1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News from the Other Side of the World #3

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Webby

The real question (and potential issue) is if the NPC does not refund the Black Stone (the same as the neg kara alt does). I hope they have considered this because it will be a salt superstorm if people have to pay silver AND lose their Black Stone on every downgrade.

@CM Yukimura is there any clarification on this?

#21 Webby, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    RamblingRose likes this.
  2. Webby

Negative karma alt for deleveling gear has been a thing since the early days. So it only took Pearl Abyss two years to notice and do something about it tell us that they plan to do something about it.

This just adds more to my growing belief that none of the Pearl Abyss developers actually play the game.

3. kreez

kreez Krownyy Tamer EU

its on KR already 100k no black stone

4. Webby

I suspect this will not be received well, at least not on NA. players will not be happy about losing a Black Stone in addition to the silver cost to the NPC and will continue to use the negative karma alt.

And the frustration will once again be that Pearl Abyss has "addressed" an issue and not really fixed it correctly...

I am now convinced that none of the devs actually play the game they are working on.

#24 Webby, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Ludakriss and R.Prescott like this.
  5. ODB3698

This would be amazing. They are only falling short by not including the ability to view/manage the storage of your other characters (mules) in this same interface.

6. Vamathi

Vamathi Macabre 61 EU

Yeah that would be a nice extension for sure. Ill check if it was suggested before on our forums and write it up if it wasnt.

Ludakriss likes this.
  7. gatsupl

Wonder how many years till they notice Margoria content is utterly broken.....
    I still have nightmares after I saw Vells "perfectly flawless" animation XO

Ludakriss likes this.
  8. Strycer

Strycer Kunoichi 61 EU

Pls more News like this instead of just keeping mouths shut for weeks :)

*Like!*

Ludakriss likes this.
  9. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

Is this tied to this :
    ?

You guys kept talking about plans unfolding soonTM a few weeks ago even in our in game mail, so I was wondering if this was it or if there was more to come.

Ah and about
    Please consider adding a search option (not case sensitive pretty please) to find items in our different inventory/storage while "you" are working on this.

10. TeRRoRibleOne

I have to pay to degrade my gear for failstacking? Umm, the free way was very easy... Stupid as hell update. Make people not in sieges have 1 HP

11. Guts

The optimization didn't do anything. And I doubt their team even made a change, the post is just ******** they feed us to calm down the mob.

If you go into rbf or BA you can still lag/dsync is still as present as it was before.
    The only way to fix this would be to rewrite the netcode.

12. Capitaine Courage

So they remove an element of RNG, and add a gold sink instead.
    Mind you, they didn't change anything to the way enchants are done, success rates (while saying that I hope they didn't mess with low gear enchant succes rates again), or how gear is repaired (since it's one of their main money makers).

Since it's seemingly alreday in KR, does somebody knows how local playerbase recieved that ?

Ludakriss likes this.
  13. RoakOriginal

They can always use their alt if they dont like it....

14. RoakOriginal

I want other character inventories as well, not only warehouses. Relogging between 14 alts when looking for something is annoying AF.

ODB3698 likes this.
  15. Yuii

if this actually happens -- the siege/node war bit -- that alone will be a HUGE step in salvaging endgame PvP. i'll wait though.

16. Rover 2

I actually like being able to pay 100K to downgrade a +15. Sure, I could go the neg karma route, but I won't. I'll gladly pay 100K silver for the quicker option instead of alt-swapping and doing it that way. Its a convenience thing that I'm glad they introduced.

Alavanger, ODB3698 and Envywastaken like this.
  17. PolowBornFly

sadly i think their taking that out as a whole :(

18. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

I agree that at least rbf was a joke yesterday. I dunno if it was tied to the emergency maintenance they had to pull tho (and didn't get to play today yet)

19. TeRRoRibleOne

Actually you pay more than that, forgetting the black stone you get back when it downgrades? So you are technically paying 320k to downgrade each item.

ttweedle likes this.
  20. DrMorrow

I think the problem isn't if we could use our alts for degrading or not. The thing is though the solution will fail to solve that frustrating and stupid experience of degrading gear !