1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New World? Next Gen of Survival MMO's? ( Siege video incl.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by T800, May 4, 2019.

1. T800

The game is being developed by Amazon company.

The Siege part start half way through the video:

It's currently in Alpha Test, and under NDA but mmorpg.com managed to get some info from reddit:

• Truly open world player housing/cities with housing/farming in the same vein as SWG but with more of an Archeage feel.
    • Low # character cap on guilds means no huge zergs. I've never seen more than 5-10 people together, max.
    • Methodical, Dark-Souls-esque melee combat, which is good, but can easily be better with tweaks. Guns / Bows feel great.
    • Quick to transition from a new player into doing useful/exciting activities with your gulild, as is true in most sandboxes.
    • Fantastic local VOIP and "friendly intentions" waving button to nearby people means a lot of cooperation and PvP less tension. Great community so far (not surprising since it's Alpha)
    • Zergy open world Ganking is far less common than other sandboxes due to penalties. There are 'lawless' areas however with no penalties for anyone.
    • DOES NOT play like an Alpha, more like a late beta. Runs incredibly smooth, UI is polished and crisp. This could easily be a well-rated "early access" game on Steam
    Source https://www.mmorpg.com/new-world/ne...e-for-the-game-1000052357#0fTPelhd3jazMeKF.99

Of course i expect a lot of this is sugar coating and publicity. But Siege video definitely sparked my interest.
    What do you think?

Josh28, Factorial and Clandestine like this.
  2. Catastigma

Its a Ark evolve/Rust/Atlas game.

Open world is useless if all the community are on thier private server. its not a mmorpg cause of this. its Its coorpg. 5-10 Guild member max... Its a groups, not a Guild..

Comparing with Eve online is definily the most abuse here. A structure barely the since of family cannot create seriousity to player.

A Eve online Federation is 10-30k player.. Here is the massive. Here is the mmorpg...

Avoiding Zerg is break the main reason of a Open-world interest of a Sandbox mmorpg.

2-3 week of hype train definitly. But nothing more.

Even less, i am pretty sure that its will be a Desync fest.

Maybe just fun for Lifeskilling. Cutting Tree physic look promising.

#2 Catastigma, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Rygart likes this.
  3. Factorial

I am impressed that they call that an alpha stage. Not holding my breath so let's see how it turns out. Since it's a western MMORPG maybe it will have MMORPG elements that BDO is so sorely lacking

Thelemna likes this.
  4. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

Looks like dogshit tbh

5. Jaeger

Tbh i nearly fall asleep and this music in the background....

6. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

Looks like it might have potential.

Until haxx wreck it like everything else.

7. T800

Come on guys, give it a chance. Can't forever depend on Korean Game developers, you know how they are with P2W/P.

Look how BDO was in Closed Beta:

• Laggy characters.
    • No Walls to destroy.
    • Much worse than today graphics.
    • Killing a Statue for some reason.
    • Everyone looks the same.
    • No Damage Numbers!!!
    Also Zergs kills PvP experience anyway.

8. ALO

ALO

Depends I remember on Lineage2 there was some great zerg fights and not every time zerg won but it was other time other game

good old days :(

9. Josh28

There were amazing Zerg fights in Aion too. It sucked getting 80 vs 1, but we just formed our own zerg and push into the enemy with Tanks and Healers, sometimes annihilated whole zergs with the Abyss Transformation. Some maps (like Abyss & lev 55) allowed you to pick up stragglers and escape the Mob coming at you, then lure some to an isolated spot. Things you don't see in any other game cuz maps are just flat without obstacles or cliffs.

Although the best experience I got fighting zergs were in the Gamez Aion private server. It was super easy getting Abyss gear, so at some point, everyone had the same gear, yet the fights were constant, day and night in several maps. Raids in cities and Zerg dances for hours upon hours(Push and retreat). I even became Sorc Governor for a month, and groups chased me around the map to kill me...stressful AF. Always fighting 1 v 2 ~ 1v 6, then died once and lose the points I got from killing ~50 people.

The core members of my Guild, Purity, could take on Zergs alone. 6 of us vs 20-30 Asmodians. (There should be FB videos) We utterly destroyed their zergs until they disbanded. But then hackers multiplied. They found invulnerability hacks mixed with invisibility, and attack speed, we got a few banned, but that pretty much killed the fun cuz it was super easy to lev up, so they just came back in a few hours. Hackers were the reason I played Retail BDO, yet they infested here too lolz.

Outside of Aion, the only games where zerging was a little fun, was Archage, and Silkroad, but it doesn't compare.

10. Loriel

Loriel Witch 62

It looks great. Kind of remind me good old game style but graphic is nice and modern.

I feel like clip (game showcase) don't try to hype or pretend something.. (if you don't know what im talking about type to youtube: anthem trailer vs reality)

Nowaday all games are super flashy and super action and super crappy.. like AIR trailer ->"EPIC BIG GUNS BUM BUM!! RATATATAT BUM!"

This amazon game looks just natural ..i really like it.. definitely looking forward to learn more about game.

11. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

I am in the alpha testing wish i wasnt under nda, but i will say 1 thing PLEASE don't fall for the hype.

12. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Eewww... small guild member cap. I prefer group pvp with like 100-200 people...whenever possible.

13. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Also don't know how MMORPG was able to capture gameplay since if you load up any software the game kicks you out. They don't play about the NDA, I did check and yeah i can say the game atm is a bdo great combat great graphics with no content. It's pretty much an empty game.

14. Maginha

A lot of functions, like building settlements and shops for crafting looks interesting, fighting looked clumsy and slow af and did not catch my interest tbh