1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New UI Issues & Concerns

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andaro, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Prime Vlilijorn

I'm one of them and the hurt inside is real.

Carize, SvenDee and Ladzimesh like this.
  2. magret

lol totally missed that thanks to the lack of contrast

Disconnect window: all beautiful and clean, but you have to first select a char to see the "change" button. extra click

Carize likes this.
  3. Kelt Rand

The fact that you cant revert to the old UI or scale the icons is insane!!

Immersion, feels like I’m playing Everquest 1...

Who are your UI designers, Stevie Wonder, Mr. Magoo, Helen Keller?!

Sandpit_, t0pk3k and Prime Vlilijorn like this.
  4. Spectrari

White is a color try again.

gheedorah likes this.
  5. AgentTaco

What you did here helps a little. There is still so much wrong.
    Completely Agreed!
    YES! this was not necessary at all. A customized ui or customized color chooser would've been a better or more valuable update for ui. But still not necessary. So much time wasted
    Agree with this too!
    I'm not even a designer and its does hurt inside.

Prime Vlilijorn likes this.
  6. NeekasHH

/sign.... this UI sucks!!

7. magret

some languages use a different word for colors with no hue (greys)

8. DragonMasterTye

As many people have added in this thread, the UI has a lot of serious problems that actually effect gameplay but before we even get to that.... Why do we have a sci-fi shooter UI for a fantasy game?

I believe a good temporary solution is to let us choose to use the old UI and for the future we either need a new UI that fits the theme (and functions) or we need sci-fi elements in BDO which would be... interesting.

Korvgubben and Prime Vlilijorn like this.
  9. magret

even without considering the game type/look, we had a yellowish UI at a time where it's known that yellow light strains the eye way less than blueish light which was a very good point, then what do they do?

10. Prime Vlilijorn

I have no idea tbh. I mean, I get trying something different or new, but its just all wrong/incomplete. But I'm starting to think like some of the other posts... that it was an update focus that could've been different or non-existent. There was very little wrong with the previous NEW UI's. This overhaul isn't being met with open arms, in-chat or forums, in regards to all the mistakes and issues. Definitely agree though, we NOW need a better UI that fits theme, and we didn't have that need before. I guess that means its now broken in a lot more ways than were initially apparent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#90 Prime Vlilijorn, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Carize likes this.
  11. DragonMasterTye

One of my favorite things about BDO is that they are constantly moving forward. That is a seriously hard thing to do in the game dev industry, especially for an MMO and especially when your game is popular. You are never going to make everyone happy. So I appreciate that they are trying to do that with a fresh take on the UI but the game has core principles that if changed on a single element, have to be changed in all elements or you lose the cohesive, immersive feel of the game that we all love so much. And @Prime Vlilijorn just made another good point, yesterday, we had a UI that we all liked and the majority of the community didn't think it needed an update, but now that they tried to put an update out and many of us don't like it, it feels like we need a new *new* UI.

Prime Vlilijorn likes this.
  12. Zyx1

The worst are the scrollbars, you need to find the one pixel that reacts. How on earth can this get deployed? Has no one in your whole company any brains left?

Carize, Korvgubben, Mimimimi and 2 others like this.
  13. shinichizio

I don't have any real bug-type issues, I'm just here to cry about the colors and icons being removed from various windows (eg. inventory, workers, dialogue, etc). Why would you do such a thing? It doesn't meaningfully improve visibility and makes the game look worse, at least to me.

14. SvenDee

Ok, i try. But its offtopic.
    Light:
    - When there is no light, everything is black. In other words there is no photons of color. So Black cant be a color.
    - White is the blending of all colors. So, maybe its an color. (additive color theory) but possible not, white just reflects all the other colors. (prisma + white light, rain > rainbow)

In physics, a color is visible light with a specific wavelength. Black and white are not colors because they do not have specific wavelengths. (Pink has also no specific wavelength, but nobody would say, pink is not a color)
    But if you ask an Artist, he will say: "Maybe"

So, physically White is not a color, biological it can be a color like pink and magenta does.

#94 SvenDee, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Korvgubben likes this.
  15. Mimimimi

Carize and Prime Vlilijorn like this.
  16. Bridne

I want to add my squeaky wheel to this complaint. This drives me crazy! It is irritating. I don't like being irritated by a game. We shouldn't need to spend 3 minutes trying to grab the scroll bar!

Korvgubben, seanas and SvenDee like this.
  17. Mimimimi

****ing yes. i tried scrolling through the rewards list and was half-way closing the game already. w t f

18. Jouule

Probably because you pay RL $ for those. So each is it's own thing. But I get your point. If you have many, it's cumbersome.

19. Jouule

All I know for sure is whoever thought red text on an orange progress bar would improve functionality needs a different assignment. I get that folks are resistant to most any change. But red text on orange background? Comeon. lol

20. magret

apparently the triangle down the log allows to drag to extend the widget toward the bottom. it's kinda hard to drag it for reasons. Not sure if it's been "fixed" today or always was kinda buggish.

but that was where i had my custom quickslot. meeeh again. Not that there is much space left on the screen for them now.

otherwise pick 1 or max 2 recent quests to have more scrollable space.
    it helps a bit, though it doesn't fix the problem which is too much margin space mostly.

for the scroll bar, honestly i don't see any at all, but i've always used the mouse scroll without issue

to be fair, they managed to screw you even if you have only one maid

Jouule likes this.