1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New UI Issues & Concerns

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andaro, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Grissu

Another thing about too big UI. That was my first association. We are not 80 years old mans. Sorry. but i had to say it. : D

3.jpg

xCedric x and Mimimimi like this.
  2. 2monthslatenonamesleft

You can't set partial word searches as favorite in the marketplace anymore, it must be a full and unique item name. This is extremely annoying and a step back in functionality. (They still work if you have them from before, you just can't add new ones.) eg) You can't favorite 'Fruit of' so that when clicked it'll show all the different types of fruit. You must favorite "Fruit of Nature", "Fruit of Destruction", seperately.

3. pistolpete25

Would it be possible to just get an option to use the new or older UI setup please? Thats all some of us want, a way to shut off this migraine causing "improvement" that someone came up with.

elephantgrey likes this.
  4. Korvgubben

This is a preexisting issue that I noticed a bit before they added costume melting as I was checking my pearl inventory for costumes while chopping timber at warehouse. Not related to new UI but should still be fixed.

@Andaro
    "
    • Stamina bars on Workers not refilling when you feed them"

Possibly not a bug but maybe ppl mixing up the new work progress bar with the stamina bar? It does look the same as the old stamina bar afterall...

Andaro likes this.
  5. runbat

runbat 1

you sure? maybe some of us are!

6. Andaro

Ambassador

good observation!
    Check that out and hollar back, if it is as you say, then I'll edit that line....(I've gone to work atm so can't check myself)

7. Grissu

Ye i know, but mostly... not i guess : P

8. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

upload_2018-10-25_15-41-40.png

Another small thing: Would you think that I'm currently viewing the "Inventory" section or the "Pearl" section?

I'm viewing my "Inventroy", but imo, the design suggests the opposite, which is quite confusing.

9. StarDan

I find the spacing between inventory icon infuriating.
    Makes the inventory windows way bigger than it should be.
    before / after.
    [​IMG]

seanas and Spectrari like this.
  10. runbat

runbat 1

i guess you're right ;P

11. elephantgrey

At this point I would happily spend pearls to revert back.

12. Crimdrac

Sorry if someone posted this feedback already, but the thread is becoming ridiculously long to read through.

I would like to suggest to make the buttons more visible. The button colors right now blend too closely with the UI box and sometimes it's hard to see what I'm actually clicking because of the blend.

I would hate to see players mess up any enchants/crafting/ memory frag repairs with a confusing display.

Also, I am not sure if your team covers the Edit UI feature, but I am unable to load any of my saved presets on new characters or alts. Nothing happens when I try to do load a preset. It is not a read/write issue.

13. StarDan

Well, that would not be an issue if icons on buttons had been removed, witch is really a terrible decision.

14. Andaro

Ambassador

hey there ^_^

No worries m8, as each and every comment is being read, and common concerns and reported screen clips are being pulled to the topics first post so we don't miss anything. ~HakunaMatata

15. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

It's also awful that they removed those little icons aswell (icons for "Alchemy", "Produce" and such).

seanas and Crimdrac like this.
  16. Pirsig

Just ran across this:
    20181025161221_1.jpg

17. Prime Vlilijorn

ATTACK OF THE RED TEXT
    The rich red text on the bluish-grey color/THEME of the UI templates (along with the default font used and drop shadow), causes color contrasting(or clashing), which agitates optic focus. This makes it harder to read, harder to concentrate on, and causes attraction issues (which can lead to various various mental and physical symptoms such as, but not limited to: headaches, seizures, impairments, and nausea). Softer (less rich) colors would help reduce any problems. The image example included, displays the following...
    Approximate RED in use: Hex# - b80505
    Approximate (safer)Pink in use: Hex# - e5426d
    Example (safer)Softened Red unused: Hex# - b42f2f
    An even more softened (dulled, less rich) red can be still be created/used to reduce eye strain and focal inability.

[​IMG]

Updated to: https://community.blackdesertonline...ui-issues-concerns.317816/page-4#post-1674870

#177 Prime Vlilijorn, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Korvgubben and Joungf like this.
  18. Spectrari

Wow, they actually hotfixed Maid List. Now we don't need to click once more to open Marketplace.

Very good, didn't expect that.

19. StarDan

Just noticed but.. they actually made visibility icons for cash shop gear smaller...
    But in the shape of an eye, so it's kinda good ?

Korvgubben likes this.
  20. Korvgubben

I've been able to feed my workers without other issues than vomit-inducing visuals since the patch. I think there would have been a lot more complaints if no1 could feed their workers. Could still be a very limited issue I guess but I think ppl mixing up the bars is much more likely.
    Todays hotpatch added numbers to the new stamina bar so even thought i looks awful it might reduce some confusion.

Regarding your post about improved performance I think that might be placebo as I have just as much stuttering and meh performance as usual and the fps counter also shows the exact same as it did pre-patch in Velia.

Going into rant-territory I'm kinda annoyed how poorly the game still performs after all this time... I used to get ~120 fps in true full screen but for some reason the game cant keep 60 fps in full screen windowed but rather 50-55-58 and lots of stuttering. To make matters worse true full screen stopped working with the (d)remastered patch and toggling it now either crashes the game or squeezes the screen to an inverted wide-screen kind of window and the game goes completely out of synch with the mouse pointer.

I just tried adding "fruit of" to my favorites and it worked without problems.

Make sure you have restarted the game today to get the hotfixes but if that doesnt help make a bug report and/or ticket.

I've also experienced buged ingame text since early august. It has not been fixed yet but I have a thread in the bugs section that seems to have been left for dead: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/ingame-text-pixelated.283234/

I think that you are mistaken about your assumption that this change has been brought by player feedback.

To put it simple, the new UI looks TV/touch screen frendlier than the old one. The small details on the buttons that we used to have would not work out that great when you are sitting in a couch looking at a TV screen far away. Same with touch screens. You dont want small details, you want a big, clear button that looks like you can fit your finger on it.

As is praxis in the gaming business console and mobile platforms needs extra adaptations to present an enjoyable experience and due to how adaptable the PC platform is that user base has to bend over and take aaaaaaaaall the **** from behind on every multi-platform game.

I am proudly pirating every butchered console port of games I want to play and I will keep doing that untill MY prefered platform gets the 1st class costumer treatment.

/rant

PS: The new UI doesnt improve on any of the functionalities that you listed. One suggestion that I can give you is to use the 3 pet presets (that used to be color coded) to make groups of pets for your 3 most common activities.