assist focus, and reduce scatter/clutter. This is not a matter of preference or QoL, rather this is a legitimate design/development safety/accessibility rule. Web searches regarding UI (OS, App, Site, Game), art, and magazine design/development (even in conjunction with templates/layouts), based on decades of experience, psychology, and gathering user input, will yield results on such rules (even medical analysis/studies). With that stated, additionally, there are several similar search results, books, and courses based on color schemes and themes. These are often categorized as DOs and DON'Ts. Although, there is much information based on perception or personal preference with experimentation during creation/conceptualizing/fabrication, there are also actual legitimate reasons behind these precautions/warnings available. I only mention this in case there is a mistaking of/for compromising style/theme/presentation over real user-experience issues vs user-preference, not as a negative or gripe/rant; as intuitive help in eliminating confusion for the sake of better understanding.

#62 Prime Vlilijorn, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  3. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

1. Everything is too big
    2. Has nothing medieval like the game concept
    3. It is way too futuristic for that game
    4. colorless.

I really don't know what is the new UI about, what is the reason behind those changes. Is it because of console? because of Mobile phone?

It just doesn't fit into this game.

Carize, gheedorah, Lynx and 7 others like this.
  4. xCedric x

xCedric x Archer 60 EU

+1 totally agree

Quoi...lity Control likes this.
  5. SvenDee

yup, console. 1 UI to care of.
    Thats my guess

6. Spectrari

I agree only on 1 point - It should have smaller size.

I really love its style and colors.

Lynx likes this.
  7. xCedric x

xCedric x Archer 60 EU

What colors ?

8. Spectrari

Minimalistic blue-white dark theme.

9. xCedric x

xCedric x Archer 60 EU

White is not a color try again

10. Xenosuke

I'm not going to lie, I quite enjoy the new UI theme. I am glad they finally finished the other windows to match it. There are a few minor issues, but all in all the UI doesn't feel stale to me anymore. Once they get some of the minor issues out of the way it will be all right.

Spectrari likes this.
  11. Nees

we need the option to get old UI pls :)

12. SvenDee

white and black are no colours.
    Dark Theme will be ok, when its not grey on the same grey with massive the same grey.
    Worker no beer? same grey
    Worker can reskill? same grey
    Market item not sold? grey
    Market item sold? same grey.

Sometimes you need colours.

13. CM Richter

Community Coordinator

Thank you for this thread. Rest assured that I am recording all feedback from this and other threads as this UI is very new and different for many players. I for one enjoy the look, but can see where we can make some adjustments.

Thank you! :)

Lynx, Nepheisa, PotatoFighter and 3 others like this.
  14. Lillekolibri

I just cant stand this new UI. Supposed to make thing more "easy" to see, but it makes the whole game look confusing as ****. The color of the background and letters feels wrong. It makes the whole menu feel cheap. I seriously can't stand it. The workers list is so damn huge it pisses me off everytime I open it. And I won't even mention the marketplace! I'm not hating, I love this game more than anything, but this change makes no sense at all. I guarantee 90% don't like this change! Please give us the option to change this. I play on a huge screen, but the different menus are so damn big it feels like I have ****ed up the whole display option when I've not.

Carize and SvenDee like this.
  15. omiddo

@Andaro some stuff for your OP:

- It's hard to spot the available promotions for the workers, as the number is written white on white.
    Immagine.png

- In the Transport window, if you select Send and keep the cursor over it, it spams the "hovering" sound of the cursor.
    Immagine2.png

- In the Fairy window, the exp colored bar is offset and the button to turn on Morning Star is broken: when it's on (yellow) the skill is inactive, when it's off the skill is active.
    Immagine3.png

SvenDee likes this.
  16. SvenDee

Yip. This is not a Fantasy Gaming Design.

Prime Vlilijorn explained it in his picture and the conflicts the new UI Design have with the mmorpg and fantasy concepts. The Colour and Scheme reminds me more of a First-Person-Shooter Inventory or a survival game then of an Fantasy MMORPG.

17. t0pk3k

[​IMG]
    I WANT UI LIKE THIS

Nepheisa and Quoi...lity Control like this.
  18. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I have updated the OP with all screen clips and new bugs/errors to the point of this message.
    Thanks everyone for their contributions! Keep them coming as you find them! ^_^

omiddo and Quoi...lity Control like this.
  19. Ladzimesh

This totally just broke so many design rules. The over-uniformity of colors add to chaos and disorder. Some of the blazing text and icon colors are making my eyes bleed. I just read another comment about needing more dividers and that could help. But overall, these UI changes are some of the worst. Haven't we already had UI changes. And aren't there more things that can be fixed and added than this nonsense? Do they not have serious and experienced designers staffed? 10/24/2018, designers and developers across the globe could be heard screaming and crying as they died inside. Seriously though, PA change it back or hire new designers to fix flaws then add the option to change back. Quit wasting perfectly valuable work-weeks on updates like these, many of us are paying customers and want to enjoy your content and updates, not be tortured by unprofessional work quality and lackluster development.

Korvgubben, seanas, SvenDee and 3 others like this.
  20. Doom Smack

Good thread.

Busy today and haven't played much but for my bit what has bothered me so far in particular is:
    1. Cell spacing on inventory/storage.
    2. Worker List: Very hard see worker promotion count on.
    3. Worker List: The swapped xp/stamina bars (was this intentional).

My monitor broke so Im using a smaller backup one 1680x1050 for now.

#80 Doom Smack, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018